Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sculchy1
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Look up the playbook and it's text forwarding from other bb phones....

Hurry up hp.
    The appearance of wp7's variation of 'multitasking' is kinda familiar too.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Look up the playbook and it's text forwarding from other bb phones....

Hurry up hp.

If you haven't noticed the entire Playbook is a direct rip off of WebOS (but not as nice or smooth). Makes me wonder why RIM didn't just buy Palm and call it a day. They could have marketed the phone with a dual-boot OS; Blackberry OS for work, WebOS for play. IIMHO it would have been awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    The appearance of wp7's variation of 'multitasking' is kinda familiar too.
    Microsoft has released Windows Phone and updated it to Mango before Palm/HP has managed to replace my Sprint Pre.

It's not a rip-off if you bring improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    before Palm/HP has managed to replace my Sprint Pre.
    Have some personal responsibility. If you wanted to, you could get a Pre 2 or Veer. HP is not responsible for your decision to stay with Sprint.

That said, I agree that announcing an idea and actually bringing that idea to market are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    Microsoft has released Windows Phone and updated it to Mango before Palm/HP has managed to replace my Sprint Pre.

It's not a rip-off if you bring improvement.
    Didn't say it was a ripoff, I love what MS is doing. More devs, more apps, more hardware, more manufacturers, more carriers, and sold around the world.
    Did you just call Mango's "multitasking" an improvement over webOS's?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    If you haven't noticed the entire Playbook is a direct rip off of WebOS (but not as nice or smooth). Makes me wonder why RIM didn't just buy Palm and call it a day. They could have marketed the phone with a dual-boot OS; Blackberry OS for work, WebOS for play. IIMHO it would have been awesome.

Oh actually TabletOS is quite smooth. When the Touchpad came out, that same week I bought the Playbook instead and that was a part of it. Add to that the PB actually has gestures in the bezel area, something that HP removed when they released the TP.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    A buddy here at work has a Playbook.... it's quite impressive I've never liked anything by RIM and they are hitting it right with the Playbook. If that's where their phones are headed.... not shabby.

My BestBuy experience with the TouchPad left me not too impressed... the UI wasn't nearly as smooth as the iPad2, Playbook, Xoom, or Galaxy Tab.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadepre View Post
    My BestBuy experience with the TouchPad left me not too impressed... the UI wasn't nearly as smooth as the iPad2, Playbook, Xoom, or Galaxy Tab.

I dont know what Playbook you used, but every one that I used had terrible smoothness on going in/out of card view- dismissing cards etc- it feels- like every other OS's "Multitasking" as "Tacked on" Only in WebOS does the multitasking work smoothly and feels natural.

At every best buy - the only tablets that work are iPad, Touchpad and playbook if they have one- all the android tablets never turn on for me...they are plugged in so I assume powered lol.

Useing the touchpad for a work laptop replacement I found the multitasking unmatched and very needed- beats audio is very nice and creates enjoyable sound from music / pandora etc while working etc etc.

Once the Touchpad gains doc editing from QuickOffice, gains a good standard windows RDP program it will be unmatched.
    As someone who owns both a Playbook and a Touchpad, I have to say the playbook is much smoother. I like the touchpad more overall for a variety of reasons, but in terms of OS performance QNX is just stellar. As for stealing the phone-to-tablet forwarding, it says something that RIM ripped off the idea but was able to deliver it first with a considerable lead :/
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    RIM had to do phone-to tablet forwarding, how else would you get email on your Playbook.
    markstuart likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    As someone who owns both a Playbook and a Touchpad, I have to say the playbook is much smoother. I like the touchpad more overall for a variety of reasons, but in terms of OS performance QNX is just stellar. As for stealing the phone-to-tablet forwarding, it says something that RIM ripped off the idea but was able to deliver it first with a considerable lead :/
    You've helped a lot of people by posting this superhyper. They no longer need to lie to themselves. The TouchPad isn't smooth, far from it, and it won't be until it utilises the GPU.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Shame the playbook *is* pretty much a washout.
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Shame the playbook *is* pretty much a washout.
    Are you on drugs ?? The PB has sold more than the TP and now with the Bold 9900-9930 coming out the TouchPad is a wrap without the Pre 3 to go with it.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    WebOS was the gateway that led me to the Playbook. I even considered replacing my Pixi - NOT! I would never run BBOS, but I don't' mind still using my Pixi + Playbook until RIM puts QNX on their phones. HP has time (for me at least) to step up and create a new business phone before QNX on Blackberry phones. If the Pixi breaks before then, I may have to try the XPRT.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Oh actually TabletOS is quite smooth. When the Touchpad came out, that same week I bought the Playbook instead and that was a part of it. Add to that the PB actually has gestures in the bezel area, something that HP removed when they released the TP.
    The gestures on the PB are ok but my experience with the software is terrible. It's lower than my touchpad, and nothing feels as good. The playbook feels like a poor mans webOS. It's just my humble opinion.
    I have an upgrade to spare on my plan. I was sure I was gonna get a Pre3, ALMOST got a Veer but ended up getting a Veer for $200 off contract to try out (which I sold, was too small for me).

Now, day by day I'm losing interest, actually I'm already at the point where I dont want it. I'm leaning more and more towards picking up a bold 9900.

1) I'm getting tired of using my iPhone4 and onscreen keyboards.
    2) Same with my Samsung captivate, kinda want to go to a physical keyboard.
    3) I have the Pre-Plus, keyboard is OK to say the least, doesn't hold a candle against a BB keybaord though.

Come on HP/PALM/WEBOS.......... don't you want more of my money?