Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello everyone, I am an European woman, current owner of a dying Treo 680 which I want to replace with a Pre3. I don't care that much about the apps, since in the six years I had my Treo I never used more than four of them which were necessary (an ebook reader, an sd card reader, a music player and a movie player) - of course games have come and gone.

The L-day is closer and I am more and more worried about the Pre3 storage space. Currently I use a 2 gigs sd card which is almost half empty - I have no movies with me, only mp3s and ebooks - but who knows, how much space the system utilities and apps will consume? Those I cannot store in any cloud. :-\

AND I see no 16 gigs advertisements nowadays! WebOS users, please, tell me I an unduly worried and 8 gigs will be sufficient! Thanks!
    It's sufficient for me... but I don't load my device with a ton of music or videos. I'm constantly rotating videos I want to watch on the device, and just put music on there I'll want for a while. But others like to be able to carry everything with them all the time. It will be up to what your preferences are
    Apps dont take up too much room. It will be your music and videos and pictures that will take up most of the storage. And if you dont have very much of that, you should be fine with 8 gigs. The Pre 3 however will come in two versions. An 8 Gig and a 16 Gig.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This is it, the apps I keep the music, but do not keep the used movies and books.

Exuse me if I am being stupid, but this /8/16 gigs are free for me to load, or shall I deduct the system place first?
    That is free USB space for you to use as you wish.