Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Video calling has a tick by it on the features and specs page.

I figure its either HP being sloppy or Orange have put up a non final version of the manual. Given its not up in the shop yet I suspect the support page shouldn't have gone live yet.

@RedMist - Hope so too, really can't afford to be switching off of the deal I've got on O2.
    it does have video calling doesn't it. I'm sure I saw this demo'd at Think Beyond.
    I think this is definitely a not ready for prime time manual. For example, under making calls I saw nothing mentioned of voice-dialing.
    This seems like a very bare-bones manual with a lot missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Noticed under specs that internal memory is only 8 gigs. I thought this was supposed to come out in a 16 gig version as well?
    I know what's up with that? 8gigs is so last gen. The Pre plus and 2 have 16gigs.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    16gb will probably show up later, unless HP's deciding to put all your music and videos and documents and photos in the cloud meaning 8gb is the max you'll ever need on the device....
    Pre 3 is Manta Ray, it seems.

Check the user guide, right click and check the Document Properties. Titled "Manta Ray mini User Guide".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I rang orange and it's doesn't seem to in the CS system yet, anyone have any guess on release date?
    We can guess but that's all it'll be. I say the 3rd week of Aug.
    I'm not going to be happy if Orange get the Pre 3! I left Orange (After years of being with them) to get the Pre. Now I'll be leaving O2, and the loyalty I've built up with them, to jump back! Fun times! :P

I'm glad to see that the Pre 3 will have some network support though!
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I'm not going to be happy if Orange get the Pre 3! I left Orange (After years of being with them) to get the Pre. Now I'll be leaving O2, and the loyalty I've built up with them, to jump back! Fun times! :P

What does your loyalty get you. I've been with O2 for years and the loyalty i've built up amounts to almost nothing. I think I can upgrade a month early and that's about it. Best way to get a good deal is to threaten to leave and speak with the retention team.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    What does your loyalty get you. I've been with O2 for years and the loyalty i've built up amounts to almost nothing. I think I can upgrade a month early and that's about it. Best way to get a good deal is to threaten to leave and speak with the retention team.
    Exactly that, the longer you've been with them the more leeway you build up when you do the ritual threaten to leave routine. When I left Orange they were throwing all sorts of phones at me for free, and on decently priced contracts!
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post

Dunno, I've moved orange to o2 as well, and find the latter so much better. I found orange a miserable experience. As a result, I'm just sticking with o2 and buying the phone sim free. Orange screw you on tethering as well, which is a deal breaker for me- o2 give access to Cloud and BTopenzone wifi for free + no charge for tethering = win .
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I use my Pre+ on T-mobile, the solo 20 deal: £20 a month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and a gig of internet, if the Pre 3 comes to t-mobile I'd be happy to sign up for a proper contract.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Dunno, I've moved orange to o2 as well, and find the latter so much better. I found orange a miserable experience. As a result, I'm just sticking with o2 and buying the phone sim free. Orange screw you on tethering as well, which is a deal breaker for me- o2 give access to Cloud and BTopenzone wifi for free + no charge for tethering = win .
    It's getting harder to do, all of the companies use a different system to work what offers to make but a large aspect of each companies offer seems to be the amount you spend per month over the last six months rather than how long you've been with the company.

My monthly spend is so low (I always buy my own phones) that the deals I can get are always awful and so I generally swap networks every 12 months, simply because cashback deals make it the best way for me to work.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Looking a bit further into those "help and support pages" - I notice that it offers guides to a number of phones that orange has never sold directly (as far as I know) - for example the acer beTouch E210 and it also lists categories for companies who oranges have never supported.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Guess what!!!!!
    HP Pre 3 - Great Mobile Phone Deals on T-Mobile
    Right hover your mouse cursor over the tabs Talk Mobile, 3 or Vodafone and it says not available and they are greyed out!
    However the Tmobile, Orange both have deals and O2 is not greyed out but says prices are not finalized yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    Guess what!!!!!
    [url= Pre 3 - Great Mobile Phone Deals on T-Mobile[/url]
    Right hover your mouse cursor over the tabs Talk Mobile, 3 or Vodafone and it says not available and they are greyed out!
    However the Tmobile, Orange both have deals and O2 is not greyed out but says prices are not finalized yet!
    nice find...brits are getting b4 u.s. It seems
    Now expansys.se say 8 days until delivery of Pre 3. Ok, it is not a guarantee. But up until today it has been saying no time estimate at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    Guess what!!!!!
    HP Pre 3 - Great Mobile Phone Deals on T-Mobile
    They quote a 1.4 processor as well, not the dual-core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtravel View Post
    They quote a 1.4 processor as well, not the dual-core.
    Honestly, Its 1.4 single core, it always has been. I'm perplexed by how this stupid 1.2 Dual core rumour continues to circulate.

It was a small typo on the HP UK site, it got changed within a few days, but people continue to post news that stems from one or two speculative articles that were written at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Oh, and the Pre3 user manual can be downloaded from the above support pages ;-)
    Actually, it is not a Pre 3 specific manual and is a more generic manual for webOS phones (GSM).
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast