Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    This question is mosty for Sprint Pre owners. If Sprint doesn't carry the next WebOS phone but HP makes a CDMA unlocked version to work on Sprint.....woud you buy it? Would you pay full price for a WebOS phone to stay with Sprint?
    but Sprint isn't going to allow foreign device to register on their network, so this is impossible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    but Sprint isn't going to allow foreign device to register on their network, so this is impossible.

Didn't think of that. I guess Sprint will have the last laugh then. Unless WebOS is a big hit by years end.
    Didn't HP PROMISE to "make it right"? Since that message was mostly aimed at those of us on Sprint, their options are getting a little tight
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    And that's why GSM will always be superior to CDMA.
    koolkid09 and JonVon like this.
    Nope most of the WebOS users will convert to android or hop carriers! That's what most of them have already done sadly.

At some point and time you have no choice!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    Didn't HP PROMISE to "make it right"? Since that message was mostly aimed at those of us on Sprint, their options are getting a little tight
    They did. $50 off a Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    They did. $50 off a Touchpad.
    Yep, better than a sharp stick in the eye... But not much.
    We also don't know it HP will offer a deal on the Pre3 for us either. Why think the $50 off the TouchPad was the only thing they will offer? Seems a bit premature to get so cynical.
    IGNTNUNLMTD and spudland like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    And that's why GSM will always be superior to CDMA.
    won't they both be irrelevant once LTE is widely deployed?
    In Germany, LTE is still far away... Currently it's only used as a replacement for DSL in places where there's no availability or to surf the web with a Laptop. I'm not aware of any 4G phones being advertised. I think it will still take three/four years before it is an alternative to UMTS.

€dith: What am I writing? AfaikAfaikAfaik $we$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $commercially$ $CDMA$ $networks$ $in$ $Germany$. $Hence$, $when$ $LTE$ $will$ $be$ $widely$ $adopted$ $is$ $not$ $relevant$ $for$ $us$. $It$ $is$ $relevant$ $for$ $the$ $US$, $however$.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    We also don't know it HP will offer a deal on the Pre3 for us either. Why think the $50 off the TouchPad was the only thing they will offer? Seems a bit premature to get so cynical.
    After almost 2 years being promised every couple months that flash was coming 'real soon' for my Pre-, it's never to premature to be cynical about Palm/HP.
    Tikkanen likes this.
    does lte require a SIM? Regardless I am guessing this will still be based on carrier, as we have seen, LTE can operate on different spectrums just as gsm 3g doesnt all operate on the same spectrum by carrier.

so even worldwide LTE will still result in GSM being superior for the point of not having the carrier be able to make the call.

if I am incorrect, feel free to educate me further
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    does lte require a SIM? Regardless I am guessing this will still be based on carrier, as we have seen, LTE can operate on different spectrums just as gsm 3g doesnt all operate on the same spectrum by carrier.

so even worldwide LTE will still result in GSM being superior for the point of not having the carrier be able to make the call.

if I am incorrect, feel free to educate me further
    yes lte requires a sim. i think lte will be deployed worldwide making it somewhat universal, reducing this whole us/world phone problem. however, different frequencies will be used in different countries so no phone will be truly a world phone.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Already switched to Android...I'll see what HP has released/coming with my one year upgrade...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Would you pay full price for a WebOS phone to stay with Sprint?
    i paid full price for my pre-
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    No one mentioned Sprint but the petulant children posting here. HP has released a Veer for free, $50 off the TouchPad. If you liked webOS and are on Sprint, now you are off contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    This question is mosty for Sprint Pre owners. If Sprint doesn't carry the next WebOS phone but HP makes a CDMA unlocked version to work on Sprint.....woud you buy it? Would you pay full price for a WebOS phone to stay with Sprint?

I would buy one if HP isn't too greedy with the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    yes lte requires a sim. i think lte will be deployed worldwide making it somewhat universal, reducing this whole us/world phone problem. however, different frequencies will be used in different countries so no phone will be truly a world phone.
    so sprint and vzw will be using sim cards soon?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Everyone on Sprint who has a free aol email account can get a 10% EVP Discount. Self employed are 18% and you can get up to 25% discount by being an employee of different corporations or government agencies.

My family of 4 on Sprint with everything unlimited but call minutes at 1500 is $169. The one thing our phones never do is ring so the minutes don't matter.

Over the life of a 24 month contract it would cost us nearly $2,000 to go anywhere else. I love webOS and am fine to be on my 5th Pre.

My family was not as understanding about all their refurbs. Sprint eventually let each do an early upgrade to a variety of Android phones. They have all the apps all their friends have now and bigger displays. Since then they never once had to go through a refurb.

So for me to come over to AT&T with a plan as close to Sprint as they offer is $100 a month just for me. That's $60 extra per month x 24 or $1,440 more just for my line.

So I will keep my Pre limping along as long as I can to play with. The 5th refurb seems to be the charm. My business phone is an EVO 4G so I can get my work done.

I can't afford AT&T.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast