Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
Like Tree69Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now I don't work for the Palm division at all, so let me get that out there. (work for the service division for a specific customer actually, formally EDS). I hear all your frustration and I have a few emails out to some executives to see what I can find out...

    I don't like hearing HP customers un-happy so I will see what I can do. Granted I might not be able to find anything out but I will do what I can..

    company wise we all just got the Palm Pre 2 as the standard internal phone and I never had a WEBOS phone before (iphone user) and must say that I am pretty impressed and I dont impress often hence me visiting these forums learning about the product etc...

    but again back on topic, I will see what I can find out...
  2. hf199's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    #2  
    Please more info soon!
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    Now I don't work for the Palm division at all, so let me get that out there. (work for the service division for a specific customer actually, formally EDS). I hear all your frustration and I have a few emails out to some executives to see what I can find out...

    I don't like hearing HP customers un-happy so I will see what I can do. Granted I might not be able to find anything out but I will do what I can..

    company wise we all just got the Palm Pre 2 as the standard internal phone and I never had a WEBOS phone before (iphone user) and must say that I am pretty impressed and I dont impress often hence me visiting these forums learning about the product etc...

    but again back on topic, I will see what I can find out...
    Aren't you supposed to get the Pre 3 ?
    I heard that EDS had a contracts with both Sprint and ATT. Now HP decided to go with ATT only.
    Is it true ?
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Aren't you supposed to get the Pre 3 ?
    I heard that EDS had a contracts with both Sprint and ATT. Now HP decided to go with ATT only.
    Is it true ?
    nope, I wish... internally in big companies you always get 1 rev back.... for internal we can use ATT, Verizon and Sprint...

    I got the unlocked GSM one for ATT in USA
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  5. #5  
    Interesting and what is EDS provide Sprint and ATT?

    Either way, glad to hear HP internally using webOS devices and also good to hear from a long time iphone user being receptive to the Pre2 and webOS device.

    Couple of questions for you:

    1. Are TouchPads also making their way around HP and any opinion on there use in the Business professional world?

    2. I suspect HP is playing the wait game with smartphones. Sprint, Verizon, and ATT all have webOS devices in varying degrees, but no reason to release the Pre 3 till HP has a better idea what the competition will come out with their next iPhone HD, Window Mobile Mango, or otherwise.

    Is this HP's plan or can we expect some release dates on ATT, Verizon, and maybe even Sprint sooner then later???

    3. Scheduled updates (OAT or otherwise) for webOS (Tablets and Mobile) and bringing Enyo and Mojo closer together development wise. Please avoid as much as possible the fragmentation plaguing everything Android.

    Thanks for the few minutes! Sorli...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    nope, I wish... internally in big companies you always get 1 rev back.... for internal we can use ATT, Verizon and Sprint...

    I got the unlocked GSM one for ATT in USA
    Speaking of Sprint, can you find out anything about when Sprint will release the HP Pre3?
  7. #7  
    Thanks for helping us out....We are ready to spend our money on HP devices and spread the good word about HP to our family, friends and business partners!!...Do what you can to make this happen...
  8. #8  
    You're in HP's IT branch... surely you can log into one of the 3 dozen systems and find out Pre3's release date...
  9. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #9  
    Thanks for the offer for whatever info you can find. Some of us are having an increasingly difficult time staying patient with the lack of news.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    nyquistjack and aloe#WN like this.
  10. #10  
    Good to hear an HP employee on our side. And since its your first time to the forums here, you picked a good place to go. webOS is awesome and any question you have can most likely be answered here.
  11. #11  
    And dear sir, if you'll be so kind, can you visit webOS showroom and look for some slab phone?

    So, is there any webOS slab model in works?

    If you do and see it, just reply to my question with:"I'm not permitted to say"
  12. #12  
    Careful there metalsiren, good way to get your a?? fired if you disclosed non-public information. Let the talking heads do the talking, even if they screw it up :-(
    Sukiyaki, JonVon and Keen like this.
  13. #13  
    AT&T will get the Pre3 very soon.

    No, I don't work for HP or Palm but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #14  
    I sent a few more emails out to other people asking for help... so far nothing but most of the people I emailed are in the west coast.

    again I don't know if I will find anything but I am trying
  15. #15  
    Funny you posted this. I keep thinking about ways HP can unofficially tell the community:
    1) When/If the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint and who is at fault
    2) Whent he Touchpad update will be released
    3) If anything at all is coming to Sprint

    But still be able to deny it at the same time. "We never said that. It was just some employee being silly." with a big fat wink. At this point a large part of the what's left of the community is going ape-crap waiting for news.
    Hobbz and Tikkanen like this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    I sent a few more emails out to other people asking for help... so far nothing but most of the people I emailed are in the west coast.

    again I don't know if I will find anything but I am trying
    Don't be risking your job.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    AT&T will get the Pre3 very soon.

    No, I don't work for HP or Palm but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...
    Hope you took advantge of the corporate rate!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't be risking your job.
    nope not going to happen have 2 kids to feed that's why I am going through the right channels that I can. (since even if I found internal information I have to get approval before I post that)
  19. #19  
    Here's what you can tell the supervisors......

    HP = Dr. Frankenstein

    ROTW = Angry villagers with pitchforks and burning torches


    get the picture?



    BTW.....not my view....I have my TouchPad and am happy with it, but there's quite a few that fit the above description
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    nope not going to happen have 2 kids to feed that's why I am going through the right channels that I can. (since even if I found internal information I have to get approval before I post that)
    I'm not going to hold my breath for the information then. I don't work for HP, but the large corporation I do work for would be sure to filter down a fat no if I was asking official channels if I could release any company information on unreleased products.

    [edit] Assuming they even let me see the information...

    [edit][edit] Still cool to see another HP employee join the forums. Hope you stick around and accidentally let something slip without getting canned.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions