1.    #1  
    Good news.
    I was able to pre order a pre 3 and just received this mail:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent Touch Pad / Pre 3 order.

We really appreciate your business.

We are working closely with HP supply chain to secure the first batch of
    products. We will dispatch your order as soon as it is received.

We will provide expected ship dates in the next few days.

Regards

Palm Store Europe
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Cool, lets hope it pans out.
    Order from where?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    We've known for a couple of weeks presales would start "soon" in Europe.
  5.    #5  
    I ordered from the eurostore.
    Pre orders are apparently back at HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoDeLaVega View Post
    Good news.
    I was able to pre order a pre 3 and just received this mail:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent Touch Pad / Pre 3 order.

We really appreciate your business.

We are working closely with HP supply chain to secure the first batch of
    products. We will dispatch your order as soon as it is received.

We will provide expected ship dates in the next few days.

Regards

Palm Store Europe
    I got it too, let's cross fingers!!
    I got it too.Does anyone know why eurostore is quoting 399 for 8gb while play.com is quoting 399 for 16gb?
  8. H
    Quote Originally Posted by kchan283 View Post
    I got it too.Does anyone know why eurostore is quoting 399 for 8gb while play.com is quoting 399 for 16gb?
    I was wondering the same myself. Just hope it isn't a mistake from play.com as I don't want to end up with the 8GB version

Hopefully play.com will start shipping at a similar time to the eurostore
    I'm sure you folks in Europe will be getting it well before us in the U.S. I have a feeling like it's going to be launched like the Pre 2.
    I'm guessing we wll all be seeing a steady stream of product releases on various carriers in the coming weeks.

I mean, the TP has only been out 1 week and we've already got an enhanced version coming out soon.

pretty soon we'll be seeing the P3 announcement, followed by the Slab phone and the 7" tablet, and who knows what else...

it's going to be a great next several months.

now, lets see some solid webOS hardware release info!
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I was wondering the same myself. Just hope it isn't a mistake from play.com as I don't want to end up with the 8GB version

Hopefully play.com will start shipping at a similar time to the eurostore
    Let us know when you receive. If its within short time of picking up from eurostore then I will send and get it from Play.com as I need 16gb as well. But if its going to be August end then I will stick with 8gb. Between TP16gb and Pre38gb I should be fine.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kchan283 View Post
    Let us know when you receive. If its within short time of picking up from eurostore then I will send and get it from Play.com as I need 16gb as well. But if its going to be August end then I will stick with 8gb. Between TP16gb and Pre38gb I should be fine.
    You really should use some spaces or hyphens... it looks like you were getting a 38GB Pre!
    oops sorry...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    $650 for an 8gb Pre?! no thanks. An your Pre 3 isn't "on its way", because it hasn't been shipped yet.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    $650 for an 8gb Pre?! no thanks. An your Pre 3 isn't "on its way", because it hasn't been shipped yet.
    Well european pre's are all contract-free.....
    I missed the part where your Pre 3 is on it's way.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    As I read it, you will get a shipping date in the next few days(from the time the e-mail was sent), not that it will be shipping in the next few days. There's a bit of a difference there. If it will be shipping soon though, that means that we have more of a reason to hate AT&T and Verizon for being slow carriers that would never last with some GOOD competition. AT&T needs to stop giving oral to Steve Jobs and accept that there is more to the world than the iPhone, and Verizon should accept that there is more going on than just Android.

People wonder why those two types of devices are doing well, it's because the CARRIERS push those devices, and ignore EVERYTHING else. HP has also been sleeping, since the COMMUNITY has not gotten any sort of update to US by anyone from HP.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toca79 View Post
    Well european pre's are all contract-free.....
    That's no excuse. I guess it should cost more in Europe, since it's an American product. The 16gb Pre 2 is $400 without a contract here.
    This thread title is misleading. The Pre3 is not on it's way. The Pre3 has been pre-ordered and you don't have any shipping date.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    That's no excuse. I guess it should cost more in Europe, since it's an American product. The 16gb Pre 2 is $400 without a contract here.
    I paid my pre 2 16gb contract free 180 euros, 253 us dollars...
    Anyway the pre 3 price is lower than other flagship devices such as the galaxy s2 wich costs 550 euros or the iphone 4 wich costs 500