Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Why have we still not heard anything solid, not rumors on the Pre 3? It just seems crazy that we haven't heard anything official at all. You would think that they would want to keep the Pre 3 in the forefront of our minds. Especially for those that have bought the touchpad because of the "touch to share" feature that is null and void until the Pre 3 or an update for the veer show up on the scene. Just sucks that such a good os is lost in a repeat of failed launches and promises . Just my opinion

Ken
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    kinda focused on the touchpad, which needed to ship and stabilize before they could finalize webos on the Pre3. Patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    kinda focused on the touchpad, which needed to ship and stabilize before they could finalize webos on the Pre3. Patience.
    Patience is one thing, February to July is another.

They just didn't learn anything from the Pre launch.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    shanshor and BlueTuna like this.
    no news is good news.....
    Pre3 was rumoured for today in Canada - no signs
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

if you will recall, they indicated that the Pre3 would launch in the "Summer." it is just that no one thought to ask "in which hemisphere, northern or southern?" To paraphrase Jimmy Buffet, it is summer somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

A different company released the original pre an entirely different company . HP might be slow to learn the mobile game but they will step it up quickly i assure you !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't think HP is particularly enthusiastic about the smartphone market.

They should license it to HTC or samsung. It will expand the ecosystem and benefit touchpad too.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I don't think HP is particularly enthusiastic about the smartphone market.

They should license it to HTC or samsung. It will expand the ecosystem and benefit touchpad too.

Alot of signs are pointing to that conclusion.1.they released the veer,2.they have been promoting the Touchpad more then any other webos devices,mainly smartphones.They have been promoting and talking more about the TouchPad then the veer when the veer was released.Maybe they(HP) think we will say forget a webos phone and leave them alone so they can say see! why should we make phones if nobody will buy them? Maybe that's their plan all along.I'm tired of people saying it takes time but all the while HTC are putting out phones like they are literally growing them on trees.Hp is a billion dollar company and it shouldn't take this long to make a great smartphone that's not out of date before it comes out.They are not knew to maing hardward so that's not an excuse either.
    Not sure if we can draw conclusion 2 yet.

webOS doesn't have any devices other than smartphones and tablets, and pretty much at this point HP only has one in each category, Veer and Touchpad. And the Veer promotion isn't exactly small, the Gaga stunt and the summer tours. Except that they are VERY geographically limited as the Veer is tied to AT&T (and O2 in Europe), so advertising will be equally limited, so probably it's AT&T that doesn't want to push the Veer, not HP. HP CAN be much more active in pushing the TouchPad since it's Wi-Fi only.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Yes RIM fans also said patience when asked about the release dates of the new 2011 Blackberry refresh, yet 7 months later still no news...

I swear RIM and HP/Palm must be close family...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    RIMs problem is they have lost alot of marketshare and imo are going to be dead soon... no one really wants a blackberry anymore...and some could say that about WebOS

HP just has not adjusted to WebOS yet... they can push out computers and the most they have to do is get a driver from XYZ manufacturer of ABC soundcard etc every now and then- dealing with owning, maintaining etc of their own OS imo has spun them more for a loop than they expected- see how slow the touchsmart PCs roll out revision compaired to stock win7 boxes- and thats just a Win7 overlay.

The obvious stall in the Pre3 is 2.2/2.3 and all the cool features that come with it- I dont feel the hardware is the problem... right now I honestly think they are saying "We missed the first cycle on the pre3 and we are 1-2 months from missing the next- we need to fix that."

I think there is a spec revision out there, call it the "Pre4G" - if the pre3 is not out by august- its going to be release to only have a replacement phone or pre4 within month(s)

I dont like samsung - but a HTC WebOS phone would be quite nice- a good strong partnership with HTC would do alot- even if they are HP/HTC branded phones.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Considering they could have pushed out the Pre 3 back in Feb/March with WebOS 2.1 on it, before TTS was even going to be an issue, I also find this whole approach rather stupid. Compare the number of iPhones sold compared to iPads, and you get an idea about how many Pre 3s would sell compared to the Touchpad. I would guess it may be in the 10:1 to 20:1 range. Remember also that most smartphones cost $500-$600 off contract...think about that, the amount people are spending to buy a Touchpad is what most people spend on a phone. With that approach, how could HP make the Touchpad a priority over the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Yes RIM fans also said patience when asked about the release dates of the new 2011 Blackberry refresh, yet 7 months later still no news...

I swear RIM and HP/Palm must be close family...
    Actually the new BlackBerries are launching on Bell.

Bell to release the BlackBerry Torch 9810, Bold 9900, Torch 9860 and Curve 9360 | MobileSyrup.com

The CEO of HP is Mr. Leo Apotheker. I have written him and asked what is going on. No reply to date.

The reason for the letter was out of frustration. After it became clear the OS2 was not going to be made available to Palm Pre owners (white smoke began to come out of my ears!), I attempted to get some answers from HP customer service. All phone numbers lead to call centers in India, the Phillipines or Malaysia. When you ask to speak to someone in the USA, they transfer you to India, the Phillipines or Malaysia. Sadly,these very nice people have NO EARTHLY CLUE WHAT IS GOINg ON AT HP.

As a customer, I am very frustrated with HP. One consolation is that HP's stock is trading at 2006 levels, which makes Mr. Apotheker's stock options worthless. My guess is that he's pretty frustrated too!

Come on HP...we're ready for the Pre 3 and who the service provider is going to be!!!
    So, I sent an e-mail to HP asking for more information on the Pre 3 (release date and carriers to be exact) and this is the response I got.

Thank you for your continued interest in Hewlett-Packard products.

Hewlett-Packard is always looking to improve and expand our product line. However, as a Hewlett-Packard representative, I am unable to provide information on products that may or may not be under development. This is because Hewlett-Packard does not wish to give information on upcoming products and then retract the information if an unforeseen circumstance happens to arise. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are interested in purchasing other products directly from the HP Shopping Store in Canada, please visit our web site at:

HP Shopping.CA

You may also call the hp shopping store in Canada at 1-877-231-4351.

To locate an authorized reseller please visit our web site at:

Partner Locator - Canada

You can also purchase an HP service agreement, known as a Care Pack, for many in-warranty HP products. For more information and details about Care Packs, please visit our website at:

Care Pack Central > Care Pack Central

The web sites above were sent out with no spaces in the addresses. They will sometimes arrive with spaces where they should not be, due to the way the email sends. You may need to copy the web site addresses, line by line, into your computer web address window and remove the spaces. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope I have thoroughly answered all of your presales questions. Please reply to this message if we can be of further assistance.

For your convenience, you can also call our Presales Department at 1-800-474-6836 (8:30am - 8:30pm, Mon-Fri, and 10am - 7pm Sat, Eastern Time). Our Hewlett-Packard representatives are trained professionals who can help you decide on the right HP product for you.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Hewlett-Packard products. We value your business!

Sincerely,

Nicole W
    Representative
    Hewlett-Packard

So, in summary, it seems very few people actually know what's going on
    I just got sick of waiting too! All I want is a new device. The Touchpad isn't doing it for me. Plus with the silents on price or carriers its even more of a reason to why I jumped ship last week! I still come to read up on the news. I am starting to think that Fall release is in fact true...SAD! HP FAILS!

Really was hoping HP would turn Palm around. WebOS is a beautiful OS! Yet its still held back by its company. Pretty sad if you ask me. The best OS is on its death bed
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    slim210 likes this.
    Pre3, y u no release?!
    Maybe HP invested a lot of their money in Borders?
    Last year when I learned HP was buying Palm, I wasn't thrilled. We've had problems with HP desktops. I want a laptop but I'm not considering an HP laptop. I want the Pre 3, but with HP as the manufacturer, I'm not sure how solid the hardware is going to be. I've heard of problems with the TouchPad charging port already.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast