1.    #1  
    There's been no mention (far as I can remember or tell) that the Pre 3 or even the Pre 2 will get MovieStore, Kindle and other services.

Does anyone know if those phones are part of the plan for those and other future services?

If not, that would be a huge mistake and show HP is again abandoning their devices and can't compete with their competitors.
    Don't think there is any information on this yet...... Pre3 will land on AT&T soon. I guess we'll eventually find out.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    I kinda think if they had any plans we would have heard about something by now. I hope I won't be able to look back at this post and say, "I was right."
    I agree... I'd think they were concentrating on 3.0 (tablet OS) for this stuff first. Perhaps down the line they would look at adding it to phones, but I imagine the priority is getting it set up on 3.0 for now.
  5.    #5  
    HelloNNNewman,
    If what you say is true then HP will be focusing away from phones to other devices as was feared by many of us.

The TP is already on the shelves and in the hands of many. For HP to focus their attention away from one of their devices that hasn't even launched yet doesn't give me warm fuzzies for the future of WebOS phones
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    If there were any plans for them to actually sell/release the Pre 3, we would have heard something by now....seriously, HP changes model numbers on their PCs every six months or so, which obviously means they can do THAT in a six month period, so why is it so difficult to release a single phone that should have been good to go over four months ago?

Why has no one been fired for gross incompetence in the process?
  7.    #7  
    I'm starting to think this ^
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah. now its getting ridiculous.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Maybe I don't understand it, but isn't that the purpose of the Touch to Share option: so that I can be reading my Kindle on my TouchPad, and when I have to leave, I can tap my Palm 3, and pick up where I was reading on the TP? That syncing feature seems to be one of the best reasons to get both, IMHO.
    Isn't HP's plan for you to have both a tablet and a phone? Why would they put this on the tiny screen on your phone?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Isn't HP's plan for you to have both a tablet and a phone? Why would they put this on the tiny screen on your phone?
    For starters the Pre 3 has the same size screen as the iPhone which has all the video services the iPad does.

Second not everyone has money to burn to get both a TP and a Pre 3. The Pre 3 (or a smartphone) is more of a necessity for people then a tablet, so a tablet would be considered more of a luxury item. Also you can carry your smartphone everywhere you go but you don't necessarily want to carry a tablet everywhere. Phone, keys, wallet is what most people have on them throughout the day.
    No Kindle on Pre 3 (or any webOS phone) means I will probably pass on ever buying one.
    Why would you want to read a book on a cell phone?

The Pre 3 is coming. I have a nephew that used to work at Palm he helped design the Pixi. He moved over to Amazon and was one of the design engineers for the latest Nook. He has talked to friends still at Palm, they told him the delay was due to some problems they had that have been resolved on the Pre3.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Some people may not, it's all about choice though.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

The Pre 3 is coming. I have a nephew that used to work at Palm he helped design the Pixi. He moved over to Amazon and was one of the design engineers for the latest Nook. He has talked to friends still at Palm, they told him the delay was due to some problems they had that have been resolved on the Pre3.
    If that is correct, then HP should have said that to the community...you know, the ones that have been waiting to replace their old phones?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Because I almost always have my phone with me... it's a good way to pass the time.