Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Question, purchasing from Expansys HK will obviosuly mean its a grey market import, would that have any effect on accessing the Apps Catalog as you will be utimately using a HK SIM to activate the device??
    Quote Originally Posted by robster View Post
    Funny you should mention Expansys HK, when i checked this morning the price was HK$4,165 and i just checked again prior to posting and the price is HK$3,225

HP Pre 3 webOS Smartphone (QWERTY, Black, 8GB) #FB437AA#ABU - Expansys Hong Kong (

It was there a little while, I saw it priced at HK$3225 then up to HK$4165 now it's "Sorry, this product no longer exists."
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Question, purchasing from Expansys HK will obviosuly mean its a grey market import, would that have any effect on accessing the Apps Catalog as you will be utimately using a HK SIM to activate the device??
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ng-needed.html
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    It was there a little while, I saw it priced at HK$3225 then up to HK$4165 now it's "Sorry, this product no longer exists."
    HP Pre 3 webOS Smartphone, Black (QWERTY, 8GB) #AP_209150 - Expansys Hong Kong (

But they can't confirm available date now.
  5.    #25  
    Thanks for the link .. please excuse my ignorance as I am not too familiar with the how the App catalogue works, the link you provide raises issues with paid apps, but i am sure there are free apps on the catalogue as well .. so just to rephrase my queston a little, if using a grey market import in Asia, will that prevent you from accessing the Apps Catalogue full stop??

Many thanks
    Thanks for the link .. please excuse my ignorance as I am not too familiar with the how the App catalogue works, the link you provide raises issues with paid apps, but i am sure there are free apps on the catalogue as well .. so just to rephrase my queston a little, if using a grey market import in Asia, will that prevent you from accessing the Apps Catalogue full stop??

Many thanks
    Activating the phone outside Paid-app supported countries gives you free app only.
    HK has now become an official launch region. So there's official catalogue access.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    No! Not for paid-app at least. While it got its own catalog, apps are now limited to free apps.
    Paid-app and payment methods are in the works and available in coming months.
    That's what HP said during the launch event.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    That company seems really dodgy mate - I was going to buy a Pre 2 from them so I emailed them to ask about what version was it, European or US. The price before the email was around 23,000 yen with limited availability but after they upped the price around 45,000 yen with 23 in stock...bullSh^T
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    That company seems really dodgy mate - I was going to buy a Pre 2 from them so I emailed them to ask about what version was it, European or US. The price before the email was around 23,000 yen with limited availability but after they upped the price around 45,000 yen with 23 in stock...bullSh^T
    I've only ever purchase something from them once .. when i got my Ericsson P900 a few years back and i conclude that their service was very quick and efficient .. i placed my order before 4pm local time and it arrived the next day ..
    No hope. HP will discontinue webOS devices.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by irisave View Post
    No hope. HP will discontinue webOS devices.
    This is a complete shambles, what a joke this has turned out to be
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12