Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmlongo View Post
    Huh? What kind of twisted logic is that? The ORIGINAL iPhone was a huge success, so building upon a hugely successful product makes a ton of sense. Building upon a failed product, not so much...
    Agreed! apple was keeping resemblance with previous successful phone. HP is keeping resemblance with unsuccessful products.
    Derek_B likes this.
    If HP commits to something unpopular, they're dumb for doing something unpopular, even if they're continuously improving it.

If HP does something popular, they're dumb for assuming that copying something popular because innovators - the guys who do something different for a change - rule and copycats drool.

If HP stays on any given course, they're dumb because it's obviously the road to hell and eternal damnation.

If HP changes their course in any given detail, they're dumb because they're running around like headless chicken without any strategy or planning or vision at all.

If HP is doing something a more successful company is also doing, that something is something the other company is successful despite of. If HP isn't doing something a more successful company is doing, that something is something the other company is successful because of. If HP is doing something a more successful company isn't doing, that something is what HP is unsuccessful because of, or possibly just an irrelevant and stupid gimmick.

When HP implements a feature that was previously claimed to be one another company was successful because of, they're merely playing catch-up with the big boys (because it's important to be the first to do something). When another company implements a feature that was previously claimed to be an irrelevant and stupid gimmick feature of webOS or a feature webOS was unsuccessful because of, that feature is transformed into a game-changing killer app (because who cares if HP did it first).
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 07/25/2011 at 07:38 AM.
    fxspec06 and mobilover like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    If HP commits to something unpopular, they're dumb for doing something unpopular, even if they're continuously improving it.

If HP does something popular, they're dumb for assuming that copying something popular because innovators - the guys who do something different for a change - rule and copycats drool.

If HP stays on any given course, they're dumb because it's obviously the road to hell and eternal damnation.

If HP changes their course in any given detail, they're dumb because they're running around like headless chicken without any strategy or planning or vision at all.

If HP is doing something a more successful company is also doing, that something is something the other company is successful despite of. If HP isn't doing something a more successful company is doing, that something is something the other company is successful because of. If HP is doing something a more successful company isn't doing, that something is what HP is unsuccessful because of, or possibly just an irrelevant and stupid gimmick.

When HP implements a feature that was previously claimed to be one another company was successful because of, they're merely playing catch-up with the big boys (because it's important to be the first to do something). When another company implements a feature that was previously claimed to be an irrelevant and stupid gimmick feature of webOS or a feature webOS was unsuccessful because of, that feature is transformed into a game-changing killer app (because who cares if HP did it first).
    A very long winded (and good!) description of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".
    mafu6 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    My little sister is selling lemon aid in a lemon aid stand on the street corner.

She sells 5 glasses on day 1.

Tropicana sold 500,000 glasses on the same day.

On day two, she decides to put more lemon in the lemon aid. She sells 6 glasses this time.

Tropicana puts more sugar in theirs and sells 600,000 glasses.

Conclusion: My little sister does not have the prowess Tropicana does. It doesn't mean Tropicana's lemon aid was better. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Nobody even tried her lemon aid so who can even tell?
    Very good, but (I don't think) your little sister is interested in trying to compete against Tropicana. (and if she was Tropicana would just send the police after her: Georgia Police Close Girls' Lemonade Stand - FoxNews.com).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Very good, but (I don't think) your little sister is interested in trying to compete against Tropicana. (and if she was Tropicana would just send the police after her: Georgia Police Close Girls' Lemonade Stand - FoxNews.com).
    So are we saying Tropicana is like Apple, like how they are sending patent lawyers against HTC and the likes?

Hey, they both sell fruit products.

And what's lemon aid? I know Band Aid, Rite Aid and lemonade...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    And what's lemon aid?
    I believe it's pretty much like humanitarian aid, only for citrus fruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So are we saying Tropicana is like Apple, like how they are sending patent lawyers against HTC and the likes?

Hey, they both sell fruit products.

And what's lemon aid? I know Band Aid, Rite Aid and lemonade...
    lemon aid is that fruit that rushes to assist you when you hurt yourself
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

mafu6 likes this.
    How can the HP Pre, or Palm Pre, or webOS "thingy", and now even the HP TouchPad become part of our culture as Apple has?

I think Apple kept to a very simple formula using "i" as in "for me" for their line of mobile, computers, music, and cloud products. For example: iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes. I have yet to hear any reference to "Pre anything" on TV or in the movies. Yet, the "i" this or the "i" that is mentioned alot in TV, movies, even websites that advertise their products or services will display a tagline similar to..."mobile app coming soon for the iPhone", or "...mobile app available soon for Android". Very rarely will you see a webOS app become available before an Apple or Android app.

Apple's "i" has already become ingrained in our culture as a "for me" or "me" brand. Even T-Mobile's "My Touch" phone sounds easier to remember as a product on TV rather than webOS or Pre. Because of the headstart, the Apple "i" has everything going for it and that is why it is so simple and easy to remember. At the job, people find it easier to chat about the "i" this or that more easily than the webOS this or that during the proverbial water cooler chat.

It is simply alot easier to say, "I called her on my iPhone" instead of saying, "I called her on my webOS?" or, "...on my Palm Pre", or "...on my HP Pre", or even, "...on that new webOS thingy from HP".

- "i" get it...the "i"s have it.
    Last edited by fred1955; 07/25/2011 at 12:43 PM.
    You are correct. Apple has created a cultural phenomenon. My daughter is 12, and all the "cool" kids have iPhones and ipods.

She was 10 when I got my pre. She enjoyed it. It was easy to use and get around in. But now it's I everything.
    If all the cool kids did cocaine would you all have the same attitude if your daughters joined them?

Double standards are fun!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    If all the cool kids did cocaine would you all have the same attitude if your daughters joined them?

Double standards are fun!
    It's now iCocaine.... Columbia is getting hip.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    My suggestion for a new name for the Pre 3: The HP Sprint !
    bludragn and fmarcanojr like this.
    awsome on both fronts good call
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    My suggestion for a new name for the Pre 3: The HP Sprint !
    Finally a theme that can sum up HP's efforts.

HP Sprint - away from Sprint and sales.
    HP Veer - in another direction
    HP Juke - out of consumers hands?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    I think HP needs to work on their road map...At this point who cares what the name is when they cant even get a simple device out the door. Thats how I see it.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12