Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP Pre 3 | help & support | Orange UK

Given there are tariffs from both T-mobile and Orange for Pre3 on mobiles.co.uk, I suspect the deal is between HP and everything everywhere rather than just Orange.

Let's just hope other operators will get the Pre3 too.

I know O2 have said they will not carry the Pre3. But given mobiles.co.uk also indicates the Pre3 can be pre-ordered on O2 (whilst Vodafone and 3 are greyed out), then I suspect O2 have had a change of mind.

Also, on the Orange support page above, go to the features and specs tab and then scroll down to the processor. Yes, we all know, it is supposed to be a single core 1.4Ghz processor. But who knows.... Just for crazy speculation maybe.
    Rnp and edibledawg like this.
  2.    #2  
    Oh, and the Pre3 user manual can be downloaded from the above support pages ;-)
    Typical that it might be coming to the provider I left when I shifted to O2.

On an interesting note though I see Orange has it listed as a dual core 1.2 GHz, so either HP have still not corrected the info sheet or they have actually gone and changed things about.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    nice find! reading the user guide now...bc I am addict
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post

On an interesting note though I see Orange has it listed as a dual core 1.2 GHz, so either HP have still not corrected the info sheet or they have actually gone and changed things about.
    I reckon it is HP who need to get their act together. Just had a good look at the manual and it keeps referring to HPxxx instead of HP Pre3. Just sloppy work by HP. Rather disappointing really.

Also no mention of video calling in the manual. Not out of the box anyway, it seems.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Just had a horrible thought.......

Please HP, make this available unlocked.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    "The browser features the latest web standard technologies such as HTML 4.01,"......
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    I reckon it is HP who need to get their act together. Just had a good look at the manual and it keeps referring to HPxxx instead of HP Pre3. Just sloppy work by HP. Rather disappointing really.

Also no mention of video calling in the manual. Not out of the box anyway, it seems.
    Video calling has a tick by it on the features and specs page.

I figure its either HP being sloppy or Orange have put up a non final version of the manual. Given its not up in the shop yet I suspect the support page shouldn't have gone live yet.

@RedMist - Hope so too, really can't afford to be switching off of the deal I've got on O2.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I've emailed them to find out a release date.

*shrugs* Probably wasting my time, but, hey
    Good bye O2 it's just business nothing personal

It's not a final version, probably not meant for public consumption. The specs page is sorely missing from that manual.

And actually, in that manual, I found the darn culprit of all our PDF troubles, and unfortunately the Pre 3 seems to have the same lousy viewer:

PDF View is provided by Documents To Go®, a product of DataViz, Inc.
    (dataviz.com).
    Shame on you, DataViz.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Just had a horrible thought.......

Please HP, make this available unlocked.
    I guess your horrible thought is about us waiting since february only to be told it will be sold by Orange who will have exclusive sales for 6 months or so?
    Last edited by Andreas; 07/28/2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I guess your horrible thought is about us waiting since february only to be told it will be sold by Orange who will have exclusive sales for 6 months or so?
    Exactly. My worst nightmare..
    DigitalUnlock: Unlock your HP Pre 3

DigitalUnlock claims they can unlock the Pre 3... but I think it looks like a copied placeholder.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The manual can be used to Pre2... have nothing specific, and call the phone as "XXX"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Still nothing firm imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Typical that it might be coming to the provider I left when I shifted to O2.

They also have it listed as supporting JAVA....

I'd take it with a gain of salt until an official announcement is made.

I know O2 have said they will not carry the Pre3. But given mobiles.co.uk also indicates the Pre3 can be pre-ordered on O2 (whilst Vodafone and 3 are greyed out), then I suspect O2 have had a change of mind
    Let's hope so; I'd be very disappointed if they did not offer the Pre3. I switched to O2 in 2009 after 15 years with Vodafone specifically so that I could get a Pre, and would happily renew for another 2 years with a Pre 3.

The carriers should think carefully about the consequences of becoming so dependent on Apple.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Woot, I'm already using my Pre Plus on tmobile so this is good news!!
    Noticed under specs that internal memory is only 8 gigs. I thought this was supposed to come out in a 16 gig version as well?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast