Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    or whatever the next webOS phone is.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    Phone contracts are a different beast than what we saw with the TP, but I see what you mean. There were different deals for the veer too, iirc
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    May I borrow some of your will power? Not sure I will have enough. Love my Veer but want the larger screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    May I borrow some of your will power? Not sure I will have enough. Love my Veer but want the larger screen.

Willpower = contract
    11B1P and Vij like this.
    Never a bad idea to wait a while to see what is happening. If you can stand it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    between the price drops and the plastic cracking on the touch pad I can certainly see an advantage to letting others be the guinea pig before committing. Not sure I'll have the will power.

Heck I'm not even sure I have the will power to stick with the Pre minus until the Pre 3 launches in the US.
    HP does do coupons about 30 days after a product launches. It problaby will not be as good as the $200 off TouchPad at Staples?!
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Heck, I don't even have a choice. I won't be in my contract renewal window until Mar 2012. I'm expecting the 3 to have been out and some bugs fixed by then.
    Note to you: wait TWO months before buying ANY consumer electronic products - pay 25% less on average.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    haha agreed! Personally I'm hoping amazon does a crazy off contract price like it did 50 bux for the veer!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Willpower = contract
    Meh. Willpower = searching on Amazon for pricing errors. $50 Veer FTW!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Im prolly gonna early adopt the next 2 webOS phones... I got alot of pent up early adoption in me!
    FenrirWolf and PLinger like this.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Note to you: wait TWO months before buying ANY consumer electronic products - pay 25% less on average.
    Very sensible - my additional rules are:

1) Once you buy it never check the price of it again (it's always gone down)

2) Never buy the first generation of anything.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post

I know what you mean. I told myself I would wait on the touchpad. I made it all the way to 5pm on July 1. Got my pre on day 1 also.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    I wanna wait but don't think I will be able to stand it. Although I waited for a month with the TouchPad and made out like a bandit

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    or whatever the next webOS phone is.
    Yeah tell me about it. I feel like a big fool for preordering the touchpad..

At least I got credited for the discounted accessories, and got the $50 rebate.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    lol. "note to self" but then you post in a public forum.

Psst. We can all hear you. lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    WANDO RED likes this.
  18. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Willpower = Live in Canada :-(
    Titan078 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    lol. "note to self" but then you post in a public forum.

Psst. We can all hear you. lol.
    Damn this itches. I wonder who gave it to me. Probably that ***** who needed a ride to the gas station. Last time I do somebody a favor. (Eyes widen) Oh God, they must have heard me. OH GOD, I can hear me! (Begins frantically humming the Stars and Stripes Forever)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Titan078 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    That's usually what I do. I waited on the original Pre, and got it when it dropped to $149 on contract instead of paying $199. I also didn't have to deal with hardware problems. My original Pre lasted 18 months until I decided to convert it to a FrankenPre 2.

I also plan to wait a little longer before getting the TouchPad. Even though I missed this past weekend's sale, I'm sure when I buy it, it will be during another sale. As much as I'd like to purchase a gadget on launch day, I found having patience will save you some money. You also avoid dealing with the headaches/complaints early adopters deal with.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast