Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    I'm in

Also, @rgonzal10, as you figure out what the final hashtag and strategy will be, please:

1) update your original post so that everyone can see it, and
    2) refer people back to that post so that the information is consistently shared to everyone.
    I am in. Sounds like a great idea.
    How about #ReleasePre3OnSprint along with #webOS
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I'm in

Also, @rgonzal10, as you figure out what the final hashtag and strategy will be, please:

1) update your original post so that everyone can see it, and
    2) refer people back to that post so that the information is consistently shared to everyone.
    Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I like and will participate!
    Not sure if it will help, but I'm putting the dates on my calendar from my Launch Day Pre
    it has been kindly posted in Log In | Facebook :-)

If this community can convince some of the other WebOs users to do it also, like the ones that complain about us Sprint peoples whining all the time. If we did succeed then they wouldn't hear some of us Sprint people whining all the time and it would benefit them also lol.

Also the people who couldn't wait anymore and gave up and are now on Android. Even if you guys don't have hope It would still help us all of they can participate.

Also what if there's a way to bombard this new guy taking over Rubinstiens spot that would be good also..."Stephen DeWitt, new webOS GBU head, approaching webOS as a salesman"
    Not trying to sound like a Sad Sam, but these internet posting/petition campaigns never amount to anything in and of themselves. All they do is make people login, get ignored by their target, and fizzle out.

I applaud the OP's enthusiasm, but this isn't going to do it. Alone.

If you want do something, it has to put a lot more pressure on Sprint than a few hundred (and that's my guess on the upper limit of participants) people logging into a FB page or signing an online petition. That's pretty passe'. I mean, for people on this site - which is a pretty dominant site insofar as webOS stuff is concerned, how many folks will sign? 50? That barely beats the existing on-line petition to "Allow Hedgehogs to Travel in Airline Cabins". That's real. Allow Hedgehogs to Travel in Airplane Cabins. And it has 34 signatures right now. And it's been up for less than a day.

If you want to make noise, you can't rush a date. You'll need to deliver 10s of thousands of people - live, virtually, or via other means - to one spot. That takes time and protracted work, cajolling of others, grass roots organizing.

And that many people are not the goal, they're a means to a goal. The goal is press coverage where "impressions" (the number of eyes on a particular printed thing) number in the millions. To get not just engadet to cover a massive groundswell of protestors, but the Washington Post tech section (follow @ceciliakang and interact, she's pretty responsive).

The benefit of this is that not only would you get a bigger audience - which would be more likely to get the attention of Sprint decision makers - but you'll also help educate the average Joe/Jane - who doesn't know or understand webOS or why OSes are different - about the issue. And hopefully help webOS get into the consciousness of folks who may be looking to buy a new smartphone soon.

Finally, rallying a few hundred people with funny, witty, on-point banners and signs in protest in Overland Park, KS would make for great visuals. That kind of stuff really flies when you're trying to reach people either via earned media or social media.

My dos centavos.
    JayhawkOne likes this.
    So, let's do it. How do we start?
    I've added it to my calendar. Count me in.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    seems like a waste of time. I hope something pans out for you though.
    quit wasting time and just do a franken pre2 and move on with life.

did mine last night and L O V E it
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey32 View Post
    Finally, rallying a few hundred people with funny, witty, on-point banners and signs in protest in Overland Park, KS would make for great visuals. That kind of stuff really flies when you're trying to reach people either via earned media or social media.
    I'd be down for protesting in OP.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    I just realized that I may have been neublous about protesting in Overland Park.

Was it clear to all that I meant Sprint's Corporate Headquarters in Overland Park, KS? If not, that's what I meant.
    I admire and appreciate the OP and other's efforts.

However, Sprint and HP are not blind to the numerous blogs, forum postings, calls, customer chats, emails with people asking to specifically bring the Pre3 to Sprint and they're choosing to ignore it, accepting the outcome which is basically losing their most loyal webOS fanbase. Why is this going to be any different?

Again, I love webOS and think it is the best thing out there for me and many others but I will not do anymore, other than to sit on my upgrade until my Pre- dies and I will get the next best thing ... or the next best thing shows up and interests me enough to retire my Pre- which is well due past a carrier-subsidized upgrade.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Why limit it to Sprint? None of us have it yet.
    What happened to the masked palm guy... HP guy now?

HPeeeee. Release the Pre 3, nowwwwww! Or I'm going to force this attractive young woman to use a Razrrrrrr!

You have 72 hours.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Why so many people here negative? "we are wasting our time" "these things never work" etc...

If you dont want to partcipate then just don't, and stop adding negativity to the cause. Yes we ALL know things like this may not get anywhere but we want to try anyway. If you don't want to join in, then don't comment.

@ToniCipriani "Why limit it to Sprint? None of us have it yet."

Serisously? because AT&T and Verizon are already confirmed. They just have to sit and wait until release date.

Alot of you people in this community could never be in a union. Always ready to attack your fellow WebOs users rather than assist.

If someone wants to try even the smallest of things to try and be heard before we are doomed for Android or jumping ship then damnit let them. Join in or be quiet with your negativity.
    cabbonizio likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    What happened to the masked palm guy... HP guy now?

HPeeeee. Release the Pre 3, nowwwwww! Or I'm going to force this attractive young woman to use a Razrrrrrr!

You have 72 hours.

He got an Android.
  19.    #39  
    Hey Everyone,
    Remember today is Natiional Pre3 on Sprint Day! Celebrate! Join me at rgonzal10 on twitter and retweet my posts to HP, sprint and anyone else you like.
    I read that article. Only refers to pre orig which is dead.

Ddtphoto why not get a pre2 or veer until pre3 released?

hurry up HP w pre3....wheres release my pre3 guy when we need him?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast