Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    ***Update*** July 16, 2011
    Hash tag will be #Pre3onSprint, remember to @HP and @Sprint. On twitter
    For Facebook, just the phrase Pre3onSprint!

I know things are getting more somber everyday and as some members have noted this effort may be futile, but the best answer I can come up with to that is "Why Not?" it will only take a few seconds of posting. But if we can do it a few times a day it will make some impact.

So I want the Pre3 on Sprint and I know its been gloom and doom around here with the articles on Precentral and else where. However, I want to start a new campaign to hopefully, or perhaps desperately, get Sprint and HP to listen up and get the Pre3 on the carrier. My plan involves bombarding the two companies social media sites (i.e. twitter, facebook) with the phrase "Pre3 on Sprint". So here is the battle plan:

1. Make July 23rd the first National Pre3 on Sprint Day (first date with a 3 in the number, August 3rd would be the next date to target)
    2. Get the word out all over the forums and make the article page of Precentral and webOSroundup in order to get the word out.
    3. Post as many times on facebook or twitter on the dates above "Pre3 on Sprint" without getting kicked off or suspected as a bot.

Thoughts? Lets do this!
    Last edited by rgonzal10; 07/16/2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Update
    Sounds like a great idea. I don't know if it will change Sprints mind but at least they will know we really do want it still. Maybe, just maybe, it would work if there are enough of us doing it. Count me in.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the support! I feel the same way. Its better than whining about how its not on the carrier and lets us be proactive instead of reactive. Let as many members know as you can. Please. Thanks Again!
    I'll do it
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    count me in.
    How about just make it "Launch the Pre3 Now" day.

Why limit it to Sprint? None of us have it yet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm all in for National Pre3 on Sprint Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    How about just make it "Launch the Pre3 Now" day.

Why limit it to Sprint? None of us have it yet.
    I see your point but AT&T will get it in the near future (Pre3 video review already seen with AT&T Navigator on it) followed by VZ. Sprint will most likely NOT get it at all.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    rgonzal10 likes this.
    i'm right behind you...and still waiting for some news about a possible pre3 sprintifing as a backup plan...we will survive...hey hey...!!!!!...i love sprint and webOS....and i plan on doing my part in making it happen.....
  10.    #10  
    Any ideas on how to best promote/spread the word on the this thread? Want as much people involved as possible.
    I have given up on sprint. I now just buy the latest android phone and return it with in 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I see your point but AT&T will get it in the near future (Pre3 video review already seen with AT&T Navigator on it) followed by VZ. Sprint will most likely NOT get it at all.
    And like I care about AT&T either...

Oh wait I do, I want them to price it wrong on Amazon.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    mu7efcer likes this.
  13. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    im in . . . .would rather say webos on Sprint . . .since we know they are already finalizing the marketing for the Pre3 . . . .there still is nothing turning off the rumor of the slab on sprint . . .right?

either way count me in on the posts~
    I am in. Wish we could do something great.
    wit whatever it takes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'll join in on your efforts!
    I'm in, they have to listen...right?
    I've given up on sprint too, but I'll support the cause. Count me in.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I'm in! Let's hope they can design and build a new version of the phone to work on Sprint's network, get Sprint to carry their phone, pass it through the FCC, and get it to market in 10 days! HP's certainly shown how good they are at rushing products that really aren't ready to go to market.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgonzal10 View Post
    Any ideas on how to best promote/spread the word on the this thread? Want as much people involved as possible.
    Start a Twitter HashTag
    #SprintPre3 or whatever hash tag you want. Also be sure to include @Palm @HP @ Sprint in the Tweet.

We can do this, we can make it happen; or annoy a bunch of folks trying.
    cujoq37 likes this.
    I have a Pre Plus on Verizon but I will join the cause! I will post and Facebook with you.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast