Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is the Pre 3 already out? because on Wikipedia says this:

First released United Kingdom
    August 4, 2011; 0 days' time (SIM Unlocked)[2]

But nothing on the Official Web of UK, really I just want to know, because I made a decision and I'm going to buy a Touchpad instead of a Pre3
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Odd. The link is way old. I suspect its someone having fun with wiki.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Odd. The link is way old. I suspect its someone having fun with wiki.
    HP Pre 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    Is the Pre 3 already out? because on Wikipedia says this:

First released United Kingdom
    August 4, 2011; 0 days' time (SIM Unlocked)[2]

But nothing on the Official Web of UK, really I just want to know, because I made a decision and I'm going to buy a Touchpad instead of a Pre3
    I remember when I was in 9th grade, my teacher gave me a F for citing Wikipedia as a source...
    Vij likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I remember when I was in 9th grade, my teacher gave me a F for citing Wikipedia as a source...
    Haha, Well even if this is not true I don't care, I just made my way to the Touchpad :P, Just wanted to check if it was true...
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    Haha, Well even if this is not true I don't care, I just made my way to the Touchpad :P, Just wanted to check if it was true...
    Lol, I'm not saying its not right. It just reminded me of a rough two weeks in 9th grade. I got my phone and game taken away from me.
    If you read the article that's the source for that date, that article uses a placeholder store page as a source. That placeholder store page now is updated to say August 31. It's just the article about it, and the Wikipedia page, haven't been updated yet.
  8.    #8  
    Lol, I'm not saying its not right. It just reminded me of a rough two weeks in 9th grade. I got my phone and game taken away from me.
    Haha I got you already.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Yeah, don't believe that site.. i mean i added something on there the other day.. anyone can add anything. If it's not from HP it's not out. Guessing dates is fun.. i say the third week of Aug.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you read the article that's the source for that date, that article uses a placeholder store page as a source. That placeholder store page now is updated to say August 31. It's just the article about it, and the Wikipedia page, haven't been updated yet.
    Good one. That's why most of the Pages are not Real time like they say, and most of people trust on out-dated info. I prefer to hear an Official release from HP than be searching everyday and everyday and wasting time when you can be doing other thing.

Thanks Guys. [-;
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Yeah, don't believe that site.. i mean i added something on there the other day.. anyone can add anything. If it's not from HP it's not out. Guessing dates is fun.. i say the third week of Aug.
    Same as I said in my post of before. +1
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

wow..i feel old now
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I guess someone at wikipedia was reading this thread as it's gone.
    Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. I hate the blind dismissal some ignorant types show towards Wikipedia. We all know it could contain an inaccuracy, but its still a useful tool as part of full research. I bet a teacher like that would have given you less hassle for citing an outdated edition of encyclopedia Britannica from 1962. /rant
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Good Wikipedia pages cite their sources, so check those sources.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. I hate the blind dismissal some ignorant types show towards Wikipedia. We all know it could contain an inaccuracy, but its still a useful tool as part of full research. I bet a teacher like that would have given you less hassle for citing an outdated edition of encyclopedia Britannica from 1962. /rant
    Like Jimbo Wales?

Wales adamantly maintains that Wikipedia--or any encyclopedia--should never be more than a jumping-off point. Becoming a primary source of information is "just not the role of the encyclopedia in the research process. When I was in University I would have been marked down-- properly--if I had referenced the Encyclopedia Britannica."
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    When I was in 9th grade I had a Z-80 based TRS-80 running NewDOS with a floppy drive and a modem to connect to BBSes as there was no internet.

You whipper snapper.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    When I was in 9th grade I had a Z-80 based TRS-80 running NewDOS with a floppy drive and a modem to connect to BBSes as there was no internet.

You whipper snapper.
    180KB per side on those 5.25 inch floppies...I bet you used a hole punch to make it a flippable double sided floppy too. I didn't care for NewDOS back in those days, I stuck with TRS-DOS 1.3.
    Ah, the memories. But let's get back to the Pre 3. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Holy cow - I remember when I was in 9th grade, we didn't have Wikipedia. Heck, the internet wasn't even around. We had to use something called the Library along with encyclopedias and microfilm.

I can only imagine the trouble I would have gotten into with mobile phones and Facebook if those were around in the 80s. I was lucky to live through the time we had to memorize phone numbers, our Contacts List was a little black book and we had to actually track down where friends were hanging out instead of looking at "check-ins".

No - I didn't have to walk to school... through snow... uphill both ways. We had cars back in the 80s.

If the Wikipedia entry doesn't have a reference, it was probably somebody messing around and hoping. If you login to the site, you can see the edit history and discussion about updating the entry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast