Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By rot
  • 2 Post By Pillefuss
  • 2 Post By GodShapedHole
  • 3 Post By naranek
  • 1 Post By drewcam888
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

just wanted to tell you, that in Germany now also the Pre3 has received a big discount.

The price dropped from 399 Euro street-price to ~300 Euro without contract.
    This is -25% even weeks before its launch.

Seems, HP really wants to push webOS devices!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Or clear inventory before the Pre4 or whatever comes next...?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    What is the source for this?

It could be that the price originally listed was just speculation by the vendor, and has now been updated to reflect the price that HP is actually charging? Dunno, I'm just guessing.
    Have you got a direct link to the hp store where one can buy it? I can only find a "notify me"-page.
  5.    #5  
    I have access to the german whole-seller brightstar/techdata, where I can see the purchase-prices for the re-sellers.
    The old prices on the online shops were right, but now the purchase-price has been lowered by the 25%, so...they will adjust.

The first ones began adjusting their websites to the new price-range, as you can see here: HP Pre 3 8GB | Geizhals.at EU

At the moment, there is not yet an official HP store link to the Pre3, at least I don't know one.

Update:
    now there is a HP website, hehe...just in time:
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-germany...cted-1-2-weeks
    Titan078 likes this.
    If it is single core. I will buy it if the price not more then USD400. Because with USD400-425 I can get HTC EVO 3D with 1.2GHz dual core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Have you got a direct link to the hp store where one can buy it? I can only find a "notify me"-page.
    Pre3, DE, UMTS, QWERTZ, UNLOCKED-Deutsche Lokalisierung - HP Store Deutschland I just ordered mine! Cant wait to get it finnaly in my hands!
    FischOderAal and airotkiv like this.
    The Pre3 coming out two months after the TouchPad? Just like HP said from the beginning?? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

By the way: all previously-seen prices were mere retailer estimates, this one is the first real, official pricing info we see.
    How can the very first price to be called for a product be a "discount"? The mind boggles.

Even so, expect the price to drop to €200 when the slab phone comes in late October / early November. THAT will be a discount. This here is just a low initial price.
    Pillefuss and JED-WEB-OS like this.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Amazon.de lists the Pre 3 for 399 Euro but my guess is this will be adapted tp the HP price soon. More interesting is that they have a firm delivey date set to September 5.

Worth noting is that amazon.de have free delivery to the EU.

Finally I will soon be retiring my Pre-
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Amazon.de lists the Pre 3 for 399 Euro but my guess is this will be adapted tp the HP price soon. More interesting is that they have a firm delivey date set to September 5.
    To me, this seems to reflect that Amazon have known the rough availability time and a rough price class for a while, but that they haven't yet been able to update the product page to reflect the precise information that HP has now made available.
    I predict the price as well as the delivery date to be updated shortly.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    By the way: all previously-seen prices were mere retailer estimates, this one is the first real, official pricing info we see.
    How can the very first price to be called for a product be a "discount"? The mind boggles.
    Nope!

The Pre3 is in the ordering system since back in June at least. Including price. And the official end-customer-price was 449EUR for the 8GB version, while the re-sellers let alone their profit and lowered it to 399eur. With the new price, the end-customer-price is 349EUR and the re-sellers will be able to provide a price in the range of 300EUR.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    If it is single core. I will buy it if the price not more then USD400. Because with USD400-425 I can get HTC EVO 3D with 1.2GHz dual core.
    Um... out of all the features in a phone you're buying one strictly based on the CPU?! Are you serious? What are you going to do with it? Run Folding@home?
    diodo314, Vij and elvispre like this.
    Hot damn! 300 is a hot price! That's about what the Veer retailed less than one week ago! HP really must be trying to build a user base.
    $425 CAD... that's enticing, but not enough. Considering Rogers is selling the Optimus 3D is 474.99, HP can do better than that. There are WAY more choices still at $425.

If HP goes $399 no-contract, you got yourself a sale from me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    hurry to the USA please
    un_designer likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I have access to the german whole-seller brightstar/techdata, where I can see the purchase-prices for the re-sellers.
    The old prices on the online shops were right, but now the purchase-price has been lowered by the 25%, so...they will adjust.

The first ones began adjusting their websites to the new price-range, as you can see here: HP Pre 3 8GB | Geizhals.at EU

At the moment, there is not yet an official HP store link to the Pre3, at least I don't know one.

Update:
    now there is a HP website, hehe...just in time:
    HP Germany lists Pre3 for

Some of us placed an order for it almost one and a half months ago (on the UK site) now I'm wondering if they'll cut the price in the UK as well? It would be nice if they did...
    Hi,

I ordered a Pre3 yesterday from the German HP store and they confirmed deliverey for Aug 23rd...that's next week...well...we'll see.

Regards
    Umberto