Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 103
Like Tree25Likes
  1. #61  
    Why do people take these road maps as gospel? It doesn't show August. Doesn't show the iPhone 5. How about we just sit back and wait?
  2. Dr.Phil's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    And no iPhone either - looks like Apple may be abandoning iOS after all? Perhaps that's why they're skipping this year, in order to relaunch the iPhone with Android next year.

    It's hard to believe, but it must be so. I suppose the logical explanation is that no carrier, at least none in the US is interested in the iPhone - or we would've seen a leaked roadmap carry it by now. AT&T? Not a word. VZW? Not a word. Sprint? Not a word. Clerks don't count. Must be official.
    Seems like carriers don't want proprietary stuff like webOS or iOS and only want free and open stuff like Android (of which you see many phones in the Roadmap).

    Time for the iPeople to jump ship I suppose since their platform is doomed and has no future. iPhone 4 was outdated when it arrived and now to add insult to injury there won't ever be an iPhone 5 or we would've heard of something by now. June was iPhone month, but June came and went without any word. Looks like it's over.

    It's not in the roadmap = it's not gonna come anytime soon. UNDENIABLE PROOF. Plus, HP at least said that they WANT to release a Pre3. Apple? No word on iPhone5 at all. None. MORE undeniable proof. They're not even making an effort anymore. They seem to have completely given up on iOS.
    Are you joking? The iphone5 or iphone4S (whatever they call the next one) IS coming out this fall (september or october). In fact, it was sent to the carriers: Apple iPhone 5 sent to carriers for testing with production starting soon - Phone Arena. The fact that it is not on the roadmap for Verizon either means that AT&T has worked a deal with Apple to have exclusivity for a few months before the other carriers (as some news sites reported earlier this year) or because Apple has been keeping its lips sealed (as usual) as to when it will come out. I think Apple knows by now that roadmaps, especially from Verizon, seem to leak out to the public.

    Secondly, that roadmap was from SEPTEMBER on. Which means we don't know about if the Pre3 would be released this month. Also, another likely scenario as other people have pointed out is that it could be an AT&T exclusive product.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Phil View Post
    Are you joking? The iphone5 or iphone4S (whatever they call the next one) IS coming out this fall (september or october). In fact, it was sent to the carriers: Apple iPhone 5 sent to carriers for testing with production starting soon - Phone Arena. The fact that it is not on the roadmap for Verizon either means that AT&T has worked a deal with Apple to have exclusivity for a few months before the other carriers (as some news sites reported earlier this year) or because Apple has been keeping its lips sealed (as usual) as to when it will come out. I think Apple knows by now that roadmaps, especially from Verizon, seem to leak out to the public.

    Secondly, that roadmap was from SEPTEMBER on. Which means we don't know about if the Pre3 would be released this month. Also, another likely scenario as other people have pointed out is that it could be an AT&T exclusive product.
    Not so good detecting sarcasm?
    spudland likes this.
  4. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtravel View Post
    Not so good detecting sarcasm?
    what sarcasm? He was completely serious...
  5. #65  
    I was rummaging through the trash behind one of the local Verizon Wireless stores tonight looking for some cans to recycle and it just so happens that I picked up a crumpled piece of paper lying next to a candy bar wrapper that amazingly turned out to be Verizon's release roadmap April through August 2011 - Already amazed beyond belief at what I'd stumbled on, I decided to take out my trusty flashlight and take a closer look.

    Low and behold what do I see right smack in the middle of August, on the 15th, the Verizon HP Pre 3 World phone listed with an asterik and comment right next to it stating that any Verizon employee who leaks this date in advance will be subject to an immediate flogging followed by termination of his or her employment!

    How about them apples ......

    Better tell the world (unless you happen to work for Verizon, then you probably better keep your mouth shut)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  6. #66  
    You probably knew this was going to be asked but, do you have a photo of the piece of paper? I'll take your word for it but it'll make my butterflies in my stomach happy to see proof. That's pretty cool though. I hope i don't see people in dumpsters now.. Maybe they threw it out though cause it's outdated and they have updated since April? i hope not. Here's ta hoping *drinks*
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    You probably knew this was going to be asked but, do you have a photo of the piece of paper? I'll take your word for it but it'll make my butterflies in my stomach happy to see proof. That's pretty cool though. I hope i don't see people in dumpsters now.. Maybe they threw it out though cause it's outdated and they have updated since April? i hope not. Here's ta hoping *drinks*
    I did my best to make sure the post reaked of fiction .... if not garbage too ......


    gotta have some fun every now and then.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I did my best to make sure the post reaked of fiction .... if not garbage too ......


    gotta have some fun every now and then.
    Ha, Sorry i'm blonde. I mean where i live people do some crazy stuff.. So that was believable about the trash digging, as for the story, i think i want the Pre 3 out so bad, i'll believe just about anything. Anyway, i spoke with AT&T rep online a few moments ago. They said the phone is even in production for the US yet. If true, that sucks. I suggest you asking about it and posting your responses that's by far the craziest thing i've been told. It may be true but i mean hearing it from AT&T that a certain phone isn't even in production.. is weird, you'd likely hear it from HP.

    *ask about the Pre 3 availability, not the production part. I's wondering if they'll tell more people that on their own without us bringing it up.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    what sarcasm? He was completely serious...
    You really suck at detecting sarcasm.
    falconrap and HenryAlan like this.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    what sarcasm? He was completely serious...
    Yeah - not so good at detecting sarcasm then.

    Or... was that sarcasm? >_>
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I was rummaging through the trash behind one of the local Verizon Wireless stores tonight looking for some cans to recycle and it just so happens that I picked up a crumpled piece of paper lying next to a candy bar wrapper that amazingly turned out to be Verizon's release roadmap April through August 2011 - Already amazed beyond belief at what I'd stumbled on, I decided to take out my trusty flashlight and take a closer look.

    Low and behold what do I see right smack in the middle of August, on the 15th, the Verizon HP Pre 3 World phone listed with an asterik and comment right next to it stating that any Verizon employee who leaks this date in advance will be subject to an immediate flogging followed by termination of his or her employment!

    How about them apples ......

    Better tell the world (unless you happen to work for Verizon, then you probably better keep your mouth shut)
    Did you find many cans?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Why do people take these road maps as gospel? It doesn't show August. Doesn't show the iPhone 5. How about we just sit back and wait?
    Nah, it's more like doom and gloom drives traffic.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Ha, Sorry i'm blonde. I mean where i live people do some crazy stuff.. So that was believable about the trash digging, as for the story, i think i want the Pre 3 out so bad, i'll believe just about anything. Anyway, i spoke with AT&T rep online a few moments ago. They said the phone is even in production for the US yet. If true, that sucks. I suggest you asking about it and posting your responses that's by far the craziest thing i've been told. It may be true but i mean hearing it from AT&T that a certain phone isn't even in production.. is weird, you'd likely hear it from HP.

    *ask about the Pre 3 availability, not the production part. I's wondering if they'll tell more people that on their own without us bringing it up.
    Reps for any carrier don't know their head from a tree stump sticking up out of the ground in the desert. Sorry you were misinformed. Look around the web, there's already been unboxing videos.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Did you find many cans?
    yes, about a dozen empty Jolt cola cans!.

    now we know why Verizon reps always seem like they are bouncing off the walls, and I always thought it was because of their love of android phones!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    bevcraw likes this.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Reps for any carrier don't know their head from a tree stump sticking up out of the ground in the desert. Sorry you were misinformed. Look around the web, there's already been unboxing videos.
    Would be cool to see some Pre 3 unboxing videos. Haven't run across any myself.
  16. #76  
    Sorry. was looking for "verizon pre 3 unboxing" not just "pre 3 unboxing". Nevermind. LOL
  17. #77  
    I love WebOS, I "like" my pre 2. I just want some better hardware, whether its a Pre 3 or something more interesting. I'm so tempted to try WP7, but I know my luck. I will buy a trophy and they will announce the Pre 3, then I will have feelings of absolute regret. So I'm trying to be patient.... But patience was never my forte....
  18. #78  
    I can get a discount on my upgrade now, but can get a bigger discount in October. So really, I can wait fairly patiently until October. After that, if nothing is going on in webOS World... I will be getting ansty too.
  19. #79  
    I have been rethinking the lead story yesterday: Leaked Verizon roadmap shows release dates for devices; Pre3 curiously missing

    Why was PC four days late posting this? PC is who breaks Palm stories, not who is late. No one has Palm/HP contacts like PC.

    Look at how PC explained chance #1, chance #2, and #3, the reality.

    1. "...there is a chance that the Pre 3 release is being kept secret..."
    (Note: The roadmap is a secret internal document)

    2. "...There is also the chance, as we've reported before, that the Pre 3 will be released in this month of August..."
    (Note: We already saw the spring Verizon roadmap - no Pre 3)

    3...The third possible reality, which has been in the front of our thoughts since first seeing this document, is that the Pre 3 simply won't be released on Verizon's network.

    I think the story broke and PC needed time to hear back from sources who could not be quoted. Look at the frustration in the Comments when they could not tell the reason for the delay.

    There was another chance that was not mentioned. Verizon could have been getting the Veer, TouchPad 4G, and Pre 3 but not right away. But that is not a chance.

    Carriers announce only when they will carry a phone, often at the manufacturer's announcement such as the OG iPhone & AT&T, EVO 4G & Sprint, EVO 3D & Sprint, Thunderbolt & Verizon, Atrix & Verizon, etc.

    AT&T got the exclusive for the Veer. Amazon has a listing for the TouchPad 4G with AT&T and no other carrier. We have already found that Sprint is out and Sprint takes any phone from anyone (Echo, XPRT, etc.)
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/09/2011 at 11:38 PM.
  20. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #80  
    I sure hope this is wrong. That could spell the end of webOS for me.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions