Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Well, there is a specific Navit port for the Pre phones. It already runs on my Pre2. I do not know how Navit would run on the Pre3, but of it does not already run, hopefully it would be adopted to run on it. Quite a lot of Pre3 phones were manufactured and they are bound to end up in consumer hands somehow, so there should be enough demand soon to make it a worthwhile project.
    alonhzn likes this.
    Just FYI, I tried to install the NDrive Beta app on my Pre 3. It installed, but refused to load.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I feel sure that if someone helped/lent noradtux with a Pre 3 he would make it work! I cannot see 2.2 software being so much different from 2.1. I would install it but getting a Pre 3 to Australia is a slow task. Unfortunately there is no i686 build to test on the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Just FYI, I tried to install the NDrive Beta app on my Pre 3. It installed, but refused to load.
    Hi, I've got UK Ndrive on my Pre2. It's stopped working (self quits as soon as it gets a data connection on start) since the announcement by HP. That is unless I start it when the phone in flight mode. Suggest you try that.

I suspect that Ndrive have turned off their authentication servers post HP announcement.
    Must be a problem with your Pre2, my NDrive still works the same as before the announcement. :-)
    I drove outside of the UK for 10 days with data roaming set to off and it had no problem working.
    OK, I loaded Navit onto the Pre 3. It loads OK. Navit-Maps loaded the map and I've added the just type option as well. It doesn't seem to be picking up a GPS signal though. Atleast it isn't navigating to a destination. If anyone needs more information, please let me know.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Casion,

you should find a the file appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log on your usb drive. Please post it here.

HaPe
    Hi HaPe,

I will do it after work. I love the concept behind the Navit-Maps btw.
    Here you go HaPe. Hope it means more to you than it does to me.

p.s. sorry, I had to split the log into 5 files due to forum guidelines.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Here you go HaPe. Hope it means more to you than it does to me.

p.s. sorry, I had to split the log into 5 files due to forum guidelines.
    Hm, that is looking googd to me. No error that it fails to load the gps plugin.
    Can you check with the onbord map app in paralel that you have a gps lock.

HaPe
    Could it be something to do with the AGPS? The Bing map app seems to pick up my location straight away, as does a GPS app. Navit seems to not find a GPS location to Navigate from, and hence doesn't plot a route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spakler View Post
    Hi, I've got UK Ndrive on my Pre2. It's stopped working (self quits as soon as it gets a data connection on start) since the announcement by HP. That is unless I start it when the phone in flight mode. Suggest you try that.

I suspect that Ndrive have turned off their authentication servers post HP announcement.
    Very doubtful since PreCentral just gave away 20 copies of the application.
    Maybe increasing the loglevel could help to locate the problem. To change the loglevel for the GPS-code
    /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml needs to be edited (for example using Internalz Pro):
    Find the line
    Code:
    <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="0"/>
    and replace the 0 (minimal logging) with a 9 (maximum logging).

Then try again and post the resulting navit.log here (maybe compressed).
    After that the loglevel should be changed back to 0.
    Thanks noradtux, I'll try that.

Navit sent out an email to Beta testers regarding Pre 3 testing. I've responded and I'll keep you updated.
    Where can I can nDrive for my pre3? I want to pay for it but can't get it! A good GPS app is a major requirement for me... I get lost easy
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Where can I can nDrive for my pre3? I want to pay for it but can't get it! A good GPS app is a major requirement for me... I get lost easy
    Anyone? I really] need some good navigation software for my Pre3. Thanks.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Anyone? I really] need some good navigation software for my Pre3. Thanks.
    Ndrive doesn't work on pre3 yet.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    My UK Pre 3 is not getting a gps fix. Yet other applications are. I increased to log level to 9.
    <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="9"/>The navit log is here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    My UK Pre 3 is not getting a gps fix. Yet other applications are. I increased to log level to 9.
    <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="9"/>The navit log is here.
    Yes, that's already known and dealt with on http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...system-40.html .
    It seems HP broke GPS-access from PDK-apps, again!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast