Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Saw an article on BGR with a leaked Verizon document. link is Verizon roadmap shows Galaxy S II, 4G Curve, HTC Vigor, new 4G Galaxy Tab, more

It looks like there are several new Android devices, but this list doesn't have any information on the Pre 3

Considering this line-up document goes through November is this cause for alarm? This certainly doesn't help ease my mind that we will get a release on any carrier.
    Well thats listing everything starting in september. Hopefully that means the Pre 3 will be out before then.
    mike5, spudland and mehigh like this.
    Roadmaps are only general guidelines to what phones will be released on a carrier. They are not exact as there are always phones that get released that are not on the roadmap.

Think of it like GPS that doesn't have the backroads route. It's there even though the GPS doesn't know. It will be released on Verizon.
    Is the Pre 3 a 6-month AT&T exclusive like the Veer? Sprint is not included.

This is typical of past Verizon "Roadmap" and matches up with previous reports. Here are some links from Phone Dog:
    ----------------------------------------
    • Samsung Stratosphere: September 8th The Galaxy S II "Function" replaces retired Fascinate.
    Motorola DROID Bionic: September 8th. Moto CEO said the Bionic would be next month
    • BlackBerry Curve 9370: September 8th.
    Motorola Xoom 4G LTE: September 8th.
    • HTC Bliss: September 29th, this is that female-focused Android phone
    HTC Vigor: Coming October 5th. Reportedly packing a 1280x720, 1.5GHz, replaces ThunderBolt.
    • LG Revolution 2: Launching October 20th, we saw the VS920 get MAPped
    • Samsung Plato: Mysterious device that may be a smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy Tab P8: Coming in November, it's a 4G LTE tablet that could be Galaxy Tab 8.9.
    BlackBerry PlayBook: Launch date TBDTBDTBD. $Sounds$ $like$ $Verizon$ $could$ $still$ $be$ deciding
    ----------------------------------------
    Note:
    The Thunderbolt is being replaced by the 720p Vigor after 7 months.
    The LG Revolution is being replaced by the LG Revolution 2 after 5 months.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/08/2011 at 11:27 AM.
    I beginning to think that the pre 3 won't be in the US any time soon.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It was never promised in the U.S., just in coming months
    Dan
    Where's the iPhone 5/4G in that list then?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    While I understand that the road map isn't an absolute concrete source of released devices, but if it isn't even listed on the roadmap how would Verizon or any carrier be able to do proper training?

I hope the Pre 3 comes out to the U.S. soon and HP isn't just releasing this in the UK so they can say "we released it." If we don't get the Pre 3 then we better get something, my Pre- wont be around forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Where's the iPhone 5/4G in that list then?
    In the past year we have seen four Roadmaps from Verizon and the iPhone and iPad are never allowed to be listed with other products on anyone's internal roadmaps.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Pre 3 was promised in "summer" if I am correct. Which does give them till the end of september. But if they release it in the UK coming up soon as several articles cite they will, then they can in theory say the released it when they quoted.

This just stinks for U.S. consumers and obviously everyone else, unless you want to import it from UK unlocked and pay a premium fee. WHile this is an option it's not really what the loyal fans expect after waiting since February.
    Quote Originally Posted by romeytang View Post
    ...Considering this line-up document goes through November is this cause for alarm?...
    This goes out through January 2012 plus lists other device as TBDTBDTBD $when$ $exact$ $dates$ $are$ $not$ $known$.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    In the past year we have seen four Roadmaps from Verizon and the iPhone and iPad are never allowed to be listed with other products on anyone's internal roadmaps.
    Just pointing out, there could be devices that will be released that weren't include on these road maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by romeytang View Post
    While I understand that the road map isn't an absolute concrete source of released devices, but if it isn't even listed on the roadmap how would Verizon or any carrier be able to do proper training?

I hope the Pre 3 comes out to the U.S. soon and HP isn't just releasing this in the UK so they can say "we released it." If we don't get the Pre 3 then we better get something, my Pre- wont be around forever!
    Typically we hear about Verizon rep training about 4 weeks before launch.

Verizon does a press release on a 14-day lead if no product is being replaced. It is 7-10 days ahead for a product replacement to not cannibalize previous model sales.

None of our Verizon reps have been told of training so far. The AT&T training for the Veer was in April.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I just read back through every crazy statement Rubinstein and anyone else from HP has made about the Pre 3.

It seems to be true that HP has not said the Pre 3 is coming to the US. I never put much thought into that until now.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/04/2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Just pointing out, there could be devices that will be released that weren't include on these road maps.
    That is completely true. Roadmaps list the products that the carrier has in their field test list. (Apple admins their own field tests.)

I will be amazed if there is not at least one device that no one has ever heard of that will come out on Verizon by January.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    It seems to be true that HP has not said the Pre 3 is coming to the US. I never put much thought into that until now.
    Phone apps are lacking as such and combine that with not releasing a phone for years ???
    That will make the Pre 3 or any webOS phone obsolete. May be HP doesn't care about the phones anymore.
    I'm starting to think HP/Palm wants nothing to do with the US market.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Phone apps are lacking as such and combine that with not releasing a phone for years ???
    That will make the Pre 3 or any webOS phone obsolete. May be HP doesn't care about the phones anymore.
    Whoa, slow down there. HP has released two phones (Pre2 and Veer) since the merger one year ago. My math skills might not be very good, but that's seems like two phones in one year. Whether or not you like the phones is a different story, but you can't say they are not releasing phones.

As for not explicitly mentioning that the Pre 3 is coming to the US - why on earth would they hold their press conference in the US, seek FCC approval of two US-only Pre3 phones, and release pre-production models that run on AT&T and Verizon if they were not coming to the US?

Calm down. The phone will come. I'm as anxious as the next guy, but this is bordering on insanity.
    The Verizon store near me looked up the Pre3 for a release date and found nothing about it. They also didn't have any webOS products on display so that may say something about this store at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I beginning to think that the pre 3 won't be in the US any time soon.
    I cannot speak on behalf of the company, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will be seeing the Pre 3 on AT&T sooner rather than later. It was demo'd last week at the AT&T Emerging devices conference along with the Touchpad 4G. This event was open to the media and the general public.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    It looks more and more like there are no US carriers interested in the Pre 3.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast