Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    We are still in Summer 2011, So they do not care. They are on their schedule , we as consumers need to check our schedule for a new phone, yup its more than 2 years on the Pre -
    This. HP may still be in some arbitrary window, but that doesn’t really mean jack to a consumer that is looking to get a new device.

And not just for Pre- owners that are out of their 2 yr cycle. I only had a Pre+ for a little over a year. But I already had a new update available from VZW, and more importantly, HP had already made it completely clear that I shouldn’t expect any future updates to my current phone when it was already well behind on features that other phones of similar age already had.

Not to mention that HP was actively encouraging app developers to stop working in the “old” system (you know, the only one that worked for my now abandoned phone) and start supporting the new enyo system (that they weren’t making available to my 1 yr old phone.)

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    This is more like saying, "I will see you between 8 and 9", and at 8:45 you are waiting and waiting, and waiting. The Sprint users have had their original Pre devices since June of 2009, and many are really in need of an upgrade. How about when your cable service is out and you get the dreaded window between 8am and 5pm, and you can't do ANYTHING, no TV, no broadband connection. 3G service where you live is a fast 64kbps download because of overloaded cell phone towers. You can't go out, you are STUCK. Now, are you happy at 3pm after waiting all day, not knowing when the tech will be there to fix things? How do you feel at 4pm, with one hour left, not knowing what's going on and calling the company only gets you a confirmation that the tech will be there within the window?

If you knew that it would be between 3pm and 5pm in that last example, you wouldn't have been so annoyed at noon when you were stuck waiting at home, wanting to go out to get lunch, would you? Being stuck waiting with no information about what is going on is the problem, and HP isn't even trying to generate fresh hype to build the excitement back up for the Pre 3 launch.
    Actually it's more like your friend said he would be over "this evening". It is now 10 minutes before sundown and you are getting anxious. And you start asking yourself "when does evening end and night begin? Sundown? Midnight? Somewhere in between?

Summer could mean June 21st to September 21st. (in the Northern hemisphere), from the end of the school year to the beginning of the next, or simply the months of June, July, and August.

Regardless of your definition, HP could claim victory if they get it released in on geography on one carrier.

However that victory will be very, very shallow. Everyone else, expected a big splash and apparently all that will come is a drop in the bucket.
    gmlongo and JayhawkOne like this.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    So in the end, will there actually be anything tangible done by HP to "make it right" for current Pre owners? How about those that had to give up the wait and move on to an Android recently?

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    So in the end, will there actually be anything tangible done by HP to "make it right" for current Pre owners? How about those that had to give up the wait and move on to an Android recently?
    Let's not go there in this thread. There are several other threads to choose from on this topic already.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Let's not go there in this thread. There are several other threads to choose from on this topic already.
    Yeah, you're right. Sorry, it's always too easy to go there on most any topic lately.

<glances at leaked Nokia WP7 phones thinking they will beat Pre3 to market>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12