Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    Didn't HP PROMISE to "make it right"? Since that message was mostly aimed at those of us on Sprint, their options are getting a little tight
    ... and Pre users on Bell in Canada, O2 in Europe, Telcel in Mexico, list goes on.

World doesn't spin around the US you know...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    spudland likes this.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    ... and Pre users on Bell in Canada, O2 in Europe, Telcel in Mexico, list goes on.

If you think about it, people generally expect companies to pay more attention to users in their "home" country. HP may be a global company, but both HP and Palm are/were based in the USA, so there is a fair expectation that those HERE won't get neglected by the company, even if the carriers here are run by less than competent executives.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Everyone on Sprint who has a free aol email account can get a 10% EVP Discount. Self employed are 18% and you can get up to 25% discount by being an employee of different corporations or government agencies.

My family of 4 on Sprint with everything unlimited but call minutes at 1500 is $169. The one thing our phones never do is ring so the minutes don't matter.

Over the life of a 24 month contract it would cost us nearly $2,000 to go anywhere else. I love webOS and am fine to be on my 5th Pre.

My family was not as understanding about all their refurbs. Sprint eventually let each do an early upgrade to a variety of Android phones. They have all the apps all their friends have now and bigger displays. Since then they never once had to go through a refurb.

So for me to come over to AT&T with a plan as close to Sprint as they offer is $100 a month just for me. That's $60 extra per month x 24 or $1,440 more just for my line.

So I will keep my Pre limping along as long as I can to play with. The 5th refurb seems to be the charm. My business phone is an EVO 4G so I can get my work done.

I can't afford AT&T.
    Family plans tend to become a better deal as you add more lines. At 2 lines, there isn't really any advantage on a family plan, but go to a third, fourth, or fifth line, you start to see some significant discounts under the AT&T plans at least. I still feel that AT&T should offer discounts for those not under contract, but unfortunately that isn't reality at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Everyone on Sprint who has a free aol email account can get a 10% EVP Discount. Self employed are 18% and you can get up to 25% discount by being an employee of different corporations or government agencies.

My family of 4 on Sprint with everything unlimited but call minutes at 1500 is $169. The one thing our phones never do is ring so the minutes don't matter.

Over the life of a 24 month contract it would cost us nearly $2,000 to go anywhere else. I love webOS and am fine to be on my 5th Pre.

My family was not as understanding about all their refurbs. Sprint eventually let each do an early upgrade to a variety of Android phones. They have all the apps all their friends have now and bigger displays. Since then they never once had to go through a refurb.

So for me to come over to AT&T with a plan as close to Sprint as they offer is $100 a month just for me. That's $60 extra per month x 24 or $1,440 more just for my line.

So I will keep my Pre limping along as long as I can to play with. The 5th refurb seems to be the charm. My business phone is an EVO 4G so I can get my work done.

I can't afford AT&T.
    I soooooo understand how you feel. I too am on my 5th pre but it's starting to limp. I'm on a 2-person family plan that includes my mom, have 1500min and pay $115 out the door incl insurance on my pre. My sister has a Sero Plus 500 plan. She asked me a few months back which phone she should get b/c she was finally moving up to a smart phone. Sadly I couldn't recommend Pre to her as much as I love mine (ok more of a love-hate relationship). So she chose Evo and I had no good reasons to stop her. It's not like I could've suggested a different webOS phone...

I'm sticking with Sprint. If they get Galaxy S II, that'll prob be my next phone. Photon is growing on me b/c of it's international roaming capabilities but not a fan of moto phones in general.

If Pre3 or PreX does come to Sprint, I'd be the first in line for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Toni's right, we American's tend to think we own the world when we clearly don't. <<mod delete>> I also think there's still time for HP to make it right when the Pre 3 hits the market...and even again whenever (if) Sprint decides to get back in the webOS race....I'm not sticking with Sprint for that to happen...waiting on Verizon now to get the Pre 3 and can switch whenever they get it and it will not affect unlimited data, thank you.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/01/2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: no politics in this forum
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12