Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes
    NO PRE SLEEPING BAG!?!?!? that makes me a sad panda
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    DO WANT

But 1900 UMTS only for Americas... argh.
    Just don't plan on using it indoors .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Yeah....

Anyway, can I order this and have it shipped to the states?
    Yes, but you're spending a lot to have one of these EU devices here in the US with only 1900 MHz UTMS/HSPA+ which will render it barely usable inside - also read below ....

Quote Originally Posted by bcoale View Post
    I was wondering the same thing..I have to pay full price regardless. What does sim free mean?
    Sim Free means unlocked device, not tied to any carrier contract. Since its unlocked you buy the device "sim Free" and put whatever carrier SIM card you want into it. Technically, there are other considerations. Yes you generally can make calls worldwide with any carrier SIM inserted, but as for data, 3G UTMS / HSPA + (faux 4G) the frequencies vary depending on the region. There are many many threads documenting this throughout this board. Look in the Pre 2 thread, one of them is stickied.

I recommend saving for a couple more weeks to get the fully NA compatable device with both 850 and 1900 bands!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/16/2011 at 05:51 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

Sim Free means unlocked device, not tied to any carrier contract. Since its unlocked you buy the device "sim Free" and put whatever carrier SIM card you want into it. Technically, there are other considerations. Yes you generally can make calls worldwide with any carrier SIM inserted, but as for data, 3G UTMS / HSPA + (faux 4G) the frequencies vary depending on the region. There are many many threads documenting this throughout this board. Look in the Pre 2 thread, one of them is stickied.

I recommend saving for a couple more weeks to get the fully NA compatable device with both 850 and 1900 bands!
    Thank you very much for this explanation! This community is awesome.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234