• 1 Post By cgk
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Further to this, mobilefun had announced a August launch and I just got this back from them:

After posting the tweet we were told the date had been put back to September - so it currently starts at early September
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Further to this, mobilefun had announced a August launch and I just got this back from them:

After posting the tweet we were told the date had been put back to September - so it currently starts at early September

Sorry to hear this news. On the other hand, it could mean that now the U.S.A. Pre 3 release might occur before the European Pre 3 release!

Tee hee, clearly my glass is half full here in America instead of half empty this morning (with a cocktail or course!)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Actually, I was thinking this puts it more in-line with a worldwide release like HP originally wanted. Didn't the leaked road map have it coming out in September anyway?
    up till today, mobile fun UK had 9/8 (in us 8/9) as the release date, and now it's 1/9 (9/1 in US). Interesting....

Sim Free Palm Pre 3

Release Date: 01/09/2011.
    View Delivery Options and Pricing

NOT sure what it all means??????????
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Isn't it so much easier to type 1st.Sep to avoid confusion ?

I would be much happier if HP announces a firm date.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Isn't it so much easier to type 1st.Sep to avoid confusion ?

I would be much happier if HP announces a firm date.
    Some people enjoy creating confusion though.
    I would say a firm date would be sometime in September (worldwide). At the latest, October 1st (since in HP speak, end of the month can really mean the 1st of the next month). This would fit inline with the email sent to developers for app submission and the leaked roadmap that popped up a few weeks ago. Technically, HP still has until September 21st to stay within its February announcement time frame. All the talk of carriers not wanting it or HP just scrapping it are just silly. Worse case, AT&T is the only US carrier with Verizon coming on board at a later date. Forget about Sprint. The thing you guys need to be worried about is WHEN it does get released, is HP going to forget about it like they did with the Veer and Pre2. It still concerns me a little that HP hasn't put nearly the effort in supporting its phones that it has its baby (the Touchpad). I would be concerned with the Pre3 being the last phone we may see with webOS, not *when* its going to be released.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    I would say a firm date would be sometime in September (worldwide). At the latest, October 1st (since in HP speak, end of the month can really mean the 1st of the next month). This would fit inline with the email sent to developers for app submission and the leaked roadmap that popped up a few weeks ago. Technically, HP still has until September 21st to stay within its February announcement time frame. All the talk of carriers not wanting it or HP just scrapping it are just silly. Worse case, AT&T is the only US carrier with Verizon coming on board at a later date. Forget about Sprint. The thing you guys need to be worried about is WHEN it does get released, is HP going to forget about it like they did with the Veer and Pre2. It still concerns me a little that HP hasn't put nearly the effort in supporting its phones that it has its baby (the Touchpad). I would be concerned with the Pre3 being the last phone we may see with webOS, not *when* its going to be released.

October 1st would likely mean that it would be up against the iphone 5 and a massive push of ice-cream devices - it would struggle to get any coverage at all.
    Last edited by CGK; 08/09/2011 at 04:57 PM.
    first week of september tallys from what a cpw rep told me. he heard from an hp rep that the release date may slip to sept. good news is they have signage in for display soon so at least one major retailer in the uk will have the pre3
    check out the latest news from webosroundup. Pretty much says what I said above in that mid September for a worldwide release. Not that its 100% but it is as a solid source who also nailed the touchpad release date.
    This is consistent with all the rumours that the Japanese manufacturing situation is finally improving after the earthquake.

There are a number of smartphones, all using the Snapdragon that were due in April, May, June, that are now expected to come out in September, not just the Pre 3