Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the Pre 3 is coming this month!

HP confirms UK Pre 3 release in August | ZDNet UK
    Pillefuss and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i hope its a worldwide release~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I really hope Germany will only be a few days off to the UK launch! I can't wait!
    Derek says on frontpage
    but surely the cost will be something reasonable given that the Pre3 is rapidly encroaching upon “old” status before it’s ever seen the light of day.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    This is great news for webOS aficianados. I just hope either Pre3 version is priced reasonably. So, hopefully $149-$169 (8GB) and $179-$199 (16GB) are the prices from our U.S. carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    This is great news for webOS aficianados. I just hope either Pre3 version is priced reasonably. So, hopefully $149-$169 (8GB) and $179-$199 (16GB) are the prices from our U.S. carriers.
    Actually tactically I would say one lower, 99 for 8GB and 149 for 16GB. Drop the Veer to 0 and offer it on prepaid to get as much people on webOS as possible.

In Canada we have the dual core higher end phones already at the 99 on contract price point. HP needs to pave way for Stingray.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Great thanks. The lower the prices, the greater the savings for me, and many of us.
    Be happy. Look this: Palm Brasil

For other side, I can buy here IPhone 4, Galaxy S2, IPad 2, Xoom, etc, etc, etc... but NOTHING with webOS...

Who have more to be sad?

Best Regards...
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/02/2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: removed quote from deleted post
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Don't forget the Veer has never been released in the UK, so its possible HP put an emphasis on getting the Pre3 out in Europe as a priority to get a WebOS phone 'out there'.
    jdevora likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Better yet would be if they skipped the 8GB version all together. Then resells don't artificially inflate the higher memory version.
    The memory doesn't really matter if you can add more. Someone on here mentioned that maybe the reason that there is so littl memory is because we'll get cloud storage? Also, I know everyone's whinning about the lack the HP Pre 3 in their hands so i'll try to keep this short. It's long over due, has been. Although this gives us hope, it's window shopping for something not even on sale yet. That only can last so long before something takes it's place. Bottom line... Even though i'm excited, it's not for me it's for the UK. I'm glad someone's getting it. Just wish it was me on AT&T. Also, I'm currently a Sprint user and I love it. I would Love to see it with the Sprint logo on the upper right hand but with all this talk and proof that HP Pre 3 aren't gonna happen, I might as well move from that belief and find another carrier. I was choosing between Verizon and AT&T. I've chose AT&T strictly because the price is similar/the same, in price, to get their '4G'. A group of friends of mine went up the a local AT&T shop and they all have Verizon, all were saying... 'my verizon droid 3 is gonna blow your Veer outta the water' shortly after we arrived we all pulled up the same site, after clearing their browser data, and ALL of the Verizon phone were no shorter then at least 10-15 seconds behind. They were quiet on the way home. Anyway, great to hear that it's coming out soon for someone. Sad it hear it's not the US. :/
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    The memory doesn't really matter if you can add more. Someone on here mentioned that maybe the reason that there is so littl memory is because we'll get cloud storage? Also, I know everyone's whinning about the lack the HP Pre 3 in their hands so i'll try to keep this short. It's long over due, has been. Although this gives us hope, it's window shopping for something not even on sale yet. That only can last so long before something takes it's place. Bottom line... Even though i'm excited, it's not for me it's for the UK. I'm glad someone's getting it. Just wish it was me on AT&T. Also, I'm currently a Sprint user and I love it. I would Love to see it with the Sprint logo on the upper right hand but with all this talk and proof that HP Pre 3 aren't gonna happen, I might as well move from that belief and find another carrier. I was choosing between Verizon and AT&T. I've chose AT&T strictly because the price is similar/the same, in price, to get their '4G'. A group of friends of mine went up the a local AT&T shop and they all have Verizon, all were saying... 'my verizon droid 3 is gonna blow your Veer outta the water' shortly after we arrived we all pulled up the same site, after clearing their browser data, and ALL of the Verizon phone were no shorter then at least 10-15 seconds behind. They were quiet on the way home. Anyway, great to hear that it's coming out soon for someone. Sad it hear it's not the US. :/
    And cloud storage doesn't matter when all the greedy carriers put stupid caps in place.
    Hi guys,

Long time reader of the forum and first time post.
    I just popped into my local Carphone Warehouse (Ely, cambridgeshire) and they have the Pre 3 on show. I asked the rep about pricing as there wasn't any on the display. No sim free model available yet, the networks on contract were, Vodafone, Tmobile and Orange, which was unfortunate as I am on O2.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know as to check out your local CPW to see if they have them in too, even it's just to actually see the device.
    On that note, the device feels and looks great. The keyboard is larger than I thought it would be (coming from a Pre +) and the build quality is very good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    Hi guys,

Long time reader of the forum and first time post.
    I just popped into my local Carphone Warehouse (Ely, cambridgeshire) and they have the Pre 3 on show. I asked the rep about pricing as there wasn't any on the display. No sim free model available yet, the networks on contract were, Vodafone, Tmobile and Orange, which was unfortunate as I am on O2.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know as to check out your local CPW to see if they have them in too, even it's just to actually see the device.
    On that note, the device feels and looks great. The keyboard is larger than I thought it would be (coming from a Pre +) and the build quality is very good.

Thanks
    Can anyone else verify this
    If no one else verifies this by tomorrow, I will go back into the store and take a photo of it.
    LevSer and EN4CER69 like this.
    Didn't have one in the Farnborough one earlier today (the guy gave me a blank look when I asked).

Too lake to check the Chiswick one, I might get a chance tomorrow. I might still make it for the west london best buy though.

Good News! Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    If no one else verifies this by tomorrow, I will go back into the store and take a photo of it.
    please send a photo
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    No Pre3 in Swansea City centre
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    The West London BestBuy didn't have anything last night, although they did admit they'd had lots of stock been sent back or not arrived because of the riots.

I suspect the stuff arrives when it arrives (and theres no official date for putting up signage and holding demo phones).

Will check the Chiswick CPW today if I get the chance. Glad they're releasing demos early- I want to have a poke at it before I buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    The West London BestBuy didn't have anything last night, although they did admit they'd had lots of stock been sent back or not arrived because of the riots.

I suspect the stuff arrives when it arrives (and theres no official date for putting up signage and holding demo phones).

Will check the Chiswick CPW today if I get the chance. Glad they're releasing demos early- I want to have a poke at it before I buy one.

Good work, please keep us updated
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast