1.    #1  
    Is the frankenpre retrofit job going to work on the Pre 3?
    As noted by Rod many times it will not. The physical structure has changed so it's not physically possible.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I searched and came up with nothing.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The big problem comes from the lack of a new generation Sprint phone. I don't even know if the Pre 3 will have a comm board that COULD be swapped if one were made available, or if it is all built-in.

That's the real key, if you have a comm board that can be swapped, then you would need a compatible comm board from Sprint. Assuming the DESIGN would allow it(and it's not built into the mainboard), a Sprint slab style phone MIGHT have a compatible comm board to allow a swap at some point, if the design is compatible.
    So now that there are some hardware examples in the wild, do we know how feasible it will be to swap in a different commboard to the phones in the wild?
    I've sent my friend a Sprint Treo 755p in the past and she was able to activate it on Verizon. Is there any reason the same couldn't be done in reverse for the Verizon Pre3?
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by sumanb View Post
    I've sent my friend a Sprint Treo 755p in the past and she was able to activate it on Verizon. Is there any reason the same couldn't be done in reverse for the Verizon Pre3?
    verizon will occasionally add in an esn for you, i don't know why, but on certain phones they will do so, but sprint will not.