webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Expected to ship in August
Expected to ship in August
Like Tree41Likes

Old 08/04/2011, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

HP's Pre 3 site finally changed it from "Mid-July" to "expected to ship in August".

The UK is very close. Hope it releases SOON for the US. At least on AT&T.

Just letting you guys all know.

*EDIT*
It's "Subject to confirmation"

ALL Countries listed on here are the same.
http://eurostore.palm.com/

Here's the product page.
http://eurostore.palm.com/epages/Sto...tegory=Pre%203

Last edited by xBlackxBlood; 08/04/2011 at 03:42 AM.
xBlackxBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fred1955 likes this.
Thanked by fred1955, TravisAntonio
Old 08/04/2011, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
HP's Pre 3 site finally changed it from "Mid-July" to "expected to ship in August".

The UK is very close. Hope it releases SOON for the US. At least on AT&T.

Just letting you guys all know.

*EDIT*
It's "Subject to confirmation"

ALL Countries listed on here are the same.
Select Your Language : Palm Store EMEA

Here's the product page.
HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
This is great news. Still no mention for the 16GB version. I truly hope both Pre3s get released on ALL major U.S. carriers. Thanks.
fmarcanojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

UK will get it first?
sloopjohnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just need it on Verizon.
jsgraphicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by wbdillworth and mechanicboy like this.
Old 08/04/2011, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I keep posting this, but I'll just post it some more!

Think Beyond: February
-three months-
Veer: May (US) / June (EU)
-two months-
TouchPad: early July (US / EU)
-two months-
Pre3: late August (US / EU)?

The word at the beginning of 2011 was: one device every two months. Considering that there was a major cataclysm in a major industrialized country that has delayed ALL deadlines in the technology business, one single delay of one month (VEER) is actually pretty good. and it looks like HP is on schedule now... meanwhile Apple's delay with the iPhone 5 is getting longer every day (but of course, nobody outside the webOS camp really cares about release dates. In fact, nobody WITHIN the webOS camp really cares about them, but the running-Android-and-posting-on-a-webOS-forum-every-day-to-tell-those-people-that-I-think-my-phone-is-definitely-better-than-theirs camp is absolutely, positively of the opinion that delays from HP are a crime against humanity and should be considered as such by everyone)

So if - and that is an if - the Pre3 actually makes it by the last week of August or the first week of September, HP is actually completely on track.

Of course, that won't keep a lot of people from saying that HP's track is wrong in the first place, that HP shouldn't release anything that's not a cookie-cutter iPhone slab copy because anything that isn't is just DOA, that HP should have released a quad-core 2GHz phone in early 2011 and that THAT was what the Pre3 should have been if it was supposed to have even the slightest chance at success, and stuff like that.... but even so, you can't hold HP to a timeline they never planned. The plan was: one device every two months, and that plan is EXTREMELY competitive if HP actually keeps on following it (and I reckon they will since unlike a lot of people here who are expecting HP to drop webOS like a hot potato, and who have been expecting that for over a year, HP knows that they're in a marathon and not a sprint).

Just because people have been calling the Pre3 "delayed". It's not, and it looks like it won't ever be. It'll come just when they said it would come - how's that for a change? And if you think whenever they said it would come is just too late and that's why it's delayed, because it "should" have come out sooner, yeah, you go on living life that way. Next time you catch a bus, be sure to yell at the driver for being late, and when he points to the timetable and tells you that he's actually right on time, tell him you've been waiting at the bus stop for five minutes and that you wanted to leave right then.
GodShapedHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Staedtler, timmy_o_tool, aerojb and 16 others like this.
Old 08/04/2011, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

^ You, sir, win the Rant of the Month award for Distinguished Hilarity.

I approve.
VCI_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

So HP is Gandalf then?

"A wizard is never late... Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." --Gandalf in Fellowship of the Ring
Thead is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by headgamer, Sanjay, PrinceAlbert and 3 others like this.
Old 08/04/2011, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

What webOS smartphone will be released (on any carrier) after the Pre3?
fmarcanojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thead View Post
So HP is Gandalf then?Ĥ

"A wizard is never late... Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." --Gandalf in Fellowship of the Ring
The difference, of course, being that Gandalf was supposed to be there on a certain date, and missed it - and that HP appear right on time to make the appointed time.

Or do you mean to say that HP by definition can never be on time because whenever they release something, somebody anonymous on the internet can always say "well I wanted it a bit earlier so HP is late!"
Old 08/04/2011, 03:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
What webOS smartphone will be released (on any carrier) after the Pre3?
HP hasn't announced anything. Doesn't mean there's nothing in the pipeline - I would just guess that would be on a need to know basis. Why tip your hand to the competition until stuff is close (with the exception of the Pre3 of course). I think we are all hoping for some good stuff to follow at a faster pace.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by fred1955 likes this.
Thanked By: fred1955
Old 08/04/2011, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

@GodShapedHole:

I agree that the timeframe they have been releasing devices is impressive, although not as impressive as the number of new androids phones every week ( In all due respect they are from original manufacturers). I think the main gripe is coming from Leo stating that they would not announce products and then not deliver within weeks. When he said that and then the Think Beyond event didn't give us any dates that is what started building the frustration.

There is no reason they can't say something. Example; I think it was at CES this past year we learned that their would be a 4G LTE Samsung Android phone. It didn't even have a name so surely it wasn't done with carrier testing, yet we still knew it was coming.

Whats frustrating as well, is that we don't have ANYTHING to go off of at this point. I for one would be perfectly happy if we were told that the Pre3 was coming in Spetember...at least then we would know. Being in limbo doesn't sit well with some people.
romeytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 03:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

What's making it frustrating for me is seeing so many android phones that were announced later than the Pre 3, but are already releasing before it. And we still don't even have a release date.
Thead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thead View Post
What's making it frustrating for me is seeing so many android phones that were announced later than the Pre 3, but are already releasing before it. And we still don't even have a release date.
This is exactly the problem. I would wait till December if I KNEW it was coming out in December, I could pick up some junk android until then.

Come on HP, GIVE US SOMETHING!
romeytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by howemi01 likes this.
Old 08/04/2011, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
gbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
The difference, of course, being that Gandalf was supposed to be there on a certain date, and missed it - and that HP appear right on time to make the appointed time.

Or do you mean to say that HP by definition can never be on time because whenever they release something, somebody anonymous on the internet can always say "well I wanted it a bit earlier so HP is late!"
The difference is moving away from dates to seasons.
Releasing in the Summer or moved to Fall... , we love that , so that we can discuss it here.
gbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 04:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbp View Post
The difference is moving away from dates to seasons.
Releasing in the Summer or moved to Fall... , we love that , so that we can discuss it here.
Other companies *cough* don't even bother with seasons, much less exact dates, and take nine months to change a phones color. And when they finally managed to change the color, their production tolerances aren't even good enough to ensure that the black phone is as thick as the white one. Nobody minds. Nobody says that's a problem. Why? Because that company is popular. It's apparently only a problem if a company is not popular. Fair enough. But then you can't go and say HP is unpopular because of their slow release cycles. That's bull. HP's release cycle is currently as fast as or faster than any other individual tech company's.

Sure, you get new Android phones every week, but those are from dozens of different manufacturers. Some phone-only companies like HTC release phones quicker, granted, but HP isn't just a phone company (and when they said they had no intention of becoming one, the haters had a field day of acting as though that meant that HP wasn't going to do phones at all anymore). HP releases other stuff as well.

And why do we need an exact date anyway if we're months away? I can understand wanting to know in mid-august if the new device will be out in september. But acting up because HP, back in February, didn't state an exact release date but simply a 'summer' deadline is just sad. Maybe they didn't know the exact date back then and didn't want to have to delay a release, so they kept it vague? Still better than just not saying anything (which, again, is working a-ok for Apple, where nobody complains about it. Apple needs more time? We'll give em more time! HP needs as much time as they said they would need? EPIC FAIL, TOO SLOW!)
Liked by LordSecksie likes this.
Old 08/04/2011, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
Other companies *cough* don't even bother with seasons, much less exact dates, and take nine months to change a phones color. And when they finally managed to change the color, their production tolerances aren't even good enough to ensure that the black phone is as thick as the white one. Nobody minds. Nobody says that's a problem. Why? Because that company is popular. It's apparently only a problem if a company is not popular. Fair enough. But then you can't go and say HP is unpopular because of their slow release cycles. That's bull. HP's release cycle is currently as fast as or faster than any other individual tech company's.

Sure, you get new Android phones every week, but those are from dozens of different manufacturers. Some phone-only companies like HTC release phones quicker, granted, but HP isn't just a phone company (and when they said they had no intention of becoming one, the haters had a field day of acting as though that meant that HP wasn't going to do phones at all anymore). HP releases other stuff as well.

And why do we need an exact date anyway if we're months away? I can understand wanting to know in mid-august if the new device will be out in september. But acting up because HP, back in February, didn't state an exact release date but simply a 'summer' deadline is just sad. Maybe they didn't know the exact date back then and didn't want to have to delay a release, so they kept it vague? Still better than just not saying anything (which, again, is working a-ok for Apple, where nobody complains about it. Apple needs more time? We'll give em more time! HP needs as much time as they said they would need? EPIC FAIL, TOO SLOW!)
The "other company" has several phones on the market that are wildly successful and were hugely innovative several years ago.

When HP changes (hell, even affects) the smartphone market, then maybe we can cut them some slack.
eallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2011, 12:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

new date August 9 in UK? Mobile Fun announces the release date and price of the SIM Free Palm Pre 3

EDIT: Sim Free eh? would that work with AT&T just curious? (for someone desparate to get on teh Pre3 and is a world traveler (not me))

Mobile Fun announces the release date and price of the SIM Free Palm Pre 3 | Latest press releases | PressGo | Journalism.co.uk
EasyPulse - free HR calculator
cyberprashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2011, 04:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan View Post
The "other company" has several phones on the market that are wildly successful and were hugely innovative several years ago.

When HP changes (hell, even affects) the smartphone market, then maybe we can cut them some slack.
Uh-huh? And it's not just *one* phone where they're also still selling last year's model although the new OS version runs terribly slow on that old phone? (something else that we're easily forgiving that company but can't forgive HP)

So, what was the iPhone's huge innovation, then? Not having 3G? Not being able to handle MMS in any way shape or form? Not being able to run any apps at all? Or the capacitive screen that they DID have, about half a year before everyone else? Huge innovation. What was the 3G's innovation? Being able to use 3G? The fact that Steve now accepted apps? The 3GS gave us a compass. That WAS great. The 4 gave us a hardware design where function followed form and which forces you to not only think but also hold different.

Or maybe we're forgiving Apple their sins and idiocies without even thinking about them and elevating their little real innovations to huge game-changing revolutions because we *like* them and they're *hip*, and maybe we're never happy with what HP does, regardless of what they're doing, because we *don't* like them and they're *square*? Could that be it?
Could that be why when HP gives us something that's UNLIKE apple, we're all complaining about why those shortbus HP people were so stupid to make something that's different from Apple because it'll just be DOA: you gotta do what's popular! ... while when HP gives us something that's LIKE apple, we're all complaining about why those shortbus HP people were so stupid to make something that's similar to Apple because it'll just be DOA: you gotta innovate and be yourself, not just a copycat!
Liked by treodoc755, LordSecksie, mechanicboy and 1 others like this.
Thanked by Bokal, naranek, tholap
Old 08/05/2011, 04:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

In mid june HP said it would be released mid-summer in the UK, I havent got a clue between what dates the UK summer period runs but perhaps someone else know. Once we got this figured out we can tell if its late or not.
Old 08/05/2011, 06:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

Does Palm actually run that online store?

I know for one thing HP Wireless Central is NOT run by HP

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0