Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By YankBoy
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 5 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By quiestbml
  • 3 Post By GodShapedHole
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The tech information has been removed from HP's Website after accidentally changing/announcing the processor change in the phone from 1.4 GHZ to 1.2 GHz dual core. What do you guys think about this change?
    With the way HP is handling the process of getting the Pre 3 out the door, they're either idiots or geniuses.
    palm friend likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    The tech information has been removed from HP's Website after accidentally changing/announcing the processor change in the phone from 1.4 GHZ to 1.2 GHz dual core. What do you guys think about this change?
    If I remember correctly, the processor change mistake was on the UK site.
    Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If I remember correctly, the processor change mistake was on the UK site.
    I think Bev is correct here. It was a mistake on the UK site.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    My only thought is that you're almost a full month late on this.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...p-website.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    With the way HP is handling the process of getting the Pre 3 out the door, they're either idiots or geniuses.
    Genuises? Yeah right.They probably should be re-writing the books on marketing and specially product launches.

Personally, what I find to be really odd, is that on the Pre 3 page, in details, HP has not listed the most basic of specifications for a phone, the radio frequencies. One would think, that for a phone, this would be the first specification to be listed. I have searched high and low ever since the Pre 3 has been announced, but have failed in being able to confirm the specifications of the HSPA radios on the Pre 3.

Here is a link to the current Pre 3 page in the HP Euro store. -> HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Why would it mean anything? I thought they removed them a while back IIRC.

Oh oops. I mean, PRE 3 IS DEAD! DEATH TO WEBOS! FIRE & FLAMES UNITE

Also this is my 1,000th post. Like this post if you think that's cool. Or, don't like it if you're uncool.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

oh god just release the phone already.
    Release what phone?
    It's possible HP is updating the specs to match any tweaks/upgrades to the Pre3 hardware. I'm sure HP will re-publish the updated specs prior to official U.S. release next month.

HP does have the right to do this per their disclaimer, "The information contained herein is subject to change without notice."
    Last edited by fred1955; 08/05/2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: updated
    What may be happening is a behind-the-scenes overhaul of the Pre3. The hardware as originally announced may have been open for changes.

It's probably possible that HP could maneuver to have a revamped Pre3 pushed through the FCC as an update to the original tests, rather than a new file.

HP isn't stupid. They know they have tons of competition, I'm sure that they know what they're doing with this.
    TravisAntonio likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    What may be happening is a behind-the-scenes overhaul of the Pre3. The hardware as originally announced may have been open for changes.

It's probably possible that HP could maneuver to have a revamped Pre3 pushed through the FCC as an update to the original tests, rather than a new file.

HP isn't stupid. They know they have tons of competition, I'm sure that they know what they're doing with this.
    I agree with you.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post

This is what I suggested for a while, that HP may have delayed the launch of the Pre 3 due to software issues, but in many cases, you can get new and faster chips that are socket/pin compatible with the old chips and you are good to go. I feel that with the speed the industry is going, phones should have the CPU on their own board and allow for users or at least trained technicians to swap the CPU "board" in phones to allow for easy upgrades. This would also allow a single phone to be shipped with different processors at different price points so users can pick a faster or slower model, just like PCs.
    Only thing HP should be writing books on is how to botch a product launch.

Sadly, we'll be seeing the same PRE3 that was announced in Feb. HP just doesn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post

Sadly, we'll be seeing the same PRE3 that was announced in Feb. HP just doesn't get it.
    How do launch a product with NO carriers?
    Yeah, idiots or geniuses.

Back in February, people were screaming: "HP is going to kill webOS and switch to Android, the lack of news proves it, the world is going to end, I smell brimstone, there will never be a webOS again and HP isn't saying anything to the contrary."

Then HP came and showed us their plan of one device every two months, and the first three devices:

Veer which was supposed to come two months later, but only came three months later. Then the TouchPad came, two months later. Now the Pre3 should come in late August / early September.

And we're calling them idiots because they: told us what we wanted to hear when we were suspecting that HP was about to summarily kill webOS and people were saying they wanted to leave because webOS obviously had no future at all.
    because they: aren't throwing half-baked products onto the market.
    because they: are completey staying within their timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    How do launch a product with NO carriers?
    Just like all the other phones across the world. It's only in the US that the TVs are sold locked to a DTH/Cable provider. Oops.. I mean't phone locked to a service provider.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post

How do you know this? Please don't tell me it was a sales rep at sprint who told you.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new