Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So why not releasing on att? Its big, it got veer, why not pre3? I would love that.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Maybe AT&T said "let's see how your Veer does and then we'll decide".
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    myTouch 4G Slide
    $499 off contract.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You EUers have to forgive the Yanks here. They're used to seeing really low prices and don't understand "off contract" all the time
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    airotkiv and joyu12 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Summer is June, July, August, right?
    Summer lasts until 9:04 a.m. UTC on September 23. HP has well more than a month left and still make their projected release timeframe.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Summer lasts until 9:04 a.m. UTC on September 23. HP has well more than a month left and still make their projected release timeframe.
    I guess there is differences in astronomical and meteorilogical seasons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer

Lets see which date hp gonna meet, if they gonna meet it.
    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Oh, and next time you want to burn me, try using an original catchphrase rather than being a copycat and just plagiarizing the one I used. Haven't you heard that being first is important? Or was that "good artists copy, great artists steal"? Hmmm..,
    Maybe you could try "and that's how Sue 'C's it". Or how about "That's all folks"?
    Thank you in advance
    LOL! Ok, I'll start making my list and checking it twice ..... darn, there I go again. Now Santa is going to be ticked at me.

Nah, there isn't any big thing -- even if they do make it in Germany in the next couple of weeks, the only thing I have is that when they said "release in summer", and they were in San Francisco when they said it, I "expected" (sorry couldn't resist that one) that they meant U.S. launch (like they did for the Veer and the TouchPad).

What is your opinion as to why they are not releasing (or at least no announcement yet) the Pre 3 in the U.S. yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    In the Northern Hemisphere, in the Southern Hemisphere it's still Winter and the have an extra six months until March 21st, 2012 to still hit summer down there.
    elvispre likes this.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    You EUers have to forgive the Yanks here. They're used to seeing really low prices and don't understand "off contract" all the time

Hah - it's actually the same in the UK, reading tech forums like this, you'd think that everyone was buying their phones off-contract sim-free but the truth is that the vast majority of phones sold in the UK are on contract and subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    It's a phone for webOS fans only. It doesn't sit well with Enterprise, and it doesn't have great specs for people asking themselves why would I get this phone? HP better be getting their collective **** in gear and pump out a slab with STELLAR Hardware.

I would buy a Pre3 on Sprint, but I'm not going to another carrier for that phone. I can live with the TP without a TTS device.
    It has never been hardware problem we are facing, it is mostly software, the point is how optimized would an OS be on a certain device.. take for example, A galaxy S was not running Android smoothly, and compare that to a HP veer, the second is sporting an 800Mhz processor, and yet still outperforms the Galaxy with butter smooth performance even while multi-tasking, while on the Galaxy S, you could see the lags while even scrolling down in the Apps list...unless you are using a device for gaming, I would say a single core is enough for basic smart phone functions, even though it would be better if we had a dual core

Just my 2 cents
    airotkiv likes this.
    We will see how serious this Eurolaunch is. For now, there is more than 100EUR price difference between German and French Pre3 suggesting lack of coordination. Also, we will see how strong will be media campaigns in Europe. If HP skips any significant advertising across Europe, this launch will be just an effort to stay clean with "new device every two months" promise. Last time, HP hasn't successfully launched WebOS phone in Europe. This time also I don't see any significant European carrier interest for Pre3, making Pre3 somehow unwanted in Europe same as in US. Only good thing is listed price in Germany, which is giving Pre3 some chance to survive on market.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Sometimes I think absolutely NOTHING will convince the haters.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Sept. 18th oh and no later than the 23rd . just sayin.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have the sneaking suspicion the Pre 3, if it's released at all in the U.S., will not be until December.
    After reading this thread I went back to see what HP actually said:

"The HP Pre3 smartphone is scheduled to be available in the summer."
    - HP Pre3 Introduces the New Look of Business for the 24-hour Life

HP said "SCHEDULED TO BE" not "WILL BE."
    HP never said THIS summer.
    HP never said IN THE US.

I guess I heard what I wanted to hear:

"The HP Pre3 smartphone is scheduled to will be available in the US in the this summer."
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    After reading this thread I went back to see what HP actually said:

"The HP Pre3 smartphone is scheduled to be available in the summer."
    - HP Pre3 Introduces the New Look of Business for the 24-hour Life

HP said "SCHEDULED TO BE" not "WILL BE."
    HP never said IN THE US.

In my mind I changed that to be:

"The HP Pre3 smartphone is scheduled to will be available in the US in the this summer."
    Change scheduled to be, and will be, to should be out now!
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Change scheduled to be, and will be, to should be out now!
    To be, or not to be
    Hahaha at "this summer"

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I get you on the other two examples, but I believe it's 100% obvious that they didn't mean summer 2012. Can I show proof that they meant otherwise? No, but common sense tells me they meant THIS summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I get you on the other two examples, but I believe it's 100% obvious that they didn't mean summer 2012. Can I show proof that they meant otherwise? No, but common sense tells me they meant THIS summer.
    Americans often cannot imagine anything not being for the US. We can't even grasp the fact that people from South America are Americans too.

And if HP meant to say "this summer" that is what they would have said. If they meant to say "in the US" that is what they would have said. You know 10 lawyers proof read that release.

HP said: "The HP Pre3 smartphone is scheduled to be available in the summer."

If HP releases the Pre 3 in Brazil in December 2011, that would also be in the summer. Americans just can't fathom seasons being anything but what they are in the northern hemisphere.
    DrewT3 likes this.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    You may be right, but it's a semantic technicality. I think it's safe for most people to assume that if a tech company says "summer" they mean for the northern hemisphere. For a US based tech company to make an announcement to a US audience about a summer release, and then later say "Whoops, didn't you know, we meant summer in the southern hemisphere" would be incredibly and intentionally misleading.
    AlexanderJJJ and gc916 like this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast