Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    If no one else verifies this by tomorrow, I will go back into the store and take a photo of it.
    Go on then, I'll bite. Where's the photo?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    Good work, please keep us updated
    No joy in Chiswick CPW, unfortunately. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer as demos trickle through into the various branches
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Go on then, I'll bite. Where's the photo?
    +1

...If they let you! And wiggle it a lot while open to see if theres what the likelihood of 'oreo failure mechanism'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    +1

...If they let you! And wiggle it a lot while open to see if theres what the likelihood of 'oreo failure mechanism'.
    Oreos are not that popular/known in the UK. Call it Jammy Dodger failure mechanism and you will be closer
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I checked with the Liverpool Best Buy - their response was "huh?"

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I checked with the Liverpool Best Buy - their response was "huh?"

:-)
    Hehe. Aside from one guy a talked to in BestBuy several weeks ago, that response is pretty much universal. It makes you think that new phones and signage just turn up in a box one day, and they're just like 'oo. whats this? Dunno, lets just put it up on a free stand somewhere and hope no one asks about it'.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Those places pay minimum wage, you can't really expect the staff to care either way (unless they are on commission for a particular product).
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Oreos are not that popular/known in the UK. Call it Jammy Dodger failure mechanism and you will be closer
    Surely a custard cream would be better
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I was in local CPWs in Harrow (they have 3 stores here)

1 of them keep telling me to buy Android phones & the other 2 have nothing in stock but said they have been told stock will be arriving soon. However, they could not locate the exact date. They said they sometimes dont know what/when will arrive until the day. Weird I know but just to confirm nothing in my local stores here.
    Hey guys,

Here is the photo of the HP Pre in CPW
    I also did a quick 'but classic shaky' video, but not sure if you can upload video here?

Thanks,
    G
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Titan078 likes this.
    Nice I am jealous I can't wait for the pre 3 to be available in the U.S.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Wow, 30 a month? It's too much - you can get the Galaxy S II for 27 a month. This needs to be in the 21-24 a month range.
    Wow, 30 a month? It's too much - you can get the Galaxy S II for 27 a month. This needs to be in the 21-24 a month range.
    eh? sounds about what you'd expect to me... anyway who sells a 27ppm contract?
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    eh? sounds about what you'd expect to me... anyway who sells a 27ppm contract?

They all do once you get into conversation with them rather than accepting the ticket prices, that's the sucker price - next time you are up for changing your contract, check out moneysavingexpert mobile forum and see the sorts of deals that are available. I don't actually buy subbed phones so my contracts are a little different but I pay 6 a month for 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb of data.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I also did a quick 'but classic shaky' video, but not sure if you can upload video here?

Thanks,
    G
    Good stuff. Ely is too far away from me and I just brave enough to place an order without seeing one in the flesh. Guess I need to call a few more local CPWs to see if they have some in stock.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Good stuff. Ely is too far away from me and I just brave enough to place an order without seeing one in the flesh. Guess I need to call a few more local CPWs to see if they have some in stock.
    Bear in mind, you have *more* legal protection if you buy it online than if you buy it in the store. So if you get a Pre3 from an online retailer, you have seven days to send it back for any reason.
    They all do once you get into conversation with them rather than accepting the ticket prices, that's the sucker price - next time you are up for changing your contract, check out moneysavingexpert mobile forum and see the sorts of deals that are available. I don't actually buy subbed phones so my contracts are a little different but I pay 6 a month for 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb of data.
    You WHAT NOW?

How did you end up with that? I'm sticker price sim only:
    O2, 1month
    300mins
    ~texts
    500gb
    ~22pm
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    G
    Did they have any live units in the store? That looks to be a dummy 12:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Same here. Sorely tempted to just take the plunge but:

-Haven't poked one- will the k/b be okay?, etc.
    -No prod reviews- are there major bugs, consistent hardware failures?
    -16/8gb question
    -any price reductions (like Touchpad)?
    -any deals to be had with touchstones/ touchpad multibuys?
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You WHAT NOW?

How did you end up with that? I'm sticker price sim only:
    O2, 1month
    300mins
    ~texts
    500gb
    ~22pm
    Wow - that's a lot! I simply did Three's 10 a month sim only contract but make sure I did the deal via topcashback and got 80 cashback on top. This is getting a bit off-topic here so I'm recommend that you go over to Moneysavingexpert and ask in the mobile forum, someone will find you a better deal.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast