Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yes the phone is bigger and slimmer and more tightly built. From early reports they show improvements in every area.

also consider that with the recent 10 hike with sprint. And Att adding unlimited min to any mobile like sprint, plans can actually be much cheaper on att now!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Well, rumor or not, it got me to pull the trigger on a stop-gap used Pre+ from eBay. Can't stand the self-touching screen anymore. Come on Pre3!
    you mean your pre+ suffers from phantom touch ill? mine already unusable because of nasty phantom touch and lots of dead touch sensor squares. Thank to Veer that can remedy my pain till now, even it have many bugs too.

Pre3 is my last hope , for me to loving WebOS. TouchPad is great... but I want to see 7" touchpad before decide to buy. But seeems it will not show up soon.
    I don't get it. Vzw announces they are getting the newest blackberries, yet still no announcement re the pre3, yay or nay
    I'm betting this is more then a rumor
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yes the phone is bigger and slimmer and more tightly built. From early reports they show improvements in every area.

also consider that with the recent 10 hike with sprint. And Att adding unlimited min to any mobile like sprint, plans can actually be much cheaper on att now!
    even with the $10 increase for sprint I'd still love to know how you're coming up with at&t being cheaper. I've been through all their plans and its an average of $20 more with at&t (apples to apples)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    even with the $10 increase for sprint I'd still love to know how you're coming up with at&t being cheaper. I've been through all their plans and its an average of $20 more with at&t (apples to apples)
    Alright so i went to both AT&T and Sprint. Clicked on the most expensive everything.. including device insurance.. and AT&T is 119.99 a month and Sprint is 117.99 a month. BUT Sprint has an activation fee, AT&T does not.. which is.. $36 So after adding it all up and taking away the difference.. AT&T is cheaper by... $34 Only because of the activation fee though.. but paying 2 dollars more isn't too bad..

AT&T IS cheaper for what i want it for.. In the plans i used for the example i choose the 4G 4gb w/tethering for 45 even though i only use 2GB for 25 so i woulda spend 20 bucks less.. Making Sprint more expensive.. So It depends what you want.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    i hope that this is true i'm tiered of sprints slow data speeds, and now that they have taken away my yearly premier upgrade i really see no benefit in staying.I can have the same coverage with att pay the same amount and have triple the data speeds that i have now.
    Yeah, switch to At&t and let us know how that works out for you. Hint: You'll pay about one-third more, be limited to 2 Gg and throttled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prebody View Post
    Yeah, switch to At&t and let us know how that works out for you. Hint: You'll pay about one-third more, be limited to 2 Gg and throttled.
    Does the 2G limitation apply to location with 4G coverage? My area is right by a tower.. So i should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prebody View Post
    Hmmm, wondering where you get your information from (limited to 2Gb and throttled .....). Plans are avaliable for purchase which allow higher amounts of usage without throttling.

Additionally, I believe the model being discussed in the previous few posts is 900/1900/2100 UTMS, not the official US, NA version of the device, but it will still be 3G faux 4G compatable on 1900MHz. Just don't go indoors and expect great reception while in the US.

TTB

P.S. don't be hating on AT&T. There's been a dramatic shift emphasizing customer needs internally called the "Customer rules"! No other carrier is looking after the customer these days, not even your beloved Sprint. Sprint customers are just beginning to see the free this and unlimited that offerings disappear. Sprint wants to maintain their recent profitability trends and who can blame them. They couldn't keep giving away the house forever!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/14/2011 at 07:42 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    thats the thing, you dont need to be apples to apples.. att gives u options on
    wat you need. i dont need 3k min or unlimited data and nav if i choose to i can buy a separete app but bing or google maps works well enough for my use.
    its just a personal thing. of course if u need unlimited everything then it maybe worth while for u to stick with sprint.

if u want, you can price out a pre3 plan buy going to the apple website and pricing out their iphone4 plans. and compared with verizon while your there too. choose what works for you.

im counting down the clock. with ATT im going to get hspa+ which is faster than wimax, yet does not have the battery issues that comes with the speed. and ill be able to recieve calls and texts while browsing at the same time, though its a small annoying, it does make a positive difference to me.

this is why i love competition and i pray the att and t mobile deal falls through.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Hmmm, wondering where you get your information from (limited to 2Gb and throttled .....). Plans are avaliable for purchase which allow higher amounts of usage without throttling.

Additionally, I believe the model being discussed in the previous few posts is 900/1900/2100 UTMS, not the official US, NA version of the device, but it will still be 3G faux 4G compatable on 1900MHz. Just don't go indoors and expect great reception while in the US.

TTB

P.S. don't be hating on AT&T. There's been a dramatic shift emphasizing customer needs internally called the "Customer rules"! No other carrier is looking after the customer these days, not even your beloved Sprint. Sprint customers are just beginning to see the free this and unlimited that offerings disappear. Sprint wants to maintain their receint profitability trends and who can blame them. They couldn't keep giving away the house forever!
    Huh? Sprint still offers unlimited data, they're the only ones. They're running a new ad campaign about it
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Huh? Sprint still offers unlimited data, they're the only ones. They're running a new ad campaign about it
    for the time being ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I hope the pre 3 drops soon, I need to get my TTS on haha
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I hope the pre 3 drops soon, I need to get my TTS on haha
    Check out neto for the mean time. Works awesome

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Well after comparing the old Pre (3.1" screen) and Pre3 (3.58" screen) it's still pretty small.

I was hoping for a 4" + screen but we'll see how well it is whenever it comes out. I'll still wait for those new Nokia Windows phone before upgrading though.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Listed available Sept. 5 on Amazon Germany http://www.amazon.de/Smartphone-Disp.../dp/B004YZF17Y
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12