Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MarkSFCA
  1.    #1  
    Rnp and phillyeagles36 like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow, is that price right? It sounds like its gonna be free for launch? I wonder if that mean another webos device is coming right behind?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    The lower the better.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    That price is extremely low. A TCO of under £370 including a data contract over 2 years is very good. T-Mobile (or HP) are pricing the Pre 3 to compete with the mid-range Blackberrys and less than even the low end Androids. Seems like a sound strategy to me.

Also leaves loads of space to launch another device at a higher price with a shoutier set of specs.

EDIT
    having looked again, the cheapest tariff I can find with the phone for free gives a TCO of around £380 but with a cashback deal. Still excellent indeed.
    Last edited by JimboJones2268; 07/27/2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: correcting typo
    Carrralhos!!! August 31 st?????????????

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    This is still a giant failure in my book. I want a phone that is bar none that can stand up to the best Android and iPhones alike. Hardware is now out dated. It will be released WAAY to late! Then again free is tempting. Not enough from me to eve think about trading in my Evo 3D. Its sad because I love WebOS!

I hope the slab phone is a lot better on the hardware end of things. If HTC can do it then so can HP yes?
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hope this rumour comes true.
  8.    #8  
    I hope it's free when it launches in the U.S. We're still waiting to see who is going to carry it but FREE would be a great way to get the phone in the hands of a lot of new customers and allow HP to introduce webOS to a lot of new people. Once they see how great webOS is then they would be more likely to buy a TouchPad too.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I still think they should put a webos phone on pre-paid carriers...I would love to dump Sprint and go to Virgin. So much cheaper. It would definitely be a hit for the smartphone-starved pre-pd folks out there. They need optios other than Android...
    I'm still torn between el cheapo Veer (280 Euros in Germany incl. VAT) or the Pre3. Somehow, I don't want to pay more than 300 Euros for my next smartphone, especially since they're outdated fast...

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    This is still a giant failure in my book. I want a phone that is bar none that can stand up to the best Android and iPhones alike. Hardware is now out dated. It will be released WAAY to late! Then again free is tempting. Not enough from me to eve think about trading in my Evo 3D. Its sad because I love WebOS!

I hope the slab phone is a lot better on the hardware end of things. If HTC can do it then so can HP yes?

'nuff said
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSFCA View Post
    I hope it's free when it launches in the U.S. We're still waiting to see who is going to carry it but FREE would be a great way to get the phone in the hands of a lot of new customers and allow HP to introduce webOS to a lot of new people. Once they see how great webOS is then they would be more likely to buy a TouchPad too.
    I'll settle for 49.99 on contract. That's what most mid-range phones go for.

If they decide to go for what the Pre was asking for again (199 on contract), I'll report them to the authorities because they must be smoking something really good.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  12. H
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    That price is extremely low. A TCO of under £370 including a data contract over 2 years is very good. T-Mobile (or HP) are pricing the Pre 3 to compete with the mid-range Blackberrys and less than even the low end Androids. Seems like a sound strategy to me.

Also leaves loads of space to launch another device at a higher price with a shoutier set of specs.

EDIT
    having looked again, the cheapest tariff I can find with the phone for free gives a TCO of around £380 but with a cashback deal. Still excellent indeed.
    I haven't looked at the figures but if this is right (and the prices aren't changed later) I hope the handset-only prices are revised.

I took out a SIM-only contract on Tesco Mobile as there was a good deal and it uses o2's signal. I'll be annoyed if the price of my phone alone is more expensive than these contracts!