Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Targon
  1.    #1  
    Will the Pre 3 Touchstone be the same as the older Pre Touchstones? I noticed on the HP website that the touchstone pictured looked considerably larger than the touchstones I have for my Pre Plus. (It could be a Veer that is pictured) HP Pre3 4G Smartphone Accessories | HP Official(R) Site

I was also wondering if anyone knows if you can set a Pre on the Touchstone Charging Dock for the TouchPad and charge it.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I would say that that picture is a veer on a normal touchstone. Im assuming that they are going to make it to work with the old Touchstones. I dont remember off the top of my head if I saw videos of the Pre 3 on a charger. As far as charging your phone on the TouchPad charger. I dont think it works. But I dont have one so im just guessing.
    Looks like that is a veer on the charger. lol
    Here is a video. To me, it seems like it will work with old touchstones.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    It is a veer shown on a touchstone- also the "new" touchstones are or "where" meant to be location specific- meaning if you have a touchstone by your bed, downstairs and one at work- that when its on your bedside it will know it- and lets say be dark or show alarm clock exhibision- and downstairs it goes into exibi mode picture slideshow- and at work it does calander and email exibi mode.

atleast thats what they at one time said would happen...who knows whats going on nowdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    It is a veer shown on a touchstone- also the "new" touchstones are or "where" meant to be location specific- meaning if you have a touchstone by your bed, downstairs and one at work- that when its on your bedside it will know it- and lets say be dark or show alarm clock exhibision- and downstairs it goes into exibi mode picture slideshow- and at work it does calander and email exibi mode.

atleast thats what they at one time said would happen...who knows whats going on nowdays.
    In the video I posted above though, Jon says webOS "devices" will be location aware. Did he mean the Touchstone charger?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    In the video I posted above though, Jon says webOS "devices" will be location aware. Did he mean the Touchstone charger?
    I personally do not know- when people asked they in typical HP fassion did not expand upon what is what- much like the T2Share communication coils-

They may have answered I just dont know- if the touchstones will have some unique id in them so the pre knows that one is one and the other is another...or if the location ID is just useing GPS coords.
    I personally do not know- when people asked they in typical HP fassion did not expand upon what is what- much like the T2Share communication coils-

They may have answered I just dont know- if the touchstones will have some unique id in them so the pre knows that one is one and the other is another...or if the location ID is just useing GPS coords.
    Well I havent heard anything other than rumors around here about that. I havent seen a video or anything myself where they even mention new chargers. I'd like to know where this rumor got started. lol
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I belive it all goes back to Feb 9th event
    I belive it all goes back to Feb 9th event
    Thats what I mean. I watched the event and I dont remember anything about new location aware chargers.
    Hmmm. Well if they are going to price that thing more than the original, it better do more than just know where it is for exhibition mode. I really dont think thats worth it. Thanks for the links.
    I think touchstone v2 is the touchpad stand. As far as I can tell, the phone touchstone is the same it's always been.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    There is a new generation of Touchstone chargers for the new generation of devices. These have an identification to them, so the new devices can know which charger they are connected to. In terms of size, there should be no difference, but there IS a difference. Other than being able to identify itself to the phone, the new phones(Veer and Pre 3) should be able to work with older Touchstone chargers for the charging, but they won't be able to identify which Touchstone they are on.
    JED-WEB-OS, Rockbeast and Rnp like this.