Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dreadlion42
  1.    #1  
    If you could have only 1 webOS device, which would you choose?

I currently have a 1st gen iPad, a VZW Pre plus and a Droid 2. the Pre is running 2.1 and OC'd. The Droid 2 is rooted, OC'd, and running Gingerbread.

Like a lot of those here who switched to Android, I'm feeling a little dissatisfied but that's not the point. I'm eligible to upgrade in Jan. 02 and I'm open to all platforms with the exception of BB. My main concern about the Pre 3 is I'm already feeling underwhelmed by the hardware and it hasn't even been released yet.

That said, I love webOS and WebOS Internals, PreCentral and the community that has developed around them. So, all things being equal, if you could only choose one webOS device which would it be - Pre 3 or Touchpad?
    VZW Pre Plus 2.1.0 w/SR71 running at 1.2 Ghz; VZW Pix Plus Stock.
    Both!!!

I know you said if we can only choose one, but webOS devices are like Lay's potato chips. You can't have just one!

Pre 3 & TouchPad FTW!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Both!!!

I know you said if we can only choose one, but webOS devices are like Lay's potato chips. You can't have just one!

Pre 3 & TouchPad FTW!!!
    Actually, I'm totally open to that
    VZW Pre Plus 2.1.0 w/SR71 running at 1.2 Ghz; VZW Pix Plus Stock.
    SmartFah likes this.
    I would say:

wait a little bit and take with you all the upcoming savings so you can take both for the price of one.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    If forced to pick one or the other, my recommendation is for the Pre 3. That's assuming it will be available on your cellular provider.

My logic is this - You can continue using your iPad for what it can provide. The phone is more mobile (smaller and easier to keep with you everywhere), doesnt' require wifi for internet connectivity and is more of a required tool for me than a tablet. A tablet right now is more of a luxury, especially if you already have one.

You mentioned a concern about the Pre 3 hardware. If what you're looking for is a super-phone that makes you say "wow" when it's released, that's a valid concern. By the time it comes out, my feeling is it won't be the greatest thing on the market. Keep in mind that by the time January rolls around, it's unlikely neither the TPad or Pre 3 will be the best devices of their type on the market.

Hopefully the Pre 3 is a dependable and powerful tool though. I'm more interested in having a reliable mobile phone and not so interested in one that wears a cape & tights.
    Go with the Pre 3 for reasons mentioned above and don't concern yourself about the hardware. You’re going to over clock it anyway.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    by Jan I'm sure you will see deals on the pre3 for a penny on amazon. Maybe even more webOS devices too.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Easy, Pre3
    Let's see, bigger screen or able to make phone calls