Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    you need to get me a job with their marketing team so we can fix this mess (preferably retail marketing side)
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Here's what you can tell the supervisors......

HP = Dr. Frankenstein

ROTW = Angry villagers with pitchforks and burning torches

get the picture?

BTW.....not my view....I have my TouchPad and am happy with it, but there's quite a few that fit the above description
    agreed... that's why I am hoping to get someone to talk to me, I think as a company we need to be more open with information to the consumers so they know we have not forgotten about them etc.

any information (even if it says, hey the product is cancelled or late etc ) is better than no information. Also keeping customers informed I believe is good business... the more informed they are, the more they might wait for a new product then getting another one. (because of lack of information)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    AT&T will get the Pre3 very soon.

No, I don't work for HP or Palm but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...
    I was told that the Pre3 will be released tomorrow. I have a resource that specifically worked on the Touchpad project at HP. She is telling me tomorrow is the office launch of the Pre3. I believe it will be AT&T first then Verizon. Unless I mis-understood her.
    start here, metalsiren

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tening-hp.html

its an in-depth article i wrote on the retail marketing experience
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    start here, metalsiren

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tening-hp.html

its an in-depth article i wrote on the retail marketing experience
    personal opinion here !!!!!!!

but I would also drop the price to 300 for the 16 and 400 for the 32, and drop the touchstone to half 40 instead of 80. in newer versions include the touchstone since its one of the major features of the product.

with a cheaper price, they will be able to get it into more customers hands.. with it the same price of everything out there it might take much longer for customer base.
    spudland likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsiren View Post

but I would also drop the price to 300 for the 16 and 400 for the 32, and drop the touchstone to half 40 instead of 80. in newer versions include the touchstone since its one of the major features of the product.

with a cheaper price, they will be able to get it into more customers hands.. with it the same price of everything out there it might take much longer for customer base.

selling something for less than you pay for it usually doesnt keep businesses afloat.

presentation is everything.

you can sell someone a dog turd if you know how to present it

every time i am in a retail location and walk past the touchpad display, i can walk over and sell it to them. not once has anyone said "oh, well, i still want an ipad"
    @agentmock

but the customer base that pays more for it, should be both more wealthy and more loyal, I think. Otherwise they would buy an iPad..
    If you look at the front page article on the Singapore release, there are some very good incentives there:
    16GB gets a free case
    32GB gets a free Touchstone

If you're one of the first 50 to buy, you get a free mystery gift.

24 month no interest payment plan.

These are all great ideas, I'm surprised they weren't implemented here.

I hope it isn't in HP's plan to have the Pre 3 exclusive in Canada. Push it on all carriers, especially where it started at Bell.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I sent a few more emails out to other people asking for help... so far nothing but most of the people I emailed are in the west coast.

again I don't know if I will find anything but I am trying
    hey what ever you can get, i think that it is cool you are even trying. are you going to get the next new phone that comes out? have you got the touchpad yet, i hear it is awesome
    agreed... that's why I am hoping to get someone to talk to me, I think as a company we need to be more open with information to the consumers so they know we have not forgotten about them etc.

any information (even if it says, hey the product is cancelled or late etc ) is better than no information. Also keeping customers informed I believe is good business... the more informed they are, the more they might wait for a new product then getting another one. (because of lack of information)
    unfortunately, this is not always true. If HP says something, they get criticized. If they don't say anything, they get criticized. I hope you find some good info, but brace yourself for unexpected whining.

... And welcome!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    selling something for less than you pay for it usually doesnt keep businesses afloat.
    If HP's cost for the TouchPad is even 20% of MSRP, I'll eat my hat.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    somewhere around here it was documented to have material cost of $300 or $400.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    If HP's cost for the TouchPad is even 20% of MSRP, I'll eat my hat.
    HP TouchPad Costs $328 To Manufacture -- InformationWeekHP TouchPad Costs $328 To Manufacture - personal-tech Blog

Please videotape yourself eating the hat. Could you also put "The Girl From Ipanema" on as your background music?
    Another nice incentive...(we were talking about incentives weren't we?) would be to reverse the deal they offered on the Touchpad. If you had a Pre+ or Pre Pixi (I think), then you get a $50 rebate...how about if you have a Touchpad, you get a rebate on the Pre3? Especially if they are going to start offering deals and incentives now...reward the people who rushed out and paid full price for the thing.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Speaking of Sprint, can you find out anything about when Sprint will release the HP Pre3?
    2 weeks after this:

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    2 weeks after this:

I don't get it...

I get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    2 weeks after this:

That's old news. Saw that at a Roger Waters concert a few years back
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I don't get it...

I get it

LOL...He means when pigs fly....
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Thanks for the effort, looking forward to what comes out of it. Don't risk your career over it though, we can deal with waiting if things get too dicey.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast