Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Thats a bit of excuse making though. Apple made their first mobile phone in 2007.

Nokia, Palm, LG, etc. have been making devices for far longer.

You have got to start somewhere. Apple didn't start in 2007 with a huge cell phone business already established. HP is no stranger to IC and microchips.
    No excuse making- just the facts. The iPod and iTunes were around since 2001 before Apple decided to leverage the technology into the iPhone. Apple collaborated with Cingular for 30 MONTHS in the development of the iPhone. It isn't like Steve Jobs was in his garage working on an iPhone prototype then hit it big time as you insinuate. The ecosystem was already in place having gone through several cycles of improvement, with Cingular there to fill the gap for mobile telecommunications.

Being first to market with a technological innovation will yield high market share, regardless of how long competitors have been in business. That's not an excuse - that's MBA 101...
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I keep posting this, but I'll just post it some more!

Think Beyond: February
    -three months-
    Veer: May (US) / June (EU)
    -two months-
    TouchPad: early July (US / EU)
    -two months-
    Pre3: late August (US / EU)?

The word at the beginning of 2011 was: one device every two months.

No, the word at the beginning of 2011 was to hold your breaths because it was believed that other form factors would be announced. The wait a couple of months was not about just the Pre 3, Veer (both sliders) or Touchpad (people knew the PalmPad was coming), but it seemed that HP was shortsighted in getting rid of the Pixi line and not introducing something that is not a slider for phones(Pixi2 and maybe a slate).

People were upset because they announced 3 devices in February, with two of them having tentative dates on and after Summer. So to pacify the masses "every two months" was thrown out there as a way to get folks to believe more devices would be announced/released, not just the same three February announced devices.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quit your <<mod delete>>....if they release in EU in Aug. and US in Sept. then they're on time. I have a launch day Pre- and can't wait for an upgrade....and I WILL wait and not bash the company that holds all MY cards, as I am not a fan of Android (yes, I've tried it) or IOS (yes, I've tried it).
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/10/2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: language
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Looks like the Pre3 will ship sim-free this week in the UK.

HP Pre 3 Selling For 360 Sim Free | Simcards.co.uk
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    Looks like the Pre3 will ship sim-free this week in the UK.

HP Pre 3 Selling For 360 Sim Free | Simcards.co.uk
    All the major retailers are now saying September so someone has to be wrong - that article looks to be based on earlier reports of an august launch.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Quit your <<mod delete>>....if they release in EU in Aug. and US in Sept. then they're on time. I have a launch day Pre- and can't wait for an upgrade....and I WILL wait and not bash the company that holds all MY cards, as I am not a fan of Android (yes, I've tried it) or IOS (yes, I've tried it).
    I hope you're right and my <???> was misdirected?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    what?
    Dude is picking up a conversation that is at least a year old...

No telling what it means...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Dude is picking up a conversation that is at least a year old...

No telling what it means...
    It means it's been a long year for some of us and not so much for others...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    It means it's been a long year for some of us and not so much for others...
    It was a long year for me and had nothing to do with this site or webOS or HP.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123