Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/10/2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, seems like they want to go head to head with the iphone. Suicide ... If its selling for a penny on contract or 50 off, I'll jump on it. Otherwise I think I need to jump ship....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Premium1 likes this.
    I really hope it's untrue and it comes out this month.
    9/18/2012 ????
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm not really a fan of this rumor but at least it's hopeful for an actual release date. I have no interest in joining AT&T so for me it would stink a bit if this is a AT&T (timed or otherwise) exclusive.

As far as going head to head with the iPhone, the old Palm used to always claim they weren't in a competition with the iPhone specifically and the market was plenty big enough to support multiple devices. The whole you don't have to dominate the market just have a good footing in it. I never bought into the idea that they weren't in competition with the iPhone and had hoped HP's scale would give them bigger aspirations but it is what is it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Rumor]
    and that's all it is....
    i hope that this is true i'm tiered of sprints slow data speeds, and now that they have taken away my yearly premier upgrade i really see no benefit in staying.I can have the same coverage with att pay the same amount and have triple the data speeds that i have now.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    The point is it's coming out! September 18 baby!
    Well, rumor or not, it got me to pull the trigger on a stop-gap used Pre+ from eBay. Can't stand the self-touching screen anymore. Come on Pre3!
    So, I just took another look at the webOSRU article and it says the original release date was 9/4 which was pushed to 9/18. FWIW, both those dates are Sundays.

If I remember correctly, that's usually when ATT releases new phones. At least, I'm certain, that's the day of the week (Sunday) that the Pre+ was released on ATT. So, maybe that's just another small factor in support of the possible validity of the rumor.
    Last edited by circadia; 08/11/2011 at 12:00 PM.
    This is true the pre plus was released on may 16th which was a Sunday last year.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, seems like they want to go head to head with the iphone. Suicide ... If its selling for a penny on contract or 50 off, I'll jump on it. Otherwise I think I need to jump ship....
    Did they announce the iphone5 already?
    5 whole days to spare!
    it will be in september yes
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    So, I just took another look at the webOSRU article and it says the original release date was 9/4 which was pushed to 9/18. FWIW, both those dates are Sundays.

If I remember correctly, that's usually when ATT releases new phones. At least, I'm certain, that's the day of the week (Sunday) that the Pre+ was released on ATT. So, maybe that's just another small factor in support of the possible validity of the rumor.
    Veer was released on a Sunday this year.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    This isn't the first time they've gone head to head with the iPhone. If you remember the first Pre was released two days before the announcement of the 3GS. Not sure what they're thinking all the time...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Sounds pretty convincing, I cant believe that im such a webos sack rider that im willing to give up a great sprint plan just to have a pre 3. Lame!
    Darren.DC likes this.
    Palm Pre on Sprint was released on a saturday
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Sounds pretty convincing, I cant believe that im such a webos sack rider that im willing to give up a great sprint plan just to have a pre 3. Lame!
    I wouldn't say lame, more that you have been spoiled by how well WebOS operates, even on slower hardware. I just love the way WebOS works, and I just won't give that up just because there is better hardware out there. On the flip side, I would refuse to switch to Android or iOS or whatever if I could not use WebOS at this point, so I WOULD switch carriers if it came down to that.

My own advise, wait for both AT&T and Verizon to get the Pre 3, and then wait one month to see if there is any news about a new Sprint WebOS phone before you make any decisions. It may suck, but most didn't switch to Sprint for the original Palm Pre launch, so why should you switch right away if the Pre 3 doesn't launch on Sprint?
    What I'd like to know is will the P3 be BIGGER than the original! One of my biggest gripes with the phone is it's too darm small. I want it at least 1" taller & 1/2" to 3/4" wider. Ya know man sized? I am so sick of manufactures thinking everyone wants a little toy sized device. If it isn't then I see no reason to upgrade cause it's basically the same phone.

Hmmmm...? No sprint Pre 3? Well the old one still works so guess that will have to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast