Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes
    This forum was great for me when I got my palm pre on Sprint a year and a half ago. I loved the WebOS platform and learned how to "hack" it and make my own tweaks! I became a huge fan of the Pre and was hardcore like many of you to stick with the phone when the Pre3 was released. I GOT TIRED OF WAITING. As should many of you. I got the Nexus S 4g and it blows the Pre into the stone age. I've rooted it and can do things the Pre will likely never do. Seriously, move on. The Pre3 is already obsolete. And, sadly, this whole forum will likely be obsolete soon as well. HP is not going to keep pace with apple and android phones. Their touchpad.... meh. Let it go folks, move on, so many better products out there now. I love WebOS too, but it's not keeping up with the pack. Don't kill the messenger....
    kenhiraihnl and chalx like this.
    Thanks for the advice sir but personally i dont mind waiting for webOS...my pre- is still working well for me!

Just like with my car there are plenty of newer and better automobiles available out there but im not racing to the dealer to purchase them today or tomorrow...I guess im one of those satisfied with what i have type of people who dont care about what others have...its all about me and what i like...

Quote Originally Posted by PalmPapi View Post
    Seriously, move on. The Pre3 is already obsolete. And, sadly, this whole forum will likely be obsolete soon as well. HP is not going to keep pace with apple and android phones. Their touchpad.... meh. Let it go folks, move on, so many better products out there now. I love WebOS too, but it's not keeping up with the pack. Don't kill the messenger....
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPapi View Post
    This forum was great for me when I got my palm pre on Sprint a year and a half ago. I loved the WebOS platform and learned how to "hack" it and make my own tweaks! I became a huge fan of the Pre and was hardcore like many of you to stick with the phone when the Pre3 was released. I GOT TIRED OF WAITING. As should many of you. I got the Nexus S 4g and it blows the Pre into the stone age. I've rooted it and can do things the Pre will likely never do. Seriously, move on. The Pre3 is already obsolete. And, sadly, this whole forum will likely be obsolete soon as well. HP is not going to keep pace with apple and android phones. Their touchpad.... meh. Let it go folks, move on, so many better products out there now. I love WebOS too, but it's not keeping up with the pack. Don't kill the messenger....
    Oy... another spec-driven post about the Pre 3 being "obsolete".

Look, I'm glad you found a device that works well for you.

Really.

Truly.

Honestly.

But, to recommend others to leave their WebOS and move on because "it cant keep up with the pack" is way too subjective a recommendation to be taken seriously by any real WebOS enthusiast.

The REASON PC exists is that its members are WebOS enthusiasts - we like the OS system so much because it works the way we need it to, so that we can be less frustrated and more efficient.

So, we hold onto our devices and Preware them and overclock them so that the devices perform as well as the current "state of the art" contemporary devices, even if the WebOS device doesn't have the "latest and greatest" specs, because THAT's whats important to us: WebOS on a device that performs well.

The Pre 3 will NOT be the fastest, biggest screen, most feature packed smartphone available when it is released, but, it will be a HUGE improvement over and Pre+/- or Pixi, and that's the key - it will perform well, with many improvements and new specs that, on top of WebOS, will keep us quite happy and content.

And, one more thing.. if you really enjoyed using WebOS before, you just might find yourself coming back to a Pre 3 after a while, once you realize that all the "toy" specs on your new device have lost their initial appeal, and you miss the core functionality that WebOS provides at the User level.

Maybe.

I see posts like this all the time here on PC.

Last edited by LCGuy; 08/18/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If anyone needs to 'move on' its the members who keep trolling this board This is supposed to be an enthusiasts board.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    There it is friends, no more Pre 3. No more gadgets from HP.
    So now what? I've played around with the Android devices and found them dreadful. I won't buy anything Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    We wanted honesty and today we got it.

RedMist got one of the few Pre 3's that will ever see the light of day. The "Red Mist" is what you see after someone is shot to death.
    I'm just now tracking my pre3 being brought to me through DHL...

Maybe I should consider it a collertor's item
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    So now what? I've played around with the Android devices and found them dreadful. I won't buy anything Apple.
    Then drown in your own sorrow, or use a can and a string.

Seriously, get a grip...it's only a phone, not the cure for cancer.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Have you tried windows phone? I also hate android, though I do have an iPhone. I tried windows phone and really liked it, decided that would be my "back up" if webOS never gained any traction.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Its not about honesty, its about market situations. However I would like to ask Todd, Leo about their previous statements on being the next Apple. These are bunch of *****s. I wish
    Samsung gets it.
    Guys, this is still a Pre 3 forum. If you wish to discuss alternatives, please go to the Other Handhelds forum or visit one of our sister sites. Thanks.
    Wow my post was prophetic huh?
    @LCGuy: you're right it was possible I would have come back to pre but not now that it looks like WebOS will not be developed further. I disagree that my statement that pre is obsolete is subjective. Really? Go into any carriers store, look at the smartphones & you will find at least 3 or 4 Much better options than the pre in functionality and "toy specs." Again, I loved the platform & the phone, but HP clearly let it die.

Sent from my beloved Nexus S 4g on Sprint's speedy WiMax network.
    I bet pre3 already on stock but holded because of HP announcement. Soon or later, WebOS will die or not.. Pre3 will be sell to market with or without firesale price. And obsolete or not, I personally love to have one. And I'm 100% won't regret if I buy it, because after lots of Android device I played so far including brand new Samsung Infuse 4G & HTC Evo 3D, oh yes...and Sprint Nexus S too. I still prefer my tiny Veer, due synergy, multitask, solid browser which can't be found on any other OSes, especially Android phone which pretty on hardware but lack of multitask , synergy and mostly the browser.

To Android lovers here, before bad mouth about WebOS, please test your browser head to head with WebOS browser. I already test many website base flash or not, Android browser mostly displayed mobile version first not full version directly, more over some website such contain cctv video (flowplayer) can't be played on android browser, but not with my tiny Veer. Veer can display that web same with on my Chrome browser on PC and can play cctv video flowplayer flawlessly.

Oh yes.. one note for Samsung Super AMOLED screen that mostly used on Android phones, the screen looks great.. BUT... the color somewhat looks faked... especially green color which IMO.. not natural at all. I personally prefer standard LCD with IPS higher dpi like on iPhone 4. Far better.
    Last edited by The Bard; 08/22/2011 at 01:59 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234