Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    So Bust Buy UK has been open for over two hours...

Any news?

Maybe one of you UKers could simply call: Customer Service: 0800 380 00 00
    Thats a general 'Best Buy UK' number, I suspect it won't be any help (plus UK customer service phone lines are universally terrible).

I'll try and have a look in the Hayes branch later if I get the chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Well I am, but thats just wishful thinking!
  2.    #22  
    The Best Buy that my chum works at is awaiting delivery. Apparently they are unable to tell what's on the delivery until they have it.

Seems it may well not be today. I doubt that the stuff would just turn up. For the touchpad they had point of sale advertising a good week before release.

I don't really understand why everything is so unknown.

Where I work we know exactly what we are getting and when.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Touchpad | Pre 3 | Some none WebOS stuff
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If typical for carphone warehouse though. They have no idea until it turns up.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    It's later...still no word? We're not anxious or anything.
  5. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    It's later...still no word? We're not anxious or anything.
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but i can confirm the best buy in bristol does not have any pre 3's. Looks like we're still waiting for a while
  6. Hem
    not sure if i've double posted but best buy in bristol has no pre 3's. Sorry guys
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    yeah, kinda figured it was a rep phone and a gag...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  8.    #28  
    Most certainly not a gag.

Like I said earlier, not a rep phone either.

I just figured I'd pass on the info I was given.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuff View Post
    Most certainly not a gag.

Like I said earlier, not a rep phone either.

I just figured I'd pass on the info I was given.

Not a gag by you but upon you is what I was thinking...no offense intended.
    Just figured your friend saw a chance to yank your chain, that's all.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  10.    #30  
    He's waiting with as much anticipation as I am. I may have been a bit caught up about the news to be blind to a joke. However this time I don't believe that it is.

Spoke to the guys at Best Buy in Nottingham today. They are not expecting the Pre 3 this week and have no idea when it will be coming to their store..
    Seems to be another false rumour...
    Well I just popped into the Hayes (west London) branch. They didn't have any Pre 3s (or a demo phone for that matter) so I asked the guy about release date.

He gave me a knowing smile and said 'I'm not allowed to tell you exactly but some time in the next two weeks', or words to that effect. I reckon the implication being that he knew exactly the release date, but couldn't say when. My reading of 'in the next couple of weeks' is 'not this week, more like sometime next week' (why say two otherwise?).

The guy actually didn't like WebOS (a self confessed Android fan) and wasn't enthusiastic about the pre 3 itself (although he had only handled a prototype - presumably a while back, not recently), pointing out that his impressions on build quality didn't correspond to the 'HP hype'.

Anyhoo, I'll still buy one, no doubt!

Hope that sheds a bit more light on it... but probably not. I reckon we'll all have to spend another week at least twidding thumbs.
  13.    #33  
    This has definitely turned into egg on my face.

Sorry, to have gotten peoples hopes up.
    I was genuinely hopeful that we may see them today.

I'll have to start harassing my friend to see if he can find the product code in their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuff View Post
    This has definitely turned into egg on my face.

Sorry, to have gotten peoples hopes up.
    I was genuinely hopeful that we may see them today.

I'll have to start harassing my friend to see if he can find the product code in their system.
    No, thanks for posting! We can only pass on what we hear after all, so it's all good info. I put it down to HP's enigmatic PRPRPR $policy$.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12