Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    It looks more and more like there are no US carriers interested in the Pre 3.
    Did you read the post directly above yours?
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Whoa, slow down there. HP has released two phones (Pre2 and Veer) since the merger one year ago. My math skills might not be very good, but that's seems like two phones in one year. Whether or not you like the phones is a different story, but you can't say they are not releasing phones.

As for not explicitly mentioning that the Pre 3 is coming to the US - why on earth would they hold their press conference in the US, seek FCC approval of two US-only Pre3 phones, and release pre-production models that run on AT&T and Verizon if they were not coming to the US?

Calm down. The phone will come. I'm as anxious as the next guy, but this is bordering on insanity.
    The Pre 2 was planned much before the acquisition.
    I would not give any credit to HP/Palm on these two phones.They just plain died in the market place. They could not compete with any phone on the market. The only people who are interested in Pre 2 are the folks who wants to do a FrankenPre on Sprint.

Forget about selling the phone to new customers, they have the risk of loosing existing Pre owners if they did not release it before Aug 2011. I know many in Sprint are jumping to Motorola XPRT or Evo.

May be its an Ultra Slow Marathon from HP, or Marathon redefined.
    Last edited by gbp; 08/04/2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The Pre 2 was planned much before the acquisition.
    I would not give any credit HP/Palm on these two phones.They just plain died in the market place. They could not compete with any phone on the market. The only people who are interested in Pre 2 are the folks who wants to do a FrankenPre on Sprint.
    Hyperbole much?
    Last edited by tasogare; 08/04/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    i can tell you for a fact that verizon will recieve the pre 3, its just a matter of when
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Where's the iPhone 5/4G in that list then?
    The iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4G has never been announced. at this point there is no actual proof such a phone or phones exist.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by bballkid590 View Post
    i can tell you for a fact that verizon will recieve the pre 3, its just a matter of when
    ...and you know this to be fact how??
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I cannot speak on behalf of the company, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will be seeing the Pre 3 on AT&T sooner rather than later. It was demo'd last week at the AT&T Emerging devices conference along with the Touchpad 4G. This event was open to the media and the general public.
    Thanks for the Info. I wish they put out a date for ATT. At this point giving a date is safe option. Especially on GSM Pre.
    i was under the impression AT&T had already confirmed they'd carry the pre 3. But has Verizon ever confirmed it? I guess i just assumed from all the talk on the boards that they had. But have they?
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Hyperbole much?
    Oh well,
    The current price of these phones on Verizon and ATT is practically $ 0.0. They have to give mobile hotspot to sell these. Oh wait a second may be they are clearing the stock for the Pre 3.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i was under the impression AT&T had already confirmed they'd carry the pre 3. But has Verizon ever confirmed it? I guess i just assumed from all the talk on the boards that they had. But have they?
    I have not seen any confirmation other than the FCC certification thing.
    Other than a leaked photo showing the Verizon carrier string and a front page article cited an unnamed source, I don't think so. There has been an assumption for a while that the world version shown in the FCC filings would be carried by Verizon.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4G has never been announced. at this point there is no actual proof such a phone or phones exist.
    For all we know, Apple could be pulling what HP is doing to us right now - maybe the iPhone 5 won't be out until December!!

That might give the Pre3 a fighting chance, although on Verizon it will be competing with some pretty heavy duty Android phones...
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Other than a leaked photo showing the Verizon carrier string and a front page article cited an unnamed source, I don't think so. There has been an assumption for a while that the world version shown in the FCC filings would be carried by Verizon.
    Oh Please, now that gives us hope that it could be either Sprint or Verizon . I agree , there was never a confirmation from HP or Verizon that Verizon will carry the Pre 3. It was expected, but not confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I have not seen any confirmation other than the FCC certification thing.
    is see.

Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    is that a verizion brand on the hardware plastic or is that when like the operating systems shows the network the phone is running on like in the software next to the time?

either way i guess it's suspected based on some evidence but not officially confirmed.
    I just spent an hour trying to find anything to prove you wrong...but I can't.

I can't find any statement by any US carrier that they are going to carry the Pre 3.

I can't find any statement by anyone at HP that the Pre 3 is coming to the US.

The FCC certification of GSM bands can be used in the US and as a reciprocal with a number of other countries that use GSM. I am still trying to find what it was but there was an Android earlier this year certified by the FCC for GSM that was never intended for the US.

I am still searching. Can anyone give us a link to any statements about the Pre 3 by US carriers? Can anyone find a statement by HP stating that the Pre 3 is in fact coming to the US.

I understand that the Think Beyond announcement was made a a hall near HP's corporate headquarters. Why didn't HP ever say that they Pre 3 would be coming to the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I just spent an hour trying to find anything to prove you wrong...but I can't.

I can't find any statement by any US carrier that they are going to carry the Pre 3.

I can't find any statement by anyone at HP that the Pre 3 is coming to the US.

The FCC certification of GSM bands can be used in the US and as a reciprocal with a number of other countries that use GSM. I am still trying to find what it was but there was an Android earlier this year certified by the FCC for GSM that was never intended for the US.

I am still searching. Can anyone give us a link to any statements about the Pre 3 by US carriers? Can anyone find a statement by HP stating that the Pre 3 is in fact coming to the US.

I understand that the Think Beyond announcement was made a a hall near HP's corporate headquarters. Why didn't HP ever say that they Pre 3 would be coming to the US?
    Just for the record i wasn't claiming to know anything or trying to prove that it wasn't coming to Verizon. I was only stating that i had assumed it was coming and was kinda asking if there was confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by jfailing View Post
    For all we know, Apple could be pulling what HP is doing to us right now - maybe the iPhone 5 won't be out until December!!

That might give the Pre3 a fighting chance, although on Verizon it will be competing with some pretty heavy duty Android phones...
    That is true. the an iphone may not be out until December. There is a distinction I'd draw though in that HP held a press conference in February and announced the phone so we know it exists. Derek Kessler has had one. It's on sale in Europe. We are not speculating about it's existence. With the iPhone hasn't had any press conference and nobody's actually seen one.
    So what if there has not been any official carrier announcement yet. That's common these days. To infer the lack of a carrier announcement to mean a device will not be made available in a certain country is backwards thinking. Outrageous and meant for those who only want to stir up trouble.

What do we know is more appropriate.
    AT&T Announced the TP 4G
    Pre 3 has shown up alongside the TP as at a carrier sponsored event promoting the release of new emerging devices.
    Pre 3 GSM has cleard FCC certification with 850 / 1900 / 2100 UTMS (AT&T uses 850/1900)
    Pictures with AT&T branding on a Pre 3 (even if only the Apps) abound, search P|C and the Internet.

Verizon, World Phone with Verizon and Sprint CDMA frequencies cleared FCC certification. Also has european GSM frequencies (as is found to be a standard on both Sprint and Verizon World Phones).
    Photo of a Pre 3 sporting real Verizon branding has made its way around the net.

These things alone are enough for a relatively sane person to assume the Pre 3 wil be released on at least two carriers, AT&T and either Verizon or Sprint at some point. Yes it is true, a Sprint executive was quoted as saying they wont get the Pre 3, but how many times do people say things and then the circumstances change forcing them back out of a statement.

What we really have is no official confirmation of anything, however a body of evidence supporting the Pre 3 will be released on AT&T and at least one of the two cdma carriers Verizon and Sprint in the USA.

It's all speculative but to infer the lack of an official announcement indicates the Pre 3 is not coming to the USA is just plain ridiculous.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/04/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    lets deal then with what facts or "near" facts we have.

the pre3 was announced by hp as coming this summer.
    it was declared by rubinstein to be undergoing "the certification" process way back in feb.
    the pre 3 has cleared the FCC for both Att and Vzw bands.
    it has been demoed on att exhibits as stated by toptonguebarry.
    we have a spec sheet clearly showing vzw's planned android and blackberry roadmap- conspicously missing are webOS devices, the iphone, and windows phone.
    hp has stopped talking about the pre3 in the public.

those are the facts. Base your thoughts and conclusions based on these.

my take on this- hp wants to release the Pre3 on Att and verizon...and vzw is taking its time certifying the device for whatever reason- most likely because the new iphone and android devices take priority for them, and/or there is some major flaw with the pre3 that vzw wants hp to fix.

either way, its probably safe to assume the pre3 is not coming to vzw before the end of the year.

sigh.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    either way, its probably safe to assume the pre3 is not coming to vzw before the end of the year.

sigh.
    I agreed with everything in your post except this. There is nothing stating one way or the other when the phone is likely to end up on Verizon. Look at the 4G TouchPad. It was only just announced that it was coming to AT&T. HP seems to be waiting until about a month, or less, before launch to announce the actual carriers. They are pretty much trying to imitate Apple to a certain degree.

At this point, I think people need to just relax...breathe a little...and wait for the announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    This discussion serves no purpose. So what if there has not been any official carrier announcement yet. That's common these days. To infer the lack of a carrier announcement to mean a device will not be made available in a certain country is backwards thinking. Outrageous and meant for those who only want to stir up trouble.

What do we know is more appropriate.
    AT&T Announced the TP 4G
    Pre 3 has shown up alongside the TP as at a carrier sponsored event promoting the release of new emerging devices.
    Pre 3 GSM has cleard FCC certification with 850 / 1900 / 2100 UTMS (AT&T uses 850/1900)
    Pictures with AT&T branding on a Pre 3 (even if only the Apps) abound, search P|C and the Internet.

Verizon, World Phone with Verizon and Sprint CDMA frequencies cleared FCC certification. Also has european GSM frequencies (as is found to be a standard on both Sprint and Verizon World Phones).
    Photo of a Pre 3 sporting real Verizon branding has made its way around the net.

These things alone are enough for a relatively sane person to assume the Pre 3 wil be released on at least two carriers, AT&T and either Verizon or Sprint at some point. Yes it is true, a Sprint executive was quoted as saying they wont get the Pre 3, but how many times do people say things and then the circumstances change forcing them back out of a statement.

What we really have is no official confirmation of anything, however a body of evidence supporting the Pre 3 will be released on AT&T and at least one of the two cdma carriers Verizon and Sprint in the USA.

It's all speculative but to infer the lack of an official announcement indicates the Pre 3 is not coming to the USA is just plain ridiculous.

Hilarious, then you wrote 6 paragraphs about a "pointless discussion."

There's a screen shot that people suspect is every phone that will come out on Verizon this year and nothing from webOS is there. It's a perfectly valid discuss if the phone will be on Verizon? Just like it's valid to discuss for well over a year if any webOS phone will be on Sprint.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast