Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree25Likes
  1.    #1  
    Preparing your app for the HP Pre3
    We are getting ready to launch the Pre3 smartphone. If you have an existing webOS smartphone app, we encourage you to start preparing your app for the Pre3 by accessing an updated emulator and other supporting documentation that’s planned to be available this week to members in our Early Access program. If you would like to join our Early Access program, please email PDC@palm.com.

    Starting now, you can submit apps for Pre3 to the App Catalog. We are in the process of testing existing smartphone apps for Pre3 compatibility. The apps that are deemed compatible will be automatically made available for Pre3. Again, if you do not wish to make your app available for Pre3, you can manually deselect it in the "My Apps" tab when you log into your account.

    We're looking forward to broadening the reach of webOS – and we thank you for your continued support!

    Sincerely,

    Your webOS Developer Relations Team
  2. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #2  
    got it too. Posted on the video review thread if anyone got a similar one X days before Veer was available...
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  3. #3  
    I also got the email from the Your webOS Developer Relations Team. I think I was more excited to see Australia, New Zeland, Hong Kong and Singapore added to the App Catalog.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  4. #4  
    Sweet Fancy Moses! Hurray!!!!!!!!!
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  5. #5  
    How far in advance of launch does this kind of email typically get sent out?
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Preparing your app for the HP Pre3
    We are getting ready to launch the Pre3 smartphone. If you have an existing webOS smartphone app, we encourage you to start preparing your app for the Pre3 by accessing an updated emulator and other supporting documentation that’s planned to be available this week to members in our Early Access program. If you would like to join our Early Access program, please email PDC@palm.com.

    Starting now, you can submit apps for Pre3 to the App Catalog. We are in the process of testing existing smartphone apps for Pre3 compatibility. The apps that are deemed compatible will be automatically made available for Pre3. Again, if you do not wish to make your app available for Pre3, you can manually deselect it in the "My Apps" tab when you log into your account.

    We're looking forward to broadening the reach of webOS – and we thank you for your continued support!

    Sincerely,

    Your webOS Developer Relations Team
    i live in Italy : why don' t you open your app catalog with paid apps ?

    If you don't open globally your Catalog , is not useful launch Verr or Pre 3 or Touchpad or every other product.

    Your future is APP CATALOG
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    i live in Italy : why don' t you open your app catalog with paid apps ?

    If you don't open globally your Catalog , is not useful launch Verr or Pre 3 or Touchpad or every other product.

    Your future is APP CATALOG
    Wolfgart--

    These are questions you need to direct to HP. I would guess that the developers would like their apps to be available everywhere/
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    How far in advance of launch does this kind of email typically get sent out?
    I would say approx. 10-14 days.
    fmarcanojr and NINnerd like this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I would say approx. 10-14 days.
    Really!?!? So it could be 2-3 weeks until launch?

    Best. News. All. Week.
  10. #10  
    If this pans out, and we get some solid news within the next 14 days about carriers and launch dates... my new Evo3D is going back and I'll limp along with my 25% functional Pre- assuming Sprint is a carrier.
  11. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #11  
    for sure its coming soon, they have european review units out already... i guess HP really, truly is into soft launches.
    kinda driving me crazy~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  12. #12  
    Starting now, you can submit apps for Pre3 to the App Catalog.
    Do they specify if they're accepting Mojo or Enyo apps?
  13. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #13  
    I have about two weeks to decide whether to keep my Veer or swap it out.
    If there were an unlocked GSM coming out I'd hop on that and keep the Veer so I could have small, medium and large (TP) webOS toys.

    Anyone know if there will be an unlocked (no contract) version of the AT&T model?
  14. #14  
    Well you can always purchase any AT&T device off contract, it just cost more than with a contract.
  15. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Do they specify if they're accepting Mojo or Enyo apps?
    i sent an email about that very instance. so far there is no enyo framework sdk for the pre3 so my initial guess is no. so i also asked the follow up as to how long it would take before we do see it.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    assuming Sprint is a carrier.
    Srsly?
  17. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    assuming Sprint is a carrier.
    Hahahahah, thanks for that. I needed a good laugh tonight.
  18. #18  
    hmmm...if the pre3 is coming out in 10-14 days, its probably being released in a country outside the US, unlocked, or on ATT.

    that means another 3 months or so for its release on verizon???
  19. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I would say approx. 10-14 days.

    Works for me. It will be at least September 5th before I can do anything (first payday *after* I stop paying the summer rate for daycare. ) Gives some time to settle on a provider, assuming no Sprint and that AT&T and VZW come out.
  20. #20  
    I love the idea of getting some Pre3 action in mid-August. My pre- is finally showing some age related stress of a sort that pushes what I can continue to tolerate. Please let this be true!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions