Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dvigilante1
  1.    #1  
    I finally thought today would be the day I'd get rid of my almost 2 year old sprint pre. Radio shack is offering $99 for the Sprint Photon 4G. 8MP front/back cam and everything. Unfortunately it's running Android and I'm not a big fan of that. So I drove to the only Sprint store in LA that has live phones and decided to give it a test run before going to the Shack to pick up one. 5mins later I left disappointed. Not sure if it was the fact that the phone didn't live up to my expectations or that I was going back to my pre-. Photon was ok but its plastic feel was a real turnoff. And it wasn't as fast as most of the positive reviews make it out to be. I realize it was a demo but still.

So having said all that I'm back to webos. That is until a high end Windows Phone 7 arrives on Sprint (maybe Sept?). Unless of course the Pre3 shows up by some miracle first. The Sprint Arrive isn't there in terms of what i need. I'm looking for something that looks, feels and is as fast as the HTC HD7. Put webos on that form factor and I'm sold.
    Have you considered getting a Veer until the Pre3 comes out? Is the Veer even available without a contract where you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Have you considered getting a Veer until the Pre3 comes out? Is the Veer even available without a contract where you live?
    He said it already in his post. Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Can you only use phones on Sprint which are sold by Sprint?
    Living in Europe, I only know GSM.
    android does not do the simple things like webOS does. Once you get used to android it is tolerable. In order to give up webOS you do get a few things like killer hardware and voice to talk/email/text. The photon is really fast, light and fits great in the hand
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Have to agree with Stu. It may not be the best but you can live with Android. I have the Nexus S 4G on Sprint. I like the phone but it is not comparable to webOS software wise. The hardware is awesome.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Can you only use phones on Sprint which are sold by Sprint?
    Living in Europe, I only know GSM.

Comparison of mobile phone standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The availability of Subscriber Identity Modules allows users to switch networks and handsets at will, aside from a subsidy lock.
    So yes with CDMA you have to use the phone issued by your network, there is no SIM card to switch your carrier.
    30 days into being on Android with my EVO3d, I'm learning to sort of like it. Granted, It's more county than webos, the hardware is solid. I do restart my phone every morning to keep it running smoothly. It's only froze up a few times when I've been in areas with poor signal.

If the P3 comes to Sprint, I'd be willing to get it if the hardware is robust. Otherwise I think I'm going to wait for a slab. Less moving parts is better I think. The on screen keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    County should be clunky. Stupid auto correct. Lol
    Not to say, I don't miss webOS. But before you get your thoughts on Android, try a vanilla device before saying something about Android. Sprint has the Nexus S 4G, try that one out
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I wonder if someone can franken the Veer ????.

That would satisfy few desperate Pre - owners.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I wonder if someone can franken the Veer ????.

That would satisfy few desperate Pre - owners.
    Probably not possible, need to find a phone to match Veer's physical specs.
    Its looking more like DROID to me. I have been in several Sprint stores and they all have told me that HP/WEBOS is not anywhere in their future.

I called Verizon and ATT but the phone plans they have are very expensive in comparison.

For what I know if Sprint is the carrier forget about new WEBOS device any time soon.