Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Network = Orange (France Telcom)

Packaging - Box is huge - Nice!

Supposedly unlocked device in UK and Germany - Wondering about France???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    So, I don't speak French and I skipped ahead during the review, but was it doing anything different than what my Pre 2 can do? I saw him show the cards and video and pictures and IM and email and calendar etc, but didn't see anything that set it apart from the Pre 2, other than size.
    dingdingding, we have a winner! Pre 3 is a good hardware bump to an already good phone, along with some good software updates too. It's not the second coming of christ like some people here make it out to be. =p
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    If anyone here can speak french, do they say anything about the Pre3 that we dont already know?
    I speak French but didn't pick up anything new that we didn't already know.

Rue Du Commerce is an ecommerce site and they have the Pre 3 up for preorder. So that would imply that indeed preview units have gone out for review by significant retailers. Interesting.
    Still amazed that it's 8 GB, though. Especially given that my Pre+ (albeit failing) is 16 GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Still amazed that it's 8 GB, though. Especially given that my Pre+ (albeit failing) is 16 GB.
    I think they will have a 16 GB version too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Supposedly unlocked device in UK and Germany - Wondering about France???
    The gesture guides are in french. Hence, I doubt this device was destined for the German or British market.
    5 pins on the battery rather than the usual 3. What does this mean....likely nothing, i'm just a spotter.
    Well, if this is the device they plan to release, I don't think it will garner much attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    5 pins on the battery rather than the usual 3. What does this mean....likely nothing, i'm just a spotter.
    The extra pins probably have something to do with TTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    The extra pins probably have something to do with TTS.
    Or the different kind of battery.
    Here is the company's website page for the Pre 3:

http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Telephon...hone-Pre-3.htm

At the bottom of the page, it says (according to Google Translate):

The delivery date of the article may vary depending on the carrier. We will send you an estimated date when you choose your shipping method.

So there still does not seem to be an answer about release date.

I don't read French at all, so I may be missing date information on another part of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Well, if this is the device they plan to release, I don't think it will garner much attention.
    Cry about it!

It looks great to me; that speed is beautiful. Makes Android look as unoptimized as it actually is. Hell, it looks faster than iOS in some respects.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think they will have a 16 GB version too.
    Agreed and understood. I'm just wondering if they'll launch both versions at the same time. All indications from Europe, at least, have been that the 8 GB is coming out first. Would really blow to wait for the 16 GB version even longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post

So there still does not seem to be an answer about release date.

I don't read French at all, so I may be missing date information on another part of the page.
    Nope. You're reading (or, rather, Google's) is correct. You're not missing anything. Further, at the top, it lists "availability" as "preorder". Same as if you put it in your shopping cart.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Cry about it!

It looks great to me; that speed is beautiful. Makes Android look as unoptimized as it actually is. Hell, it looks faster than iOS in some respects.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
    No tears here. Just making a simple observation.
    Agreed and understood. I'm just wondering if they'll launch both versions at the same time. All indications from Europe, at least, have been that the 8 GB is coming out first. Would really blow to wait for the 16 GB version even longer.
    These companies really need to stop making different versions just for storage capacity. I mean, does it cost extra to add an expanded media card port or something? The 8 GB would probably be fine though if you can do the box.net thing like on the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    dingdingding, we have a winner! Pre 3 is a good hardware bump to an already good phone, along with some good software updates too. It's not the second coming of christ like some people here make it out to be. =p
    It is if you're coming from a pre - or pre +.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    sooby77 and RoverNole like this.
    Just checked palmpre-france.com to see if they had anything more on the Rue Du Commerce listing or video. They only mention the former and not the latter. BUT:

They also have a report that if you go to Palm's European store, and add the TouchPad to your cart, on the lower left of the cart it recommends the Pre3 with the designation HP-FB437AA-ABU.

I tried it in the French version of the Euro store and got this:

HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories

Oddly, it lists it as an accessory. It also says that its availability is "in stock" and generally ships in 1-2 business days.

Mistake?
    And. Just checked the UK version:

It lists it as available for pre-order but expected to ship mid-July which would be, uh, ... before now.

Huh, again.
    Just checked palmpre-france.com to see if they had anything more on the Rue Du Commerce listing or video. They only mention the former and not the latter. BUT:

They also have a report that if you go to Palm's European store, and add the TouchPad to your cart, on the lower left of the cart it recommends the Pre3 with the designation HP-FB437AA-ABU.

I tried it in the French version of the Euro store and got this:

Oddly, it lists it as an accessory. It also says that its availability is "in stock" and generally ships in 1-2 business days.

Mistake?
    I clicked on the link you posted and it says for me: "Availability: Pre-Order Now. Expected to ship: Mid July Details"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast