Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you look at the front page article on the Singapore release, there are some very good incentives there:
    16GB gets a free case
    32GB gets a free Touchstone

If you're one of the first 50 to buy, you get a free mystery gift.

24 month no interest payment plan.

These are all great ideas, I'm surprised they weren't implemented here.

I hope it isn't in HP's plan to have the Pre 3 exclusive in Canada. Push it on all carriers, especially where it started at Bell.
    I agree, push the Pre 3 for all Canada carriers especially Bell! I wouldn't want to have to wait another year to get a new webOS device and waste my upgrade.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    you need to get me a job with their marketing team so we can fix this mess (preferably retail marketing side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    If HP's cost for the TouchPad is even 20% of MSRP, I'll eat my hat.
    True so true, but then who really knows how much these things costs.

Either way, how bout giving away $50 dollar worth of App Catalog Credits with every purchase. This would only cost HP $35 dollars (if my thinking and math is correct) in loss if they are used and all the reward would go to the developers with users buying apps and moving old and new apps. There is other ways to motivate! By the way - 50gb on Box.net has been Fantastic! Sorli
    I work about a mile from a big HP site metro Atlanta. We should grab coffee, if you ever happen to be in that area
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I work about a mile from a big HP site metro Atlanta. We should grab coffee, if you ever happen to be in that area
    yea that would be kewl I am there ever once and a while for my other customer.
  5.    #45  
    ok guys, still sending emails and calling people blind.... so far its not working so great but I will keep stabbing away
    if I don't get anything I am sorry it ddint work out... but I am trying
    Tikkanen and Soorma like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    yea that would be kewl I am there ever once and a while for my other customer.
    where are you based?
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post
    ok guys, still sending emails and calling people blind.... so far its not working so great but I will keep stabbing away
    if I don't get anything I am sorry it ddint work out... but I am trying
    If you work in EDS division you probably are not going to get any information. I know a bussy of mine works for EDS and he has no clue about webOS. For about 20 minutes he talked about Palm OS. Your best bet is getting in touch with anyone working in Sunnyvale Palm's office.
  8.    #48  
    where are you based?
    most HP people work from home,so I am in Raleigh NC
    I like coffee.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I like coffee.
    Hey... I like coffee too. I work 15 minutes from the Sunnyvale office. Maybe we can do coffee??? That is, if your bases in Head Quarters? LOL
    I like cofee too... but I believe that my cofee can be cold until I go there...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    the first of you coffee drinkers come th Alpharetta, i'll buy the first cup of coffee at mcDonald's!
    There are better cafe's in Alpharetta than Mickie D's! I'm in Dunwoody, and even I know that!
    price is the operative factor.

if you are in dunwoody, did you respond to the thread about having a webOS meetup?
    Just moved here 6 months ago...still getting my bearings straight. Didn't even see the thread about a webOS meetup!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    HP TouchPad Costs $328 To Manufacture -- InformationWeekHP TouchPad Costs $328 To Manufacture - personal-tech Blog

Please videotape yourself eating the hat. Could you also put "The Girl From Ipanema" on as your background music?
    No way HP pays that much. Somebody dig up a bill of sale to HP from Inventec before I begin my meal.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Don't go back on your deal. I expect the video soon.

It's very possible and even likely that HP pays that much. It costs Apple $325 to make an iPad so it's all in that same ballpark.
    somewhere around here it was documented to have material cost of $300 or $400.
    yes, but remember... When you buy in mass quantity you get discounted rates. So say for the 1st unit "being the prototype" it cost 10k. But for the first 10000 retail units the price to make is 300-400 and for 10k-100k the price per unit is now 150. See where I am going...

The more you make the less it cost, its the "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine" mentality. Because these manufactures know they will get more business if they make small deals while still making profit.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
    I went to school for Computer Electronics Engineering. Component price to make the HP Touchpad is in the range of 125-175 per unit because of their bulk orders. Otherwise the component price for the HP touchpad would be in the range of 300-400 if they had only mad a few of them.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/29/2011 at 02:18 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    ON A SIDE NOTE:
    I went to school for Computer Electronics Engineering. Component price to make the HP Touchpad is in the range of 125-175 per unit because of their bulk orders. Otherwise the component price for the HP touchpad would be in the range of 300-400 if they had only mad a few of them.
    No wonder they are still charging $799 for a HP Slate 500 Tablet .....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    ON A SIDE NOTE:
    According to multiple source the BOM for an HP Touchpad is in the $300 range...

HP TouchPad Costs an Estimated $318 to Make | News |webOSroundup
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast