Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    well, they say that the HP Pre3 might not go to Verizon no one has any proven fact that the HP Pre3 is going to Verizon or Sprint. it is for at&t but the photo you all saw showing the Pre3 with Verizon Wireless could've been easly photoshoped. Anyways do you think the CDMA version Pre3 could go to Sprint.?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    well, they say that the HP Pre3 might not go to Verizon no one has any proven fact that the HP Pre3 is going to Verizon or Sprint. it is for at&t but the photo you all saw showing the Pre3 with Verizon Wireless could've been easly photoshoped. Anyways do you think the CDMA version Pre3 could go to Sprint.?
    I really doubt it. I don't really think a pre anything will go to sprint. I suspect a future rumored slab phone may, though. Perhaps 4g on this network they're deploying. We'll see. I'm not a slab phone consumer so I'm not really holding my breath.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Or they could have developed the phone and no cdma carrier wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Agreed. Damn you vzw
    I think verizon will carry it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    This theory gets my vote too.
    kenhiraihnl likes this.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Do any other examples exist of other phones that companies have made and are this far along in their development but all the carriers turn it down? I'm curious how often that happens, and if it's even possible to know it.
    For your information, China Mobile also uses CDMA 800/1900.

Previously a webOS 2.0 screenshot was spotted with China Mobile as the carrier before it was released.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Do any other examples exist of other phones that companies have made and are this far along in their development but all the carriers turn it down? I'm curious how often that happens, and if it's even possible to know it.
    Pretty much exactly what you’re asking about.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-merge-review

I’ll just point out that it too had a physical keyboard… …make of that what you will.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Pretty much exactly what you’re asking about.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-merge-review

I’ll just point out that it too had a physical keyboard… …make of that what you will.

-Suntan
    didn't that phone go out in sprint as the evo shift?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'm thinking HP just doesn't know when it can release the phone.

They may be waiting to finish development on webOS 2.2 so that Enyo apps can be used (and therefore many more apps that people want will be available i.e. MLB at Bat)
    If they're going to the trouble of making a CDMA phone I wish HP would put it out on regional carriers and not just "national" ones...
    VZW has treated the Pre brand with little more than disregard. I can see them passing on the Pre 3 and waiting for HP to come out with something very competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    didn't that phone go out in sprint as the evo shift?
    No. The EVO Shift was a different phone. Same manufacturer, but a completely different phone.

-Suntan
    Maybe the Pre3 can't pass verizon's carrier testing. The cdma pre3 is surely being tested by vzw (the pics of vzw pre3), but maybe software bugs are keeping it from passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    Maybe the Pre3 can't pass verizon's carrier testing. The cdma pre3 is surely being tested by vzw (the pics of vzw pre3), but maybe software bugs are keeping it from passing.
    GPS is probably working properly on it...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    Possibly, but the carrier testing phase is where you see all the "leaked" photos pooring out of the woodwork. Just look at all the leaked photos of the Droid Bionic popping up day after day now that it is out for carrier testing.

Droid Bionic battery life said to be better in latest tester leak | Android Central

And here's yet another pic of the upcoming Motorola Droid Bionic (suffice it to say it's deep in the throes of testing among average Joes at this point).
    -Suntan
    Possibly, but the carrier testing phase is where you see all the "leaked" photos pooring out of the woodwork. Just look at all the leaked photos of the Droid Bionic popping up day after day now that it is out for carrier testing.

Droid Bionic battery life said to be better in latest tester leak | Android Central

-Suntan
    there were leaked photos of the pre3 with vzw branding, but honestly you will get more photos of other phones that are creating buzz. There was only 1 or 2 photos of the motorola photon and frankly that phone is pretty good.
    me personally I think VZ will be carring the Pre 3, it was already odd they carried the Pre2 considering how poorly they pushed the Pre Plus over a year ago. I think VZ is at the point of having every OS available, running on updated hardware that it can carry, regardless if its doing good or bad. Which is what sprint used to do.
    No. The EVO Shift was a different phone. Same manufacturer, but a completely different phone.

-Suntan
    i just checked the specs and you're right...although besides the 0.2" larger screen on the merge, can't see much more difference. that's probably why i thought they were the same. htc likes to rebadge the same phone for different carriers.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast