Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    RIMs problem is they have lost alot of marketshare and imo are going to be dead soon... no one really wants a blackberry anymore...and some could say that about WebOS.

The key difference here in the comparison to RIMs issues is that RIM had and even with the erosion of late continues to have significant market share. They are growing in a lot of international markets - not that it will save them in the end. WebOS, of course, had fractional market share and now isn't helping itself with the delays. Sad to watch since the OS is so obviously more intuitive than others.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I would guess that news is "coming soon".
    Remember, HP is a computer/printer company. They're pushing what is their core business. It would be nice to see WebOS as it is on phones manufactured by other companies. That would give the market more WebOS choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Why have we still not heard anything solid, not rumors on the Pre 3? It just seems crazy that we haven't heard anything official at all. You would think that they would want to keep the Pre 3 in the forefront of our minds. Especially for those that have bought the touchpad because of the "touch to share" feature that is null and void until the Pre 3 or an update for the veer show up on the scene. Just sucks that such a good os is lost in a repeat of failed launches and promises . Just my opinion

Ken
    I completely agree with you. The air is stagnant. I keep checking the Internet or PreCentral for any late-breaking news for the Pre3. Anything that hints at the possibility the Pre3 is coming to Sprint, or all carriers, or a soft/hard release, similar to TouchPad. Nothing! Is all I've been reading these past 2 weeks. Seems like everything is all about the Gee Whiz TouchPad. I personally don't even need a darn TouchPad.
    Yet, as you clearly stated, the TouchPad needs the Pre3 due to the TTS feature. It seems rather perplexing not to release all three webOS devices (TP, Pre3, Veer) at the same time. Imean, they all use TTS and would benefit anyone in need of this great feature. So, why keep consumers, legacy owners at bay with this cloak and dagger stuff? HP is only hurting themselves. All other major brands are releasing phone after phone after phone.

Yes, I know...Sprint controls the cards. Sure. We get it but meanwhile, only 550,000 Android devices are ripping apart webOS potential with half-a-million activations per day. Wait! Did I write this correctly? "Per Day", or "Daily", or "Every-single Day", or "Todos los dias"? Wow? OMG! - I mean, how do we compete with that?
    If this were an NFL game the score would be 88 to 0! webOS is merely a small OS now compared to Android and Apple iOS. And, it is not going to get any better for us. By end of this year, Android will have already released version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on all of their devices.
    HP sez this is not a race but a marathon? I sez, Really?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Did you read the article?

Bell has honestly put together one of their nicest device lineups. They have a bunch of wicked Android devices that include the ATRIX, Desire Z, Incredible S and Sensation. Now, according to this leaked internal doc it shows that a slew of BlackBerry will be added to the growing list late-August or September. All of these have shown up online in either pics or leaked videos, but Bell plans on releasing the BlackBerry Torch 9810, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry Torch 9860 and BlackBerry Curve 9360.
    RIM and HP: good luck in September against the iPhone 5/4s
    According to this, Canada: Bell To Officially Release Samsung Galaxy S2 (Rumored July 14) Bell is also going to release, The Phone of the Year, 2011 "The Samsung Galaxy S2".

- we're gonna need a bigger boat...much bigger
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Did you read the article?

RIM and HP: good luck in September against the iPhone 5/4s
    My point was even RIM have some form of news. We have nothing.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Patience is one thing, February to July is another.

They just didn't learn anything from the Pre launch.
    As others have pointed out, in February HP announced that the Pre 3 would ship "this summer" and technically that is until September 21, 2011.

That is 7 ½ months, a product life-cycle.

For example, the Droid X2 shipped 11 months after the Droid X first shipped. The Droid 2 Shipped last August, then the Droid Pro successor came last winter and now the Droid 3 all in less than a year.

The Samsung Galaxy S first shipped in Asia in July 2010 and the Galaxy S2 shipped 9 months later in April 2011. As the S2 was shipping, Samsung began telling analysts about the S3 coming this winter and promises future life-cycles will be 6 months.

For all of these companies, it is completely seperate teams doing each product. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not the reason the Galaxy S2 is delayed in the US (per Samsung, carrier customization is).

If the Pre 3 would have shipped in February 2011, we would expect the Pre 4 to come this fall. 7 ½ months is a life-cycle.

Rnp likes this.
    Yes. Agreed. Point well taken.

Nope. No News. Nothing from HP except about the darn, TouchPad.
    Nothing to report on the Pre3.
    Nothing! Nada! Zippo!

- or is this the calm before the storm?
    this is really getting sad. im almost at the point of leaving sprint and grabbing the nicest android device i can find.
    What if HP doesnt plan to make anymore phones at all and that is what they meant in their vague statements about not selling webOS to competitors on same types of products?
    All signs point to AT&T getting the Pre3 very soon.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Do you guys remember how quickly the TouchPad and Veer were announced release date and that release date actually came? I bet the Pre 3 is announced on At&t August 1st and it releases a week later.
    I know everyone is frustrated with the waiting. I am too. But it is not as if HP has passed the release timeframe they announced in February. On February 9, they said the Pre 3 will be released this summer. We've still got 2 months of summer left.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Do you guys remember how quickly the TouchPad and Veer were announced release date and that release date actually came? I bet the Pre 3 is announced on At&t August 1st and it releases a week later.
    quick? far from it.
    Do you remember the big poster in Palm Office. It says 25/8. That is the date its coming out.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Do you remember the big poster in Palm Office. It says 25/8. That is the date its coming out.
    I don't remember the poster but that information cleverly omits the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I don't remember the poster but that information cleverly omits the year
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    And the sad part is if you follow the first adopters of the touchpad they are running into the same problems as the Pre-.....

Cracks by the speakers and everyone is sending them back for a new unit....

Will hp take a big hit like Palm did ?

Yes... and we wonder why Sprint wants no part of this!
    My pre is still running strong, but reading those posts about cracks does bring back memories.

It's expensive stuff, when will they learn to do better design? I know it's generation 1, but there are sufficient generation 1 products from other companies never have ridiculous problems.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast