View Poll Results: When will the Pre3 launch in the US?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before the space shuttle Atlantis lands on July 20th.

1 1.18%
  • In the coming weeks.

6 7.06%
  • Before the end of Summer - September 22nd.

33 38.82%
  • Not soon enough for me.

18 21.18%
  • I don't need no stinking Pre3.

3 3.53%
  • Sometime after Hell freezes over.

24 28.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    What do you think?
    I'm going to wait for a webOS slab phone now. Also going to wait until there is a really-really working major ebook reader app for the webOS phones.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    When the TouchPad 3 is out, the Pre 3 will be out in the coming months after that
    pow12390 and mu7efcer like this.
    I'm guessing end of the month, early to mid next month. Kind a of a large range but whatever.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Nobody's going to say it??? Ok, I will........

In the coming months

Ok I skimmed phillyeagles36 reply....I was just looking for those 4 words
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    phillyeagles36 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    "In the coming months;" definitely, should have included that one in the poll. .
    I have a feeling that seeing as they're already releasing another touchpad this phone is probably going to be canceled until webOS 4 there seems to be a lot of odd things happening over at Palm/HP hopefully well get some even better hardware and the market will have a little more in it
    They're not "already releasing another touchpad" they're releasing the 3G version.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    They're not "already releasing another touchpad" they're releasing the 3G version.
    Don't you mean the marketroid 4G version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    you mean the one with a faster processor and possibly a different one? IDK what you consider "another" but once you change a processor I'm pretty sure that counts as "another". why was the pre plus "another" release? they only changed the ram.... hmmmm
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by abocornwall View Post
    I have a feeling that seeing as they're already releasing another touchpad this phone is probably going to be canceled until webOS 4 there seems to be a lot of odd things happening over at Palm/HP hopefully well get some even better hardware and the market will have a little more in it

My guess is that you voted for the last poll question.

It never occurred to me that HP might not release the Pre3. After all the hype about it,they gotta release the Pre3;don't they?
    Pricing & carrier announcements will happen at CES 2012. The Pre 3 will be HP's flagship phone for next year
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    you mean the one with a faster processor and possibly a different one? IDK what you consider "another" but once you change a processor I'm pretty sure that counts as "another". why was the pre plus "another" release? they only changed the ram.... hmmmm
    And removed the trackball, 16 GB storage as opposed to 8, keyboard and slider supposedly
    improved. and it was more like a version 1.5 rather than an entire NEW release. Hence only the plus on the name.

Even the Pre 2 had at least over 2 major hardware updates from the Pre Plus. All this is a CPU with a radio.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 07/13/2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    I say before the end of summer, well thats what im hoping atleast :P
    I wish I could afford it but I think it'll come before the end of the summer.
    By the end of the summer is fine with me. My Pre is over 2 years old and still works great plus with the outstanding work of webOS Internals/Homebrew Community it still serves my needs nicely.
    My guess is Fall. However, I'm on Sprint and would prefer to stay there (price of plan is decent). Around when the Pre 3 is released, Win Phone 7 Mango should be out as will the next iPhone. Android always has something new also so it will be interesting to see which of the varied options will get my vote.

HP is going to have to do a lot correctly and really deliver on the "Make It Right" promise to keep me.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    By the end of WHICH Summer?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    rickylago2 likes this.
    Can't answer. I think it'll be out by Nov 1. Which is pretty good timing for me b/c that's when my sprint contract ends and I can switch to who ever's carrying the Pre3.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Pre 3 Aug 29th
    AT&T Touchpad 4G (Cough Cough) .. err Psuedo G Sept 2nd
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast