Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
Like Tree8Likes
  1. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    If no one else verifies this by tomorrow, I will go back into the store and take a photo of it.
    Go on then, I'll bite. Where's the photo?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    Good work, please keep us updated
    No joy in Chiswick CPW, unfortunately. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer as demos trickle through into the various branches
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Go on then, I'll bite. Where's the photo?
    +1

    ...If they let you! And wiggle it a lot while open to see if theres what the likelihood of 'oreo failure mechanism'.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    +1

    ...If they let you! And wiggle it a lot while open to see if theres what the likelihood of 'oreo failure mechanism'.
    Oreos are not that popular/known in the UK. Call it Jammy Dodger failure mechanism and you will be closer
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #25  
    I checked with the Liverpool Best Buy - their response was "huh?"

    :-)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I checked with the Liverpool Best Buy - their response was "huh?"

    :-)
    Hehe. Aside from one guy a talked to in BestBuy several weeks ago, that response is pretty much universal. It makes you think that new phones and signage just turn up in a box one day, and they're just like 'oo. whats this? Dunno, lets just put it up on a free stand somewhere and hope no one asks about it'.
  7. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #27  
    Those places pay minimum wage, you can't really expect the staff to care either way (unless they are on commission for a particular product).
  8. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Oreos are not that popular/known in the UK. Call it Jammy Dodger failure mechanism and you will be closer
    Surely a custard cream would be better
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  9. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #29  
    I was in local CPWs in Harrow (they have 3 stores here)

    1 of them keep telling me to buy Android phones & the other 2 have nothing in stock but said they have been told stock will be arriving soon. However, they could not locate the exact date. They said they sometimes dont know what/when will arrive until the day. Weird I know but just to confirm nothing in my local stores here.
  10. #30  
    Hey guys,

    Here is the photo of the HP Pre in CPW
    I also did a quick 'but classic shaky' video, but not sure if you can upload video here?

    Thanks,
    G
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Titan078 likes this.
  11. #31  
    Nice I am jealous I can't wait for the pre 3 to be available in the U.S.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  12. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #32  
    Wow, 30 a month? It's too much - you can get the Galaxy S II for 27 a month. This needs to be in the 21-24 a month range.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Wow, 30 a month? It's too much - you can get the Galaxy S II for 27 a month. This needs to be in the 21-24 a month range.
    eh? sounds about what you'd expect to me... anyway who sells a 27ppm contract?
  14. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    eh? sounds about what you'd expect to me... anyway who sells a 27ppm contract?

    They all do once you get into conversation with them rather than accepting the ticket prices, that's the sucker price - next time you are up for changing your contract, check out moneysavingexpert mobile forum and see the sorts of deals that are available. I don't actually buy subbed phones so my contracts are a little different but I pay 6 a month for 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb of data.
  15. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    Hey guys,

    Here is the photo of the HP Pre in CPW
    I also did a quick 'but classic shaky' video, but not sure if you can upload video here?

    Thanks,
    G
    Good stuff. Ely is too far away from me and I just brave enough to place an order without seeing one in the flesh. Guess I need to call a few more local CPWs to see if they have some in stock.
  16. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Good stuff. Ely is too far away from me and I just brave enough to place an order without seeing one in the flesh. Guess I need to call a few more local CPWs to see if they have some in stock.
    Bear in mind, you have *more* legal protection if you buy it online than if you buy it in the store. So if you get a Pre3 from an online retailer, you have seven days to send it back for any reason.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    They all do once you get into conversation with them rather than accepting the ticket prices, that's the sucker price - next time you are up for changing your contract, check out moneysavingexpert mobile forum and see the sorts of deals that are available. I don't actually buy subbed phones so my contracts are a little different but I pay 6 a month for 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb of data.
    You WHAT NOW?

    How did you end up with that? I'm sticker price sim only:
    O2, 1month
    300mins
    ~texts
    500gb
    ~22pm
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    Hey guys,

    Here is the photo of the HP Pre in CPW
    I also did a quick 'but classic shaky' video, but not sure if you can upload video here?

    Thanks,
    G
    Did they have any live units in the store? That looks to be a dummy 12:00.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Good stuff. Ely is too far away from me and I just brave enough to place an order without seeing one in the flesh. Guess I need to call a few more local CPWs to see if they have some in stock.
    Same here. Sorely tempted to just take the plunge but:

    -Haven't poked one- will the k/b be okay?, etc.
    -No prod reviews- are there major bugs, consistent hardware failures?
    -16/8gb question
    -any price reductions (like Touchpad)?
    -any deals to be had with touchstones/ touchpad multibuys?
  20. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    You WHAT NOW?

    How did you end up with that? I'm sticker price sim only:
    O2, 1month
    300mins
    ~texts
    500gb
    ~22pm
    Wow - that's a lot! I simply did Three's 10 a month sim only contract but make sure I did the deal via topcashback and got 80 cashback on top. This is getting a bit off-topic here so I'm recommend that you go over to Moneysavingexpert and ask in the mobile forum, someone will find you a better deal.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions