View Poll Results: Did you send Leo an Email?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Sir!

17 43.59%
  • Nah, not worth it

22 56.41%
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Soorma
  • 1 Post By sinime
  • 1 Post By Soorma
  • 2 Post By grappler
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
  • 1 Post By NateEaton
  1.    #1  
    Hey everybody!

Like you guys, I have been waiting patiently for the Pre 3. The water has gone over the head and I cannot understand why HP is being so silent about the Pre3 for the US.

Lets shoot some emails at Leo. This always seems to get a response from HP, so who is with me?

HP Executive Team: CEO email
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    robster#WN likes this.
    email sent
    We're going to make Leo wish HP didn't buy Palm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Soorma likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys!

And everyone saying "not worth it", please it only takes a minute. Help out the community. It's better than nothing :-( You get what you push for!
    un_designer likes this.
    My e-mails been sent, hopefully one of us will get a reply
    make sure to send from a device that tacks on a sent from webOS sig line!
    Soorma and un_designer like this.
  7.    #7  
    So I just got a phone call from HP about the Pre3. They said nothing about Sprint (we will notify you) but when I asked about AT&T, the guy said that "except it sooner than later". Exact words. "We promised summer, we will deliver on it".
    Any word on Verizon?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Any word on Verizon?
    Sorry, forgot to ask about Verizon! It makes sense though, the leaked Verizon map didn't have Pre3, so it probably will launch soon too.

For AT&T, the rep said "we just haven't set a date"
    As a scholar of Steve Jobs correspondence, I feel obliged to school all of you to begin your emails with:

"Dear Mr. [CEO],
    I love [Company] products..."

as this is the one true established form of hailing an Executive.
    JonVon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Sorry, forgot to ask about Verizon! It makes sense though, the leaked Verizon map didn't have Pre3, so it probably will launch soon too.

For AT&T, the rep said "we just haven't set a date"
    Tell the rep you read that Leo just announced the US Pre 3 will be shipping tomorrow 8/17 and added that HP reps are now taking phone orders.

Please, don't anyone from that "other" board take this information to mean there's been an announcement, there hasn't - I'm just making a humorous little suggestion post!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/16/2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: date correction
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  12.    #12  
    Tomorrow is 8/17 ;-)
    Tomorrow is 8/17 ;-)
    corrected, now lets get on the phone and call those hp reps.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  14.    #14  
    TopTongueBarry, I see that you work for AT&T. Do you not have any info?
    You know what, guys?

Instead of telling HP that you want HP phones on whichever carrier you want them on...

...how about you tell the carrier of your choice that you want a HP phone?
    ...that you like webOS and would prefer it to whatever that carrier has, and that you will leave the carrier to get it elsewhere if need be? (people never had qualms about pressurizing palm or HP in the same way, so why now?)

Just saying. Instead of whining about how sad it is that your carriers are slighting webOS because it's such an unviable platform, how about you actually let your carriers know that YOU WANT WEBOS PHONES.
    Preferably not on an obscure webOS internet forum. Maybe on the Sprint forum.

Do you guys think that posting "But will the Pre3 come to Sprint!?!?" one hundred times every day, under every frontpage article at PreCentral was very productive in bringing that damn Pre3 to Sprint?
    Do you think that posting "But will the Pre3 come to Sprint!?!?" one hundred times every day, in every thread of the Sprint customer forum would, perhaps, have been more productive?

Hey, just trying to give y'all some ideas.
    tasogare likes this.
    TopTongueBarry, I see that you work for AT&T. Do you not have any info?
    Nope, no info. I like my job too much and really need the paycheck that comes with it. However anything I could know doesn't amount to more than crumbs floating in the sea of speculation. Sorry .....
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Well, I didn't see this a few days ago but ran across it today after the sad news that HP is dropping development of WebOS mobile devices. I guess we'll never see the Pre 3 here in the U.S. I sent him an email today expressing my disappointment.
    Soorma likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks dude. I am so disappointed today, no words for it
    What's done is done, really. It's not like HP gives a flying **** about a community of users that doesn't represent squat in their revenue.

If anything, this is just how HP works, more so, how big companies work. If they don't see immediate returns, they'll just spin it off and cut the trim to please shareholders. That's what they care about at the end of the day.

It's the same lack of vision that HP skipped over the PC back when Wozniak showed them the Apple I. The execs just brushed him off to create what we use in front of us everyday.

But seriously, HP ****ed up big time this time round. They really announced all this prematurely. In their wording what they wanted to do is to get a few manufacturers on board to take over the burden of the hardware, but clearly they don't have any at this time. So they sent the message out as we're scrapping all this altogether. Do you seriously think any manufacturer will jump on board if this is their idea of a platform?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here