Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By milominderbinde
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    With the wait of the Pre 3 many of us are assuming/hoping/wondering if it's b/c of a bump in the specs (i.e dual core processor). So I was wondering, would you guys be mad if we waited all this time and the specs were exactly the same as in feb? I have a Pre Minus (bought in 2009) and it's slowly starting to break down and I will be getting the pre 3 no matter what, even if I have to leave sprint. With that being said, there's a part of me that will be upset if the specs are not bumped up and not up to par with the other upcoming phones.
    Last edited by RPreH; 08/07/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    It all depends on the price, and if it is too high, I will wait for the price to come down before I buy it. $150 sounds fair for the specs, but if you have dual-core 1.2GHz phones with 1GB of RAM and 32GB storage that go for $200, and the Pre 3 at posted specs goes for $200, I don't think it makes sense to jump on the Pre 3 at launch without some significant incentives.
    I honestly believe it has to be a spec bump they've been working on, or another phone they've been finishing up to follow up on the preł before the end of this yr.
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    I honestly think it's just them trying to get the darn thing to work properly. I mean, look how messed up the Pre was when it released. I think they don't want to go down that path again but the fact that it's taking this long since the Feb. unvailing, if you will, to get this thing to market is giving me second and even third thoughts about whether I even want it anymore. If Dev's aren't going to support it and they all jump ship for Android and Apple there's not going to be much left for us. One of my favorite apps is iShelf and the dev said he doesn't think he's going to stick around because the webOS is becoming too fragmented. Not good....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If Dev's aren't going to support it and they all jump ship for Android and Apple there's not going to be much left for us.
    Aggh! Please don't say that!! :-P :-/

The "Android and Apple" pastures aren't that green, either. I got an iPhone 4 in January. Then in May I got fed up with it, gave it away, and got an Android phone, not because I liked Android, but because it seemed like the logical alternative. And of course, after using it for a while, I've found that I can't stand Android either. I'm waiting for the Pre3 as my only hope, pretty much. I've been checking this forum every day.

Part of me wants to just go for the pre2 right now, but if we *are* close to the pre3 then it would be silly to do that. I know I want to give WebOS a try, though. So WebOS had bloody well *better* survive as a platform...! It's currently looking (to me; YMMV) like the only sane alternative to two very ugly competitors.

I hope if someone at HP is reading this, that it'll give them a bit of hope that the world isn't *all* going fruity and robotic. :-) We need you!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamino View Post
    Aggh! Please don't say that!! :-P :-/

The "Android and Apple" pastures aren't that green, either. I got an iPhone 4 in January. Then in May I got fed up with it, gave it away, and got an Android phone, not because I liked Android, but because it seemed like the logical alternative. And of course, after using it for a while, I've found that I can't stand Android either. I'm waiting for the Pre3 as my only hope, pretty much. I've been checking this forum every day.

Part of me wants to just go for the pre2 right now, but if we *are* close to the pre3 then it would be silly to do that. I know I want to give WebOS a try, though. So WebOS had bloody well *better* survive as a platform...! It's currently looking (to me; YMMV) like the only sane alternative to two very ugly competitors.

I hope if someone at HP is reading this, that it'll give them a bit of hope that the world isn't *all* going fruity and robotic. :-) We need you!
    That's the part that really sucks is the dev's like webOS but because of the idiots running the company it's so much harder for them to make a living coding for a fragmented and seemingly non-existent platform. How many times have you gone into the app catalog and found anything usefull released in the past few months? I hacked my Pre- to 2.1 and there's pretty much NOTHING coming down the pipes anymore. This does not bode well for the Pre 3....I can't believe it's coming to this because I've been an AVID (and a bit rabid) supporter of this phone and webOS since launchday!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by RPreH View Post
    With the wait of the Pre 3 many of us are assuming/hoping/wondering if it's b/c of a bump in the specs (i.e dual core processor)...
    Since the Pre 3 was announced February 9th...
    HTC Thunderbolt from March is replaced by the HTC Vigor in October
    LG Revolution from May is replaced by the LG Revolution 2 in October
    • Droid X from August 2010 was replaced by the Droid X2 in May

5, 7, or 9 months is not a lead-time. It is a life-cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    ...It all depends on the price, and if it is too high, I will wait for the price to come down before I buy it...
    If you are already spending $2,000 for a typical 24 month contract, don't let another $100 keep you from getting the one you really want. This is something that you will use all day, every day for the next 730 days.

Don't miss out on the phone you want for 13 cents a day.
    eallan likes this.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

If you are already spending $2,000 for a typical 24 month contract, don't let another $100 keep you from getting the one you really want. This is something that you will use all day, every day for the next 730 days.

Don't miss out on the phone you want for 13 cents a day.

Sensible but most consumers don't operate like that - they consider the cost on the day rather than the TCO - which is short-sighted but just reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

5, 7, or 9 months is not a lead-time. It is a life-cycle.
    Yup.