Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was skimming through the UK version of the WebOS site after noticing the 1.2 dual has been changed BACK to the 1.4 single core. I also came across the Pre 3 as being a 4G device. If you click on the webOS section under Pre 3 then look at the top were the tab is.. it states "HP webOS for 4G Pre3..." So i think the Pre 3 will be marketed as a 4G device.

    HP webOS for 4G Pre3. Simply Amazing. | HP OfficialŽ Site
  2.    #3  
    Gah. Whoops. I didn't even see that/ That was posted while i was away. Well still For people who read this will find out that the UK Specs page has been UPDATED and no more 1.2 dual core and NO MORE beats audio.
  3. #4  
    no problem! I just want them to ship it!
  4.    #5  
    Same here.. my plans been up since April.. I've been searching up to ying-yang to see what i am gonna go with now considering no Sprint for this beast. AT&T is cheaper and supposedly has the same coverage as Verizon around my area.. but Verizon has better signal.. Plus AT&T has 4G... and the Pre 3 probably won't be LTE.. So I'm trying to weigh it out..

    AT&T:
    Pros - Cheaper, 4G
    Cons - Signal Strength, Data Plan

    AT&T is the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and lack signal. Since there's dropped calls and such 4G is sorta pointless if i can't get signal to use (Well i can but not very strong). Also, AT&T has the set data plans same as Verizon.

    Verizon:
    Pros - Signal Strength
    Cons - Price, 4G, Data Plan

    Verizon has excellent Signal but the Pre 3 won't be 4G LTE. It's be more expensive then AT&T but less expensive then Sprint mainly because i've a heavy data user. I would rather use my phone then my computer.

    Sprint:
    Pros - True unlimited Everything, Signal Stength
    Cons - Price, 4G

    Sprint is the most expensive as of the 3 but like i said in the AT&T paragraph 'you get what you pay for' with true unlimited services. Plus i get good signal strength now. No 4G where i'm at but that's not really important considering that the Pre 3 won't have WiMax..

    In conclusion.. I'm totally lost here.. I'm not sure what to do.

    Any suggestions? For people who may live near me, i'm in the Metro Detroit area.
  5. #6  
    verizon gets my money. And for me they are the same price as at&t
  6. #7  
    On the storage side, only 8GB is listed, 16GB is nowhere to be found!
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Same here.. my plans been up since April.. I've been searching up to ying-yang to see what i am gonna go with now considering no Sprint for this beast. AT&T is cheaper and supposedly has the same coverage as Verizon around my area.. but Verizon has better signal.. Plus AT&T has 4G... and the Pre 3 probably won't be LTE.. So I'm trying to weigh it out..

    AT&T:
    Pros - Cheaper, 4G
    Cons - Signal Strength, Data Plan

    Verizon:
    Pros - Signal Strength
    Cons - Price, 4G, Data Plan

    Sprint:
    Pros - True unlimited Everything, Signal strength
    Cons - Price, 4G

    Any suggestions? For people who may live near me, i'm in the Metro Detroit area.
    It mostly between At&t and Verizon for the Pre 3. Even though its more expensive i'd probably go with Verizon. Not much of a reason to get a service that you get no reception with. Although, I THOUGHT, At&t CEO said at&t should see a boost in service in the next few months. Really wanted to emphasize that "i thought" part though

    As far as LTE and HSPA+ goes, the Pre 3 will be HSPA+, no LTE. So if your really doing it for the phone, At&t will have the upper hand.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 07/19/2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  8. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #9  
    Since HSPA+(what AT&T is calling 4G these days) is a bit newer, it is possible that AT&T service quality will be higher if your area has been upgraded to those higher speeds. Considering how many billing related complaints have been filed against Verizon, I'd rather have a slightly lower quality of service than be forced to really check my bill every month to make sure Verizon has not thrown a random $10 fee in there for some service I never signed up for and never used.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Since HSPA+(what AT&T is calling 4G these days) is a bit newer, it is possible that AT&T service quality will be higher if your area has been upgraded to those higher speeds. Considering how many billing related complaints have been filed against Verizon, I'd rather have a slightly lower quality of service than be forced to really check my bill every month to make sure Verizon has not thrown a random $10 fee in there for some service I never signed up for and never used.
    I was actually told the standards for 4G had been revised. Hadn't actually looked into it so i couldn't really say, but HSPA+ is considered 4G.

    Here is the quickest article i could find. I only briefly viewed it.
    ITU Redefines 4G. Again. | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  10. #11  
    Huh, I just priced contracts in case I decide to switch away from Sprint to keep the Pre, and AT&T was a lot more expensive for me than Verizon. Verizon also has better coverage around here than AT&T, so I'd definitely go with Verizon over AT&T.

    (Or move to Android and stick with Sprint.)
  11. #12  
    I'll probably change to whoever gets a "world phone" with SIM slot. That way I can go buy a prepaid SIM when I travel to Europe for work.
  12. #13  
    A friend with a "world phone" droid on Verizon had to buy a SIM, and _then_ tell Verizon what his new number would be before they would allow the new SIM to work in his phone. So there seem to be world phones and world phones. Sprint tells me the XPRT is unlocked for foreign countries, and you can just buy a SIM and drop it in. (And I've seen reviews from customers who did just that.)
  13. #14  
    puzzlegal, you are calculating something wrong.
  14. #15  
    is it possible that they will do a launch similar to the touchpad 4g launch with ATT? maybe we got wind of something that is going to happen with the pre3, but hasnt been revealed yet, maybe a dual-core bump to help the burden of 4g info? was just randomly thinkin bout that...
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    puzzlegal, you are calculating something wrong.
    Perhaps I am. I "chatted" with a representative, who quoted that I'd have to pay $85 + taxes, but looking at the websites it looks like I can do it cheaper.

    Cheapest plans that will meet my needs are:
    (According to recent phone bills, I use a little over a gig of data each month, about 40 minutes of talk time, and usually no text messages, max of 6 in a month.)

    Sprint: $70 Simply everything plan + $10 smartphone fee = $80

    AT&T: $40 for phone + $25 for 2gb data = $65 + trivial amounts for per-unit text messages and $10 if I wanted navigation, which I would like, but not for $10/month.

    Verizon: $40 for phone + $30 for 2gb of data + trivial amounts for per-unit text messges and assorted little fees because Verizon nickels and dimes its customers = $70
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Perhaps I am. I "chatted" with a representative, who quoted that I'd have to pay $85 + taxes, but looking at the websites it looks like I can do it cheaper.

    Cheapest plans that will meet my needs are:
    (According to recent phone bills, I use a little over a gig of data each month, about 40 minutes of talk time, and usually no text messages, max of 6 in a month.)

    Sprint: $70 Simply everything plan + $10 smartphone fee = $80

    AT&T: $40 for phone + $25 for 2gb data = $65 + trivial amounts for per-unit text messages and $10 if I wanted navigation, which I would like, but not for $10/month.

    Verizon: $40 for phone + $30 for 2gb of data + trivial amounts for per-unit text messges and assorted little fees because Verizon nickels and dimes its customers = $70
    The 85/mo gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile like sprint and unlimited txt messaging. For 20 more I think that is great value


    Don't forget sprints new 10 smartphone data fee
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    The 85/mo gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile like sprint and unlimited txt messaging. For 20 more I think that is great value
    Not if you average 40 minutes of talk time and one text message /month. YMMV. The limit I am most worried about is data. as I expect my data usage to increase, especially if I get a faster slicker phone with better access to videos and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Don't forget sprints new 10 smartphone data fee
    That's included in the numbers I printed above.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Don't forget sprints new 10 smartphone data fee
    He didn't
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Not if you average 40 minutes of talk time and one text message /month. YMMV. The limit I am most worried about is data. as I expect my data usage to increase, especially if I get a faster slicker phone with better access to videos and such.
    That's included in the numbers I printed above.
    I am a power user and I always find myself near wifi... On sprint I average 600mg of data... I am probably doing close to 5gb but mostly find wifi to connect to ...

    Like you said?. Ymmv
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions