Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    I would love to hear someone, anyone say that the Pre 3 is coming to the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I agreed with everything in your post except this. There is nothing stating one way or the other when the phone is likely to end up on Verizon. Look at the 4G TouchPad. It was only just announced that it was coming to AT&T. HP seems to be waiting until about a month, or less, before launch to announce the actual carriers. They are pretty much trying to imitate Apple to a certain degree.

At this point, I think people need to just relax...breathe a
    little...and wait for the announcements.
    I believe the carrier version of the touchpad was announced to be coming later in the year, a while back. Besides I think touchpad and pre3 devices are different kinds of devices for the carriers in that they don't need to test tablets for voice quality and call quality issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Hilarious, then you wrote 6 paragraphs about a "pointless discussion."

There's a screen shot that people suspect is every phone that will come out on Verizon this year and nothing from webOS is there. It's a perfectly valid discuss if the phone will be on Verizon? Just like it's valid to discuss for well over a year if any webOS phone will be on Sprint.
    You got me! I didn't review closely before posting it. Lost that first sentence so now it conveys the real point I was trying to make which is just because theres been no carrier announcement in the USA doesn't infer the Pre 3 is not coming here. There's a body of evidence supporting that it will.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You got me! I didn't review closely before posting it. Lost that first sentence so now it conveys the real point I was trying to make which is just because theres been no carrier announcement in the USA doesn't infer the Pre 3 is not coming here. There's a body of evidence supporting that it will.
    Just visited an AT&T store to inquire about the veer and the AT&T rep told me he "heard" a new HP phone was going to be released this month. He then went to the computer and looked something up and named another phone along with the pre3 as phones to expect this month with AT&T and told me to wait for a week or so..... Not sure if that means anything, but he seemed certain the pre3 was going to be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by a320kid View Post
    Just visited an AT&T store to inquire about the veer and the AT&T rep told me he "heard" a new HP phone was going to be released this month. He then went to the computer and looked something up and named another phone along with the pre3 as phones to expect this month with AT&T and told me to wait for a week or so..... Not sure if that means anything, but he seemed certain the pre3 was going to be out soon.
    I asked to talk to the manager at my local AT&T and they said they've never even heard of the phone, but if they were to lease it this month that it would be on the 15th. She said they release new phones the middle of every month. So She said if it's coming out soon and if it's not this month it's be next next around the 15th.

*EDIT*
    I just spoke with an AT&T rep and she said to ask again in 48 hours.. So i think i'll ask this Sunday sometime and i'll update on this thread when i speak with them again.
    Last edited by xBlackxBlood; 08/05/2011 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    I asked to talk to the manager at my local AT&T and they said they've never even heard of the phone, but if they were to lease it this month that it would be on the 15th. She said they release new phones the middle of every month. So She said if it's coming out soon and if it's not this month it's be next next around the 15th.

*EDIT*
    I just spoke with an AT&T rep and she said to ask again in 48 hours.. So i think i'll ask this Sunday sometime and i'll update on this thread when i speak with them again.
    Monday makes more sense. The retail stores usually don't get word on upcoming releases until a week before the release and sometimes less. Aug 15th is a Monday.
    Good luck I think you may be on to something here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hey thanks. The rep didnt know who I was so i'm sure anyone from here can call them and ask. Here's that I did. They're gonna ask you if they can assist you with something not important, right now, then you say 'Nah i'm alright but I was wondering about a phone. Do you have any info on when the HP Pre 3 will be available?' They say 'i'm sorry I have no info on future phones' that's when you ask if they can ask a manager or someone who may know, they say please hold so I can ask. You sit there for a couple minutes then they say 'Sir, I can't comment on that now please ask in a few days.' I asked 'how long' she said '48 hours.' Try it for yourself see if they tell you the same or if I was just lucky. But here's how i'm sorta seeing it... If they can't comment on it now but they might be able to in a matter of 2 to 3 days... Maybe something will be announced by then? I'm not sure but I hope so. Thanks for reading and i'm sorry for any typos... I'm typing on my Pixi.
    Just called ATT. I'm on the business care side. I didn't even have to ask before she put me on hold. But then she came back and had no idea what I was talking about and asked if I wanted to be transferred to the "HTC Department". What?

I did my best to inform her about webOS and how HP ("Hewlett-Packard") acquired Palm a year ago and how there was all kinds of devotees speculating when the Pre 3 would come to ATT. She put me on hold a second time (again, without me asking).

Why the hell am I so obsessed? I have my family's SUV coming off lease and have to get a new one. Think I'm doing car research? Hell no. I just keep browsing these forums for a hint. Everyone's right to say it's just a phone. But somehow it's more. Anyway, after the long hold, during which I typed the above, she comes back and:

Nothing. She had nothing.

I asked a few more questions and she basically said that they get no advance knowledge that a device is going to be released. She said that the day that they know about it is the day that we (as consumers) know about it.

I tried, folks.
    LCGuy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Just called ATT. I'm on the business care side. I didn't even have to ask before she put me on hold. But then she came back and had no idea what I was talking about and asked if I wanted to be transferred to the "HTC Department". What?

I did my best to inform her about webOS and how HP ("Hewlett-Packard") acquired Palm a year ago and how there was all kinds of devotees speculating when the Pre 3 would come to ATT. She put me on hold a second time (again, without me asking).

Why the hell am I so obsessed? I have my family's SUV coming off lease and have to get a new one. Think I'm doing car research? Hell no. I just keep browsing these forums for a hint. Everyone's right to say it's just a phone. But somehow it's more. Anyway, after the long hold, during which I typed the above, she comes back and:

Nothing. She had nothing.

I asked a few more questions and she basically said that they get no advance knowledge that a device is going to be released. She said that the day that they know about it is the day that we (as consumers) know about it.

I tried, folks.
    Dang, i'm sorry. I guess i got lucky. Did you ask for her to speak to the manager and all that? Anyway, i'll contact them again and see Monday night. Thanks for trying though.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

*EDIT*

Hey I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it kind of goes along with what information you are telling us. If you go to the wikipedia page for the Pre3:

HP Pre 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says August 15, 2011 for Verizon (which is weird) and then when you check the source it just goes to the article last month that it was going to come out in July. So my question is: Where is wikipedia or whoever posted this on wikipedia getting this information from?

So it may be true that the device is landing on August 15. I don't know, it seems more than coincidental that you said you talked with a rep that states around the 14th and then wiki to have the 15th. But then again, it is wikipedia.

EDIT: My bad I misread it, it says August 15th; 8 days time Verizon. Which I am guessing means it will launch on AT&T and then 8 days later Verizon.
    Dang, i'm sorry. I guess i got lucky. Did you ask for her to speak to the manager and all that? Anyway, i'll contact them again and see Monday night. Thanks for trying though.
    Good point. Since she put me on hold I think a third time, I may have mis-assumed that she was talking to a manager but, now that I think about it, I never explicitly asked she do so. Still, when she said they didn't get information ahead of time, she made it pretty blanket and it sounded like it meant anybody she had access to.

tick tock
    Interesting:
    Leaked Verizon Document Shows No Sign of Pre 3 | News |webOSroundup

#ThinkWebOS posted this on Twitter yesterday but I didn't see it picked up here.
    AzureViper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthesilent View Post
    Interesting:
    Leaked Verizon Document Shows No Sign of Pre 3 | News |webOSroundup

#ThinkWebOS posted this on Twitter yesterday but I didn't see it picked up here.
    As webosroundup is saying, it looks like the Pre 3 may be an AT&T exclusive. The Amazon leak today shows the TouchPad 4G as an AT&T product as well. The Veer is already an AT&T exclusive.

This thread started on 8/4/11 because of the 8/3/11 IGN article. Phone Dog gave more links:

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ----------------------------------------
    • Samsung Stratosphere: September 8th The Galaxy S II "Function" replaces retired Fascinate.
    Motorola DROID Bionic: September 8th. Moto CEO said the Bionic would be next month
    • BlackBerry Curve 9370: September 8th.
    Motorola Xoom 4G LTE: September 8th.
    • HTC Bliss: September 29th, this is that female-focused Android phone
    HTC Vigor: Coming October 5th. Reportedly packing a 1280x720, 1.5GHz, replaces ThunderBolt.
    • LG Revolution 2: Launching October 20th, we saw the VS920 get MAPped
    • Samsung Plato: Mysterious device that may be a smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy Tab P8: Coming in November, it's a 4G LTE tablet that could be Galaxy Tab 8.9.
    BlackBerry PlayBook: Launch date TBDTBDTBD. $Sounds$ $like$ $Verizon$ $could$ $still$ $be$ deciding
    ----------------------------------------
    Note that Apple products are never allowed to be listed or displayed with other products and so the September iPhone 5 is not included.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/08/2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    It looks more and more like there are no US carriers interested in the Pre 3.
    This is my opinion also.
    Is the thing called Manta Ray?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Maybe it's the C40!
    Please let it be a 4"+ Pre slab like this one:
    My Take On The First webOS Slab

And please let all the rumors of more AT&T exclusives not be true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Phil View Post
    Hey I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it kind of goes along with what information you are telling us. If you go to the wikipedia page for the Pre3:

HP Pre 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says August 15, 2011 for Verizon (which is weird) and then when you check the source it just goes to the article last month that it was going to come out in July. So my question is: Where is wikipedia or whoever posted this on wikipedia getting this information from?

So it may be true that the device is landing on August 15. I don't know, it seems more than coincidental that you said you talked with a rep that states around the 14th and then wiki to have the 15th. But then again, it is wikipedia.

EDIT: My bad I misread it, it says August 15th; 8 days time Verizon. Which I am guessing means it will launch on AT&T and then 8 days later Verizon.
    Yeah, you shouldn't believe Wikipedia over a topic like this.. I spoke with the AT&T people again they told me again to ask in a few days and that if you want more information that my best bet is too ask to speak to a manager at a local AT&T store. I'm not going anywhere because i can't drive. So If anyone does go up there and ask please post the responses. If you go up there though, mention that you spoke to a rep online and on the phone both stating to go to a local AT&T and ask. I get more out of them when i mention that my plans been up and i'm currently waiting for that phone to release. Then they may say, 'we have other phones that you may like' just stick to your story that you want that specific phone. If they say they have no information, ask when will be a good time to ask again... Good luck to everyone who attempts this. Post responses here, please.
    Even if VZW gets the Pre 3 I'm almost considering going to AT&T anyway. I'm annoyed at how slow they are at webOS updates, not to mention them making you launch vznav to make the GPS work right.
    And no iPhone either - looks like Apple may be abandoning iOS after all? Perhaps that's why they're skipping this year, in order to relaunch the iPhone with Android next year.

It's hard to believe, but it must be so. I suppose the logical explanation is that no carrier, at least none in the US is interested in the iPhone - or we would've seen a leaked roadmap carry it by now. AT&T? Not a word. VZW? Not a word. Sprint? Not a word. Clerks don't count. Must be official.
    Seems like carriers don't want proprietary stuff like webOS or iOS and only want free and open stuff like Android (of which you see many phones in the Roadmap).

Time for the iPeople to jump ship I suppose since their platform is doomed and has no future. iPhone 4 was outdated when it arrived and now to add insult to injury there won't ever be an iPhone 5 or we would've heard of something by now. June was iPhone month, but June came and went without any word. Looks like it's over.

It's not in the roadmap = it's not gonna come anytime soon. UNDENIABLE PROOF. Plus, HP at least said that they WANT to release a Pre3. Apple? No word on iPhone5 at all. None. MORE undeniable proof. They're not even making an effort anymore. They seem to have completely given up on iOS.
    FenrirWolf likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast